Hello

I was really excited to add countless apps to my BlackBerry Bold with the aid of a Micro SD expansion card, but apparently the Bold can only hold so many Applications? How do I allocate more device memory to application additions?

I can't understand why the 1GB of on-board memory wouldn't already be able to case the app data... I'd say it would be more likely for people to install applications into their blackberry than to load media onto the device, no?

Help
    10-09-08 08:34 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/

This will get you going

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-09-08 08:37 PM
    Hello

I was really excited to add countless apps to my BlackBerry Bold with the aid of a Micro SD expansion card, but apparently the Bold can only hold so many Applications? How do I allocate more device memory to application additions?

I can't understand why the 1GB of on-board memory wouldn't already be able to case the app data... I'd say it would be more likely for people to install applications into their blackberry than to load media onto the device, no?

Help
    A microSD card can't help you with running applications, because applications have to run in device memory. Device memory and microSD memory are accessed differently, and are not interchangeable. The microSD card does help by giving you a place to store pictures, videos, ringtones, and music, freeing up device memory that otherwise would be used by those items. The link that skullgame45 posted is your solution.
    10-09-08 09:51 PM
    The Bold has 128MB of flash memory for applications, this is quite a lot. A lot of us still on Curve's 8300-8320 only have 64MB of flash for applications.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-09-08 09:54 PM
    What about the application Aerize Card Loader? Can you install and run any 3rd party application from a SD Card with Aerize? It will free flash memory for apps if it really works. Need feedback about Aerize Card Loader.
    THZ.
    10-10-08 08:54 AM
    I'm glad to help you. Be sure to read it all the way through: http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/aer...-review-60919/
    10-10-08 08:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD