Is there any way to store applications on a memory card? It's just that I'm running out of space, and SMS's are being deleted. (I think that's why they're being deleted, anyway)
    Thanks
    Yash
    05-19-09 03:36 PM
    No way of putting applications on a memory card. If you have media on the device memory, it's better to put those on the media card. Usually the case of why messages and call logs start to get deleted.
    05-19-09 03:53 PM
    ... If you go to http: // aerize. c_o_m you will find the app called Aerize Card Loader. I have this installed on my BlackBerry Storm and have 30mb of memory and run 15-20 mb of ram. I also run 31 apps from Aerize Card Loader. I want you to know that EVERYTHING that you downlaod from BlackBerry App world will not install to the memory card. I know that all crackberry apps will download to the memory card. In order to get some to install to the memory card you will need to do a soft reset. You can load everything from Weather Bug, QUICKPULLv2, streaming radio, and themes to your card. Research is the key to intelligent though. If you have any question, then hit me up! Also I run OS4.5.0.122.

The BlackBerry contains only a limited amount of flash memory for holding themes, applications, and media. Fortunately all of the most recent BlackBerry devices also feature a MicroSD card port -- but, they still lack the ability to transfer programs to the main memory from the SD card as you might expect to be able to do.

Aerize Card Loader lets you do this. Here's how to manage your memory with Card Loader:

Download programs to the media card,
    Load the application to the device when desired,
    Unload the application when you're done with it.

And that's it! The real convenience lies in not needing a desktop computer to install or remove applications -- Card Loader takes care of it for you. Card Loader will add a "Save to SD card" option when you're installing OTA. Similarly, you can still use USB mass storage mode or a SD card reader in your desktop computer to transfer the .cod application files you need to the SD card. Once they're on the card, feel free to install and uninstall as you wish. Only the programs actually installed to the BlackBerry's device flash memory will consume space -- otherwise, they'll exist only on the SD card.

Frequently asked questions:

Q. How does Card Loader run programs from the SD card?
    A. Running programs must be installed on the device's flash memory. Card Loader makes it very quick and easy to install from the SD card to memory without needing to plug into a computer. Then when you're done, you can conserve your device memory by removing the application.

Q. How can I move a program installed before Card Loader to the SD card?
    A. Due to device limitations, Card Loader can only install programs that were either:
    Downloaded OTA with the "Save to SD card" option checked
    Installed on the SD card from a computer
    So, the easiest way is to just download it again and select the "Save to SD card" checkbox. Then Card Loader will have a copy on the SD card that it can use for installing or reinstalling.

For the complete Card Loader manual, visit:
    http: // aerize.com/blackberry/ software/loader/pdf
    05-19-09 04:43 PM
    ... If you go to http: // aerize. c_o_m you will find the app called Aerize Card Loader. I have this installed on my BlackBerry Storm and have 30mb of memory and run 15-20 mb of ram. I also run 31 apps from Aerize Card Loader. I want you to know that EVERYTHING that you downlaod from BlackBerry App world will not install to the memory card. I know that all crackberry apps will download to the memory card. In order to get some to install to the memory card you will need to do a soft reset. You can load everything from Weather Bug, QUICKPULLv2, streaming radio, and themes to your card. Research is the key to intelligent though. If you have any question, then hit me up! Also I run OS4.5.0.122.

The BlackBerry contains only a limited amount of flash memory for holding themes, applications, and media. Fortunately all of the most recent BlackBerry devices also feature a MicroSD card port -- but, they still lack the ability to transfer programs to the main memory from the SD card as you might expect to be able to do.

Aerize Card Loader lets you do this. Here's how to manage your memory with Card Loader:

Download programs to the media card,
    Load the application to the device when desired,
    Unload the application when you're done with it.

And that's it! The real convenience lies in not needing a desktop computer to install or remove applications -- Card Loader takes care of it for you. Card Loader will add a "Save to SD card" option when you're installing OTA. Similarly, you can still use USB mass storage mode or a SD card reader in your desktop computer to transfer the .cod application files you need to the SD card. Once they're on the card, feel free to install and uninstall as you wish. Only the programs actually installed to the BlackBerry's device flash memory will consume space -- otherwise, they'll exist only on the SD card.

Frequently asked questions:

Q. How does Card Loader run programs from the SD card?
    A. Running programs must be installed on the device's flash memory. Card Loader makes it very quick and easy to install from the SD card to memory without needing to plug into a computer. Then when you're done, you can conserve your device memory by removing the application.

Q. How can I move a program installed before Card Loader to the SD card?
    A. Due to device limitations, Card Loader can only install programs that were either:
    Downloaded OTA with the "Save to SD card" option checked
    Installed on the SD card from a computer
    So, the easiest way is to just download it again and select the "Save to SD card" checkbox. Then Card Loader will have a copy on the SD card that it can use for installing or reinstalling.

For the complete Card Loader manual, visit:
    http: // aerize.com/blackberry/ software/loader/pdf
    I read it just fine. The OP wanted to "store" them on a memory card. Who in the world wants to go through all that BS to simply run an app? That's why I never recommend that program because it's full of nothing and confusion. It's a terrible program.
    05-19-09 04:48 PM
    Have you tried storing your text messages to the SD card? See if that helps prevent them getting deleted...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-19-09 08:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD