I haven't even had my Storm for a week yet and I've already uploaded the new .109 OS. Recently I discovered the App. Memory thing and reading about the leaks and what not. This somewhat caused me to freak out and delete and compress all sorts of things, well me being a noob did something, not clue what, and my BB just totally froze. Luckily I was smart enough to backup before I DL the new OS. After it froze I went ahead and uploaded the backup and everything is backed to working well, except for Weatherbug, it didn't work at all so I uninstalled it and will be reinstalling it here shortly.

Now after all that my main question is how worried do I have to be about the App Memory? Is it really a big thing or just a bunch of people freaking out cause it says 'memory'? Sorry ahead of time if this is a stupid noob question
    02-25-09 01:44 PM
    I used to be a memory freak when i had my 8100 and 8320. Now with the 9530 and 8900 I try not to bother. (Hard habit to break out of) once the device is running smoothly don't stress yourself out over app memory.
    02-25-09 01:51 PM
    Re-installed Weatherbug. It's whats making my BB freeze. WTH??!!
    02-25-09 02:08 PM
    With early consumer models, managing memory was critical to a smooth running device.

The Storm has plenty of memory, but the same principals apply. Enjoy the samples, then get rid of them. You can put the memory to far better use.

Enjoy.
    02-25-09 02:19 PM
    I figured out the weatherbug, I had to reinstall BBMaps. OMG, I've only had my Storm for 4days and already I'm an addict. Even my boyfriend mentioned it today and he's the one that wanted it soo bad. LOL
    02-25-09 02:22 PM
    Glad you're enjoying it and welcome to the addiction. As Reed said, the newer phones don't have as many memory issues as the older models, but a little management still goes a long way.

On my Bold I installed nearly 40 applications at the same time just to see if I could force a problem. No such luck, which in this case, is a good thing.
    02-25-09 04:14 PM
    I used to freak a little, too. But I figure, if the device is running smooth, why worry... I do make sure I properly close all open applications, but that's about it.
    02-25-09 05:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD