One Apple product is enough. Only zombies and sheep buy-in-to the whole thing, Apple computer + phone + tablet = insanity
    insanity is buying a Playbook or trying to sync a BB with google contacts via BIS. Going all Apple is a sensible approach given how well their stuff works together.
    11-11-11 04:03 PM
    Apple makes a great product, I know, I have the Mac mini; it's a great little unit.

It's the Apple way or..............also, the 'cute factor' with many apps is distasteful.

BlackBerry and Apple are good together. BlackBerry is a smart product. My Torch 9800 + playbook combo is superb. If the playbook didn't exist I would not own a tablet computer.

One Apple product is enough. Only zombies and sheep buy-in-to the whole thing, Apple computer + phone + tablet = insanity
    I have a MacBook Pro, an iPhone 4S, and Apple TV2. Had it not been for a burglary you could add an iPad 2 to the list.

Part of the reason I got a PlayToy 16gb to replace the stolen iPad was to test the "brainwashed" theory and to see if I was missing anything.

I wasn't. The more Apple stuff you have, the better the whole experience is. They're proven technological geniuses who I trust with my money over a decade of experience with them.
    11-11-11 04:35 PM
    I wish my father would switch to a Mac, then I wouldn't have to deal with his crappy Windows machines when I visit. I think a Mac would be worth the extra cost for him.

iPhones aren't much more expensive than other smartphones and the iPad seems competitively priced to me. Even with Macs, some are very reasonably priced like the Mac Book Air. The only absurdly over priced Mac is the Pro tower system.

You are right about the chargers being proprietary, but if all your devices are Apple it probably doesn't matter.
    so you're comparing your computer to a computer i bet your dad barely upgrades and probably running vista or xp hey ? lol , funny child , know the difference between a mac and windows os and what you pay of . i guess its nice you have a dual core macbook that i know you paid close 2000 for , and i got a a550 i5 and a qosmio i7 x500 for just a little more than you paid OUCH !
    11-11-11 10:26 PM
    so you're comparing your computer to a computer i bet your dad barely upgrades and probably running vista or xp hey ? lol , funny child , know the difference between a mac and windows os and what you pay of . i guess its nice you have a dual core macbook that i know you paid close 2000 for , and i got a a550 i5 and a qosmio i7 x500 for just a little more than you paid OUCH !
    I'm still rocking my northwood. It's getting a gift of the fastest most compatible 3.06 GHz P4 chip I could find for it from ebay. $21 for it, damn, the speed difference will be big from 1.8 GHz. I only paid $40 for the compaq evo 3.5 years ago (was second-hand).

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-11-11 10:30 PM
    I'm still rocking my northwood. It's getting a gift of the fastest most compatible 3.06 GHz P4 chip I could find for it from ebay. $21 for it, damn, the speed difference will be big from 1.8 GHz. I only paid $40 for the compaq evo 3.5 years ago (was second-hand).

i actually don't mind who has whatever computer , i'm just saying for tech specs for him to understand that not everything apple is great , it depends on the users and what they use it for , from internet surf , to data processing , to graphics design or gaming . each computer is for the user in mind , not for some child to complain about what computer his family has .
    11-11-11 11:39 PM
    i actually don't mind who has whatever computer , i'm just saying for tech specs for him to understand that not everything apple is great , it depends on the users and what they use it for , from internet surf , to data processing , to graphics design or gaming . each computer is for the user in mind , not for some child to complain about what computer his family has .
    Agreed. I usually say "to each his/her own".

11-11-11 11:42 PM
    yah i just notice cause sometimes i just want to know if i can notice a trend in real life that reflects the market...
    12-01-11 05:09 AM
    Good point. RIM isn't losing share to the iPhone; they're losing it to Android. RIM's slide almost perfectly dovetails with Android's surge.
    They just lost multiple devices from my company and me. I just bought iPhone 4S models. Really nice.

The OP is right. The devastation for RIM has not occurred yet. iPhone 4S and probably some android devices are going to bring that devastation soon. It is sad. I loved RIM and was super loyal but in the end I am not going to wait another year for more half baked products filled with empty promises.

It is almost 2012 and if the world is going to end I want to record it in 1080P and FaceTime someone about it.
    12-01-11 03:49 PM
    Apple makes a great product, I know, I have the Mac mini; it's a great little unit.

It's the Apple way or..............also, the 'cute factor' with many apps is distasteful.

BlackBerry and Apple are good together. BlackBerry is a smart product. My Torch 9800 + playbook combo is superb. If the playbook didn't exist I would not own a tablet computer.

Nice job on bashing an entire user base.
    12-01-11 04:08 PM
    Why can't Apple have the decency to have a private back room for BB users to use to transfer their contacts. That way, no more embarrassing encounters like this and BB users could switch without the embarrassment of being seen doing so.
    12-01-11 04:20 PM
    People upgrading to a new Blackberry would NOT need to go to the Apple store to
    transfer their contacts..............
    Read what you wrote in response, the OP said he saw 3-4 people transfering BB contacts to new iPhone 4s not the other way around as you wrote, you wrote that they would not need to go to an Apple store to transfer contacts to a new BB...Once again they were doing the opposite so make sure you get your comments correct.

Me, I will stay with my 9930 and stay out of it.
    12-01-11 06:20 PM
    No, I don't mean people buying an iPhone. I mean, the ones staying with BlackBerry won't be in the Apple store.
    I commented to you about your first post that you got wrong so i am glad you clarrified your misleading comment.
    12-01-11 06:24 PM
    I spent some time helping my dad with his new iP4s after work today. I was really impressed with iTunes. I have no experience with it prior to today. Using iTunes, all his device info, pics, app and settings were transferred to his new phone from the 3gs. He didn't have to go into each app and enter a PiN to reactivate them.

He even restored all his screen settings from his old device to new using iTunes. It was super easy, quick and complete.

His phone was up and running in like 20 minutes. All settings complete.

Setting up a new BB isn't as smooth and you can't restore apps and device settings. Wish RIM would work on that.
    I used itunes for a long time for my music because I have an ipod but you are right, You cannot beat the fluidness of tranferring info from one iPhone to another using itunes.
    12-01-11 06:27 PM
    But the post you quoted was about people moving from BBs to the iPhone 4S, so it makes zero sense.
    Phil...LOL I made the same comment right away when I read it also, then she corrected herself a few posts down.
    12-01-11 06:30 PM
    iPhone 5 will be a spec upgrade because they don't know what else to do with it.
    5 generations of 'the brick' is getting old
    12-01-11 06:46 PM
    iPhone 5 will be a spec upgrade because they don't know what else to do with it.
    5 generations of 'the brick' is getting old
    that will be the most functional brick the world has ever seen then.
    GingerSnapsBack and avt123 like this.
    12-01-11 06:51 PM
    I don't see where any of this device swapping reflects the futur of Rim. Just because you see somebody try something new doesn't mean their going to like it and keep using it. You know people break down and want to see what all the hype is about. How many times you hear of people going back to the brand they come from?
    I see people pick up the ipones and play w/ the apps for a month or so then the appeal tarnishes and its no big deal. What apple has been competeing against is making the ipone useable. Meaning commuications. The ip4 is much better than the prior versions but still needs some work. My wife swapped to the ip4s from ip4 day it came out. Sitting across from each other in a restaraunt I'll get my email before she'll get hers. Its a email sent to booth of us from the school at the same time or it'll be from a bill we just paid or something like that. Point is the email is the same and sent at same time and I get mine stat. Its only a few times now but I have a signal when she doesn't. Never has she had service and I didn't. Apple has really picked up the receiving on the ipone. The world still has a place for BlackBerrys. BlackBerrys can only get better.
    llllBULLSEYE and Jake Storm like this.
    12-01-11 08:12 PM
    13echo4 This is what people forget the #1 reason a phone should get
    reviewed by. So sad people get sucked into these ipod-phones.
    My 2 sisters have the iphone4 and yes they love their phone to death.
    A little annoying, but still all they do is complain about the dam AT&T service about drop calls and bad reception. Had their iphones swapped more than 2x. and yet I never had a single Drop call or any call complain with
    my Blackberry ever.....
    I always tell them keep playing with their apps and I ll keep enjoying my conversations on the BB
    12-01-11 11:01 PM
68 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD