lots of friends decided to move to an iPhone after blackberry's service problem, I own a 9780 and moving to an iPhone doesn't sound bad at all...
    Just do it, you won't regret it and you won't look back.
    11-09-11 08:59 PM
    People upgrading to a new Blackberry would NOT need to go to the Apple store to
    transfer their contacts..............
    Apple wouldn't do it anyway. It is easy enough to transfer contacts from a BB to iPhone or iPhone to BB if you know what you are doing. Most people apparently don't.
    11-09-11 09:55 PM
    To justify owning an iPhone you need to be willing to be locked into their eco-system. This comes at a high price, both dollar wise and freedom wise. Everything with Apple is proprietary, from connectors to chargers. My mom by an Apple computer, heard it was the cat's meow, now she can't wait for something new.
    I wish my father would switch to a Mac, then I wouldn't have to deal with his crappy Windows machines when I visit. I think a Mac would be worth the extra cost for him.

iPhones aren't much more expensive than other smartphones and the iPad seems competitively priced to me. Even with Macs, some are very reasonably priced like the Mac Book Air. The only absurdly over priced Mac is the Pro tower system.

You are right about the chargers being proprietary, but if all your devices are Apple it probably doesn't matter.
    11-09-11 10:02 PM
    You can restore apps all through app world. It took me about 30 mins to transfer everything over from my 9810 to my 9900 and then my wifes 9800 to the 9810. DM device transfer works wonders
    It is easier and faster with iTunes. I agree iTunes has its flaws, but when it comes to syncing, I prefer the outline of iTunes over DM.
    11-09-11 10:15 PM
    No company is better than another. They all have their Advantages/Strengths & Disadvantages/Weaknesses. You can argue with me about stats etc. But I honestly don't care..

It is also all about personal preference of what you like.

I switch phones all the time. I get the newest thing all the time. I switch from Apple to Blackberry, Blackberry to Apple, etc. I do it because I love what both company's have to offer. So I came up with a plan. Use a Blackberry as my phone and buy an iPad 2 so I can play all my games etc. See how simple and smart that is? The best of both worlds.

Bashing will get you nowhere and it really just proves how ignorant you are (don't get crazy because I spoke the truth). It really doesn't matter what someone else has.. It's not even something you should be concerned about; focus on your own life. I also know that it sounds contradicting because we all talk about one another, etc. But at-least I know that I do have issues and things in my life that I should be judging (which I do), and not be so quick to judge others.

Anyways.. to get back on-topic. As alot of people have said that you go to an Apple store to get an Apple product; they are correct.

11-09-11 10:24 PM
    I wish my father would switch to a Mac, then I wouldn't have to deal with his crappy Windows machines when I visit. I think a Mac would be worth the extra cost for him.

iPhones aren't much more expensive than other smartphones and the iPad seems competitively priced to me. Even with Macs, some are very reasonably priced like the Mac Book Air. The only absurdly over priced Mac is the Pro tower system.

You are right about the chargers being proprietary, but if all your devices are Apple it probably doesn't matter.
    If they're fast enough (dual or quad core), then put Ubuntu on them, next thing, virtualbox. Have windows setup inside it, then if something malwarish happens, just have a copy of the VM's disk image handy to overwrite it. I'm nearing to that point to manage my blackberry, I did with my brother's iphone so he could sync it.

If all they're using is itunes (within Virtualbox), web surfing (with firefox, chromium/chrome, or opera) and flash games with outlook (there's where Evolution Mail comes to the rescue, or Mozilla Thunderbird), then it'll be a breeze. Instant messaging, there's empathy or Pidgin, or Kopete for voice/video.

I know it's not an easy task to switch them, but it would save from hours of slow systems and cleaning up/removing malware.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-09-11 10:24 PM
    No company is better than another. They all have their Advantages/Strengths & Disadvantages/Weaknesses. You can argue with me about stats etc. But I honestly don't care..

It is also all about personal preference of what you like.

I switch phones all the time. I get the newest thing all the time. I switch from Apple to Blackberry, Blackberry to Apple, etc. I do it because I love what both company's have to offer. So I came up with a plan. Use a Blackberry as my phone and buy an iPad 2 so I can play all my games etc. See how simple and smart that is? The best of both worlds.

Bashing will get you nowhere and it really just proves how uneducated you are (don't get crazy because I spoke the truth). It really doesn't matter what someone else has.. It's not even something you should be concerned about; focus on your own life. I also know that it sounds contradicting because we all talk about one another, etc. But at-least I know that I do have issues and things in my life that I should be judging (which I do), and not be so quick to judge others.

Anyways.. to get back on-topic. As alot of people have said that you go to an Apple store to get an Apple product; they are correct.

A majority of the time, there are large numbers of web surfers. I even saw 9 using portable �Torrent.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    JeremiahND likes this.
    11-09-11 10:26 PM
    I was doing that for about 18 months. I wasn't using my iPad for games but it did fill in a few holes in my BB's abilities. iCloud & iMessage made an iPhone much more attractive to me, perticularly given how poorly my BB was syncing with the Google cloud.
    11-10-11 10:09 AM
    I was doing that for about 18 months. I wasn't using my iPad for games but it did fill in a few holes in my BB's abilities. iCloud & iMessage made an iPhone much more attractive to me, perticularly given how poorly my BB was syncing with the Google cloud.
    Honestly, My iPhone did everything the best.. But I did want to go back to BBM and a physical keyboard.

But my iPad does fill everything I need so I am alright. I enjoy the huge screen and everything else that my iPhone had.
    11-10-11 10:19 AM
    Just do it, you won't regret it and you won't look back.

Of course, that would depend on what he wants and likes in a phone.

I'll admit that I never had an iphone 4, but I did switch over to the iphone 3gs for a year. iPhones have a lot of great things going for them, but I just missed out on the organization and personalization of the BB. So my iphone is now an ipod touch. I tried to go back to the iphone just to see how it would feel, but I didn't even last a week because there were options missing that I really love.

So, I did regret leaving and spending that money. Not everyone will be all out for the iphone. BUT that's just me. "To each his own" is a great quote for the phone situation!
    11-10-11 01:22 PM
    I spent some time helping my dad with his new iP4s after work today. I was really impressed with iTunes. I have no experience with it prior to today. Using iTunes, all his device info, pics, app and settings were transferred to his new phone from the 3gs. He didn't have to go into each app and enter a PiN to reactivate them.

He even restored all his screen settings from his old device to new using iTunes. It was super easy, quick and complete.

His phone was up and running in like 20 minutes. All settings complete.

Setting up a new BB isn't as smooth and you can't restore apps and device settings. Wish RIM would work on that.
    While not automatic, I was able to reinstall compatible apps through App World on my Torch 9850 (had a Storm 9530). I'm actually on my 3rd Torch due to the Red LED of Death, and all my settings that I had did transfer over.

In regards to OS updates, I've found the process to be faster and with less issues when updating my BlackBerries compared to my wife's iPhones. I may have just had bad luck with the iPhone updates (part way through not recognizing the device via USB, taking really long to restore apps/settings), but that's my experience. I've updated my BlackBerries much more often and it's always been quick and easy for me, and that does restore all my apps and settings too.

I would think going forward new BB upgrades will continue to be easy like an OS update, but since my next device will be BBX, it'll probably not have much in the way of transferring settings (and no apps).
    11-10-11 03:19 PM
    People didn't flock to the Verizon iPhone 4 because people decided to wait for the iPhone 5. Now that the 4S is out, I think people are starting to jump ship to the iPhone.
    Verizon guy I spoke with at a store near my work in Memphis said they sold over 600 iPhone4Ss in under a few hours. I doubt they sell that many BBs in a few months.

People upgrading to a new Blackberry would NOT need to go to the Apple store to
    transfer their contacts..............
    Actually, I did. It was just easier for me to have someone else do it than look it up myself. I came from a dumb phone to a BB and was clueless at first on how to do anything with it other than make calls and even then, it was a struggle. I couldn't get my BB to sync with Outlook to xfer my contacts to my computer so I could sync them to my iPhone, so I went to Verizon and had them do it. Lord knows I pay them enough every month.
    11-10-11 03:34 PM
    i think in NA you'll see the BB to iphone shift more..

just look at the story about the BB's use in Indonesia....

46% marketshare? 42/52 people in a random restaurant had BB's...

and i still see more BB's in Toronto then iphones when i am out and about... cause i do pay attention to what people are using..

my vball team has 8 people on it.. 7 have BB... 1 has an ip4

group of friends yesterday ... 6 of us.. 4 had BBs, 1 ip4, 1 samsung infuse

in the elevator this morning at home.. 4 people.. 2 BB, 2 iphones

burrito boyz restaurant yesterday ... out of the 8 people there i saw 3 BB, 2 iphones, and the other 3 were unknown..

You will still see an abnormally high amounts of BBs simply because certain companies only have BBs. As more and more companies allow people to use iPhones (and many people at our company do want to use one), you will see less BBs by the very fact that people will now have a choice.

In general people want to try new stuff. This is why you saw a shift from BB to iPhones, and from iPhones to Android. For the time being, RIM is going to take a hit simply because they are perceived to be behind in terms of hardware and software. Eventually they'll do better. Eventually.
    11-10-11 04:39 PM
    I'm on my 9780 and i was considering on picking up a bold 9900 next year but with the issues i've been reading i decided to pause the plan and maybe start considering the iPhone 5 if the BBX still does not work for me. Love the bb for its keyboard though
    11-10-11 07:05 PM
    Apple makes a great product, I know, I have the Mac mini; it's a great little unit.

It's the Apple way or..............also, the 'cute factor' with many apps is distasteful.

BlackBerry and Apple are good together. BlackBerry is a smart product. My Torch 9800 + playbook combo is superb. If the playbook didn't exist I would not own a tablet computer.

One Apple product is enough. Only zombies and sheep buy-in-to the whole thing, Apple computer + phone + tablet = insanity
    Last edited by anthogag; 11-10-11 at 09:36 PM.
    tkwolf and MarketRide like this.
    11-10-11 09:07 PM
    Old BB to new iPhone. Yeah I can see it. Now if you said there were 10 people transferring contacts from their 9930's and 9900's, then I'd take notice.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    11-10-11 09:21 PM
    After 4 weeks with their iPhone they will miss their Blackberry
    11-11-11 06:56 AM
    The new BlackBerry OS7 devices are a huge step up from their last versions. I wouldn't actually mind using one. With that said, I doubt I'd consider a BB at this point over iPhone, Android and Windows Phone.

They still have a long way to go with app support.
    11-11-11 07:06 AM
    Good thing Iphones never have problems: :-)

IPhone Battery Problem not solved
    Last Updated: November 11, 2011 1:10 p.m. Info
    LONDON - The mobile operating system update iOS that the battery had to resolve problems of iPhones, not all users have the desired effect.
    Photo: AFP

IOS 5.0.1 was rolled out Thursday containing a solution to the battery problem that surfaced was iOS 5. The battery of some iPhones were suddenly empty significantly faster than for the update.

Version 5.0.1 had this problem, but the board of Apple customers continue to complain about problems, even after the update. Some customers have reported the situation is worsened.

The update was a leak was discovered poem by hacker Charlie Miller. This flaw could malware apps in the App Store when placed normally filtered by software selection.

Besides not having:

BlackBerry Messenger.
    Bridge Functionality with their Tablet.
    Corporate Email Functionality like BES
    A decent keyboard.
    And most important SECURITY.

I would run to the store to get an Iphone as soon as possible.

:-)
    11-11-11 07:06 AM
    Good thing Iphones never have problems: :-)

IPhone Battery Problem not solved
    I've never had the battery problem a lot of people have. There's one thing that needs to be turned off and that may be the reason why I've never had that problem. After I activated my iPh4s, I turned that time zone off. Battery lasts about as long as my S2 does. Maybe even better. I stream music all day on my phones. With my S2 I was dead before lunch. With my iPhone, I can make it until 3PM before I have to power up again.

As for the keyboard comment, I am one of the few who can't stand BB's keyboards. The keys are too crammed together and I can't type on them. That's why I got the S2. Easier to type on.
    moiselles likes this.
    11-11-11 08:32 AM
    After 4 weeks with their iPhone they will miss their Blackberry
    Nope, still loving my iPhone.
    11-11-11 09:04 AM
    I don't think is that huge of an Issue, because people will be going going from Apple to RIM as well, granted Iphone does have a larger portion of the market, There is still room for RIM in the market. RIM just needs to step its sales up!
    11-11-11 09:17 AM
    iPhone, Android, and WP7 are all good choices, it is a shame to see RIM struggle in a segment that they created.
    Agreed. If they had recognized the challenge instead of sitting back and deriding the competition as mere toy-makers, they might still be a strong company.
    11-11-11 01:37 PM
    As for the keyboard comment, I am one of the few who can't stand BB's keyboards. The keys are too crammed together and I can't type on them. That's why I got the S2. Easier to type on.
    I never could either. I had a Storm 2 as well. But I have to say the wide keyboard on the Bold just works. Now if I was savvy on the quick-key strokes....
    11-11-11 01:43 PM
    Hah, she liked her Storm 2 before I bought her an iPhone, but she's the type of person that is better off with an iPhone. If they had a high quality Pearl again she would maybe consider it, but she doesn't like the bigger BBs.
    So she got a huge iPhone? LOL Curves are pretty small. Most phone you can get in that formfactor IMHO.
    11-11-11 02:55 PM
68 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD