Now, I am not here to bash RIM or BB, I love my BlackBerry 9930 more than any other device I have ever owned.

I was in an Apple store yesterday to get my wife's iPhone 4 replaced (faulty home button) and while we were setting up the new one, there were 3 or 4 people transferring contacts from an old BB to a new iPhone 4S. I'm starting to think this is the big hit RIM has been avoiding. People didn't flock to the Verizon iPhone 4 because people decided to wait for the iPhone 5. Now that the 4S is out, I think people are starting to jump ship to the iPhone.
    11-09-11 01:25 PM
    You should trade your wife's iPhone in for a BlackBerry.
    bdguru and Jake2826 like this.
    11-09-11 01:31 PM
    You should trade your wife's iPhone in for a BlackBerry.
    Hah, she liked her Storm 2 before I bought her an iPhone, but she's the type of person that is better off with an iPhone. If they had a high quality Pearl again she would maybe consider it, but she doesn't like the bigger BBs.
    11-09-11 01:32 PM
    Now, I am not here to bash RIM or BB, I love my BlackBerry 9930 more than any other device I have ever owned.

I was in an Apple store yesterday to get my wife's iPhone 4 replaced (faulty home button) and while we were setting up the new one, there were 3 or 4 people transferring contacts from an old BB to a new iPhone 4S. I'm starting to think this is the big hit RIM has been avoiding. People didn't flock to the Verizon iPhone 4 because people decided to wait for the iPhone 5. Now that the 4S is out, I think people are starting to jump ship to the iPhone.
    iPhone has PROBLEMS???
    I was in a BB store ( in India we HAVE BB stores) and I saw 5 iPhone users getting their contacts transferred to their brand new BBs. Their complaint: crappy battery life (Indians do not use Land lines and have huge talk times on Cell Phones)
    The Churn is normal, you will always see some churn from one platform to another...
    Jake Storm and Foppa_21 like this.
    11-09-11 01:37 PM
    Not everyone is going to be a BB fan. Just like not everyone is going to be an iPhone fan (It's unlikey I'll ever by an iPhone after my itune experience). To justify owning an iPhone you need to be willing to be locked into their eco-system. This comes at a high price, both dollar wise and freedom wise. Everything with Apple is proprietary, from connectors to chargers. My mom by an Apple computer, heard it was the cat's meow, now she can't wait for something new.

So three people, nothing to worry about, per sam's comments above, people move through cycles. The average consumer does not visit sites like this. Just be grateful we have choice and there are many good choices out their - it forces everyone's game to get better.
    11-09-11 02:20 PM
    i think in NA you'll see the BB to iphone shift more..

just look at the story about the BB's use in Indonesia....

46% marketshare? 42/52 people in a random restaurant had BB's...

and i still see more BB's in Toronto then iphones when i am out and about... cause i do pay attention to what people are using..

my vball team has 8 people on it.. 7 have BB... 1 has an ip4

group of friends yesterday ... 6 of us.. 4 had BBs, 1 ip4, 1 samsung infuse

in the elevator this morning at home.. 4 people.. 2 BB, 2 iphones

burrito boyz restaurant yesterday ... out of the 8 people there i saw 3 BB, 2 iphones, and the other 3 were unknown..
    11-09-11 02:41 PM
    And my buddy with an IP4 is annoyed with the 4S and getting a Galaxy Nexus. Must be a trend.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-09-11 02:45 PM
    i think in NA you'll see the BB to iphone shift more..

just look at the story about the BB's use in Indonesia....

46% marketshare? 42/52 people in a random restaurant had BB's...

and i still see more BB's in Toronto then iphones when i am out and about... cause i do pay attention to what people are using..

my vball team has 8 people on it.. 7 have BB... 1 has an ip4

group of friends yesterday ... 6 of us.. 4 had BBs, 1 ip4, 1 samsung infuse

in the elevator this morning at home.. 4 people.. 2 BB, 2 iphones

burrito boyz restaurant yesterday ... out of the 8 people there i saw 3 BB, 2 iphones, and the other 3 were unknown..
    Wow, your observant!
    11-09-11 02:48 PM
    Wow, your observant!
    haha... yah i just notice cause sometimes i just want to know if i can notice a trend in real life that reflects the market...

plus i am in the industry
    Last edited by knowledge_6; 11-09-11 at 03:01 PM.
    11-09-11 02:56 PM
    Obviously they don't know about the new BB that are a lot better then the old ones. Hard to see business people that need to type lots of emails out on a phone doing it as consistant on an iphone then a BB, even the older ones are better. Personally I wouldn't want an iphone just for that reason, everything I would want an iphone for I'd rather just have an ipad anyway but would rather go Playbook to pair with my BB.

Regardless I think you'll see people come back to BB after they find out the new phones are awesome and get over typing on glass all the time.

I don't get the iphone deal, even if bew BB didn't exist I'd still rather have a Bold 9000 or Bold 9700 then an iphone, maybe it's just me though.

11-09-11 02:57 PM
    Obviously they don't know about the new BB that are a lot better then the old ones. Hard to see business people that need to type lots of emails out on a phone doing it as consistant on an iphone then a BB, even the older ones are better. Personally I wouldn't want an iphone just for that reason, everything I would want an iphone for I'd rather just have an ipad anyway but would rather go Playbook to pair with my BB.

Regardless I think you'll see people come back to BB after they find out the new phones are awesome and get over typing on glass all the time.

I don't get the iphone deal, even if bew BB didn't exist I'd still rather have a Bold 9000 or Bold 9700 then an iphone, maybe it's just me though.

you can't forget that iphones and androids have a much more appealing UI to their apps etc...

that's one thing i get envious of... is the UI layout of some of the apps...
    11-09-11 03:02 PM
    I actually think WP leads in best looking App UI, but that doesn't seem to mean much. :/ I go back and forth with BB vs iOS Apps. Some I prefer on BB and a few on iOS. I don't like iOS in general though. I don't have enough Android experience to have input.

11-09-11 03:07 PM
    iPhone, Android, and WP7 are all good choices, it is a shame to see RIM struggle in a segment that they created.
    OniBerry and rdkempt like this.
    11-09-11 06:28 PM

People upgrading to a new Blackberry would NOT need to go to the Apple store to
    transfer their contacts..............
    maddie1128 likes this.
    11-09-11 07:16 PM
    Actually they might. Im very tech savvy and it took me some online searching to figure out how to move my stuff over. Many people don't bother searching when they have Apple stores readily available to help.
    11-09-11 07:23 PM
    Actually they might. Im very tech savvy and it took me some online searching to figure out how to move my stuff over. Many people don't bother searching when they have Apple stores readily available to help.
    No, I don't mean people buying an iPhone. I mean, the ones staying with BlackBerry won't be in the Apple store.
    11-09-11 07:25 PM
    lots of friends decided to move to an iPhone after blackberry's service problem, I own a 9780 and moving to an iPhone doesn't sound bad at all...
    11-09-11 07:47 PM
    I don't think you can really see a "trend" of which phones are used more, simply by looking at your friends. Because in that case, most people I know have iPhones, in fact, there is a group of friends of mine, who ALL have iPhones. Then my Italian friends most have Android, few few BBs and like one or two iPhones. So, as far as I am concerned, iPhone is what EVERYONE has if I were to judge from my friends. But even then, I can't say for sure since those are the people I know, not everyone.

The only people who I know who are/were BB faithfuls are nightclub industry people. And even then, many are moving from BBs to either iPhones or Android or in may cases have both.
    11-09-11 08:07 PM
    I spent some time helping my dad with his new iP4s after work today. I was really impressed with iTunes. I have no experience with it prior to today. Using iTunes, all his device info, pics, app and settings were transferred to his new phone from the 3gs. He didn't have to go into each app and enter a PiN to reactivate them.

He even restored all his screen settings from his old device to new using iTunes. It was super easy, quick and complete.

His phone was up and running in like 20 minutes. All settings complete.

Setting up a new BB isn't as smooth and you can't restore apps and device settings. Wish RIM would work on that.
    11-09-11 08:16 PM
    iPhone has PROBLEMS???
    I was in a BB store ( in India we HAVE BB stores) and I saw 5 iPhone users getting their contacts transferred to their brand new BBs. Their complaint: crappy battery life (Indians do not use Land lines and have huge talk times on Cell Phones)
    The Churn is normal, you will always see some churn from one platform to another...
    Good point. RIM isn't losing share to the iPhone; they're losing it to Android. RIM's slide almost perfectly dovetails with Android's surge.
    11-09-11 08:17 PM
    No, I don't mean people buying an iPhone. I mean, the ones staying with BlackBerry won't be in the Apple store.
    But the post you quoted was about people moving from BBs to the iPhone 4S, so it makes zero sense.
    11-09-11 08:22 PM
    Wow, your observant!
    I was thinking the same after reading that post and I will admit, I tend to notice who's using what nowadays as well, just not that closely apparently.
    11-09-11 08:30 PM
    But the post you quoted was about people moving from BBs to the iPhone 4S, so it makes zero sense.
    You completely missed his point. You were in an iphone store. That is what you will see there - people who are switching to iphones. People who are switching to BB's won't be there, so you did not have a good sampling. Not my point, btw - just clarifying TequilaAddict's point for you.
    Jake Storm likes this.
    11-09-11 08:51 PM
    If they have their contacts on their SIM cards which many do then they would go if they don't know how to do it.
    11-09-11 08:55 PM
    I spent some time helping my dad with his new iP4s after work today. I was really impressed with iTunes. I have no experience with it prior to today. Using iTunes, all his device info, pics, app and settings were transferred to his new phone from the 3gs. He didn't have to go into each app and enter a PiN to reactivate them.

He even restored all his screen settings from his old device to new using iTunes. It was super easy, quick and complete.

His phone was up and running in like 20 minutes. All settings complete.

Setting up a new BB isn't as smooth and you can't restore apps and device settings. Wish RIM would work on that.
    You can restore apps all through app world. It took me about 30 mins to transfer everything over from my 9810 to my 9900 and then my wifes 9800 to the 9810. DM device transfer works wonders
    11-09-11 08:57 PM
68 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD