Apparently Apple is dominating business adoption by a massive margin. The competition doesn't even come close. They account for 72%, 90%, and 95% of adoption rates in mobile devices, tablets, and apps respectively. In the charts and the article, BlackBerry isn't even mentioned.

So what does that mean for BlackBerry?

You can see my source here in case I'm interpreting it wrong.

Good: Apple leads business adoption with 72% mobile devices, 90% of tablets, 95% of apps
    06-29-14 11:51 AM
    This article is almost 8 months old though

Posted via CB10
    06-29-14 11:55 AM
    This article is almost 8 months old though

Posted via CB10
    So it's probably even more now.

Everything I say is my OPINION and is based on my experiences and what I have learned. It is not meant to attack but to drive meaningful conversation. Let's all be civil!
    06-29-14 11:56 AM
    So it's probably even more now.

Everything I say is my OPINION and is based on my experiences and what I have learned. It is not meant to attack but to drive meaningful conversation. Let's all be civil!
    Proof?

Posted via CB10
    06-29-14 12:18 PM
    Apple is seriously amping up their enterprise support. It was only a brief slide shot at WWDC 2014 but vastly more support listed than at WWDC only a year earlier.
    06-29-14 01:04 PM
    This is a report from Good Technology. Think there might be some selection bias there? Let's see - a company that uses BB10 devices is going to use something other than BES to manage them?

It's too bad this article is getting press.

Posted via CB10
    06-29-14 01:13 PM
    Where oh where is that IPOooooooooooo

Oh and Good doesn't support bb10 so of course bb10 would not even show up in these 'stats' (only includes those using Good MDM solution)

Posted via CB10
    06-29-14 01:23 PM
    Proof?

Posted via CB10
    You really need proof? Talk to people, read, look around. It's all I've got but pretty convincing.

06-29-14 01:48 PM
    You really need proof? Talk to people, read, look around. It's all I've got but pretty convincing.

How can an article based on Good (not supporting any BlackBerry) be used as an indication that it's probably even more so now?

Posted via CB10
    06-29-14 01:52 PM
    How can an article based on Good (not supporting any BlackBerry) be used as an indication that it's probably even more so now?

Posted via CB10
    I didn't mention that article, I'm making my own assumption based on real life. It may be wrong but I doubt it. Look at the trends.

06-29-14 01:56 PM
    It's hardly a secret that the iPad was the device that pushed Apple into the Enterprise. Enterprises were able to push back on iPhone support in most companies by supplying a company-issued phone, but there was no corporate alternative to the iPad, and with even senior executives bringing them to work and demanding they be put on the corporate network, companies finally gave in and started adopting BYOD and supporting iPads. And of course, if you can support an iPad, you can support an iPhone, so employee demand, along with the rigid standardization that Apple provides, made it a no-brainer for medium and large companies, and even enterprises, to adopt.

I say this as an Android user who is familiar with all platforms (my "day job" is repairing mobile devices): Apple has a massive lead in business that Android is only recently starting to close, much like things were in the consumer market in 2009 when Apple owned the consumer market and Android was just starting to become popular. And I predict it will take Android longer to displace the iPad than it took to displace the iPhone.

Apple's ecosystem is tough to compete with, even for Android.
    06-29-14 05:46 PM
    Yes BlackBerry is dead, all hail Android and IOS they are far superior than anything BlackBerry has every brought out and ever will. We all will now ask for and observe a moment of silence
    Rant over
    Posted via CB10
    Last edited by crackbrry fan; 06-29-14 at 11:05 PM.
    06-29-14 10:32 PM
    Yes BlackBerry is dead, all hail Android and IOS they are far superior than anything BlackBerry has every brought out and ever will. We all will now ask for and observe a moment of silence
    Rant over
    Posted via CB10
    Hope you feel better. 😉

06-30-14 05:08 AM
    No one said blackberry is dead, just that it will be a very difficult road. I think the last couple of years have proven that. All that we as consumers can do is sit back and watch.

06-30-14 05:10 AM
    The problem is I don't see what Blackberry has left to offer enterprise. It's not like businesses weren't having their Windows machines hacked left and right already so most enterprise users actually never had a concern for security.

That and few apps and the questions about Blackberry's future are major obstacles.
    06-30-14 05:43 AM
    At least we are all more easily hacked by the NSA. Consider using iPhone your civic duty.

Posted via CB10
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    06-30-14 05:55 AM
    It's not like businesses weren't having their Windows machines hacked left and right already so most enterprise users actually never had a concern for security.
    And that's exactly it... most "users" don't. So it's almost entirely up to their IT/network admins to enforce and control as much as they can,.. and THAT is what really defines who is (and will be, going forward as the 'correction' from BYOD continues) "doing better in enterprise." This entire thread shouldn't even exist as the BB10 device adoption is a moot point, as long as BlackBerry's MDM solutions are being used. The report is by GOOD, a direct competitor to BlackBerry's MDM so, by definition of its 'range', it's mutually exclusive of any such BlackBerry MDM data.
    06-30-14 06:05 AM
    From what I understand, there might be a region you are and it's dominated by a product! BlackBerry says they have 65% of the enterprise BES not their phone(they haven't mentioned any of that yet, I believe)! Is that true I don't know, apple says another. In their wwdc apple said they have 98% of the 500 fortune company and after I read between the lines they meant, at least they have an ipad or an iPhone(an apple product) in one of those 500 Fortune

So I'm really waiting to see what happens... and yes its a tough road for BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    06-30-14 06:10 AM
    Apple is going down faster than BlackBerry. Don't you get the message? IT is no longer an technology company but a financial company! Get real kid

#BBFactCheck
    06-30-14 06:19 AM
    From what I understand, there might be a region you are and it's dominated by a product! BlackBerry says they have 65% of the enterprise BES not their phone(they haven't mentioned any of that yet, I believe)! Is that true I don't know, apple says another. In their wwdc apple said they have 98% of the 500 fortune company and after I read between the lines they meant, at least they have an ipad or an iPhone(an apple product) in one of those 500 Fortune

So I'm really waiting to see what happens... and yes its a tough road for BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    BES, their MDM is still a pretty good product, generating money, and could be considered a marketleading product in different categories.

Now BlackBerry handsets on the other hand, are a different thing.
    iOS and Android should outsell BlackBerry in terms of handsets in the enterprise sector, for quite some time.

But yes, you understood Apple's wording correctly.

Posted via CB10
    06-30-14 06:23 AM
    After the recent Aviva issue with IOS which was backed by a "secure " (MDM, obviously not BES) I think a lot of companies involved with the handling of clients data, will definitely rethink this IOS, with BlackBerry gaining solid footing again, I predict "a come to Jesus" moment which will again boost BlackBerry handsets sales and BES.

Posted via CB10
    07-05-14 02:36 PM
    At least we are all more easily hacked by the NSA. Consider using iPhone your civic duty.

Posted via CB10
    Trust me, you and I are not that important.

Posted with my Q
    07-05-14 02:39 PM
    Trust me, you and I are not that important.

Posted with my Q
    Apparently Snowden 's revelations meant nothing. The law is clear, innocent till proven guilty. The Courts have also enforced this view, that's why they have ordered All types of tapping to first obtain a court order to do so,.its matters not if you are "unimportant", nobody has the right to invade anyone's privacy. Full stop. Doing otherwise is a dangerous precedent and will lead to many, many problems.

Posted via CB10
    07-05-14 02:46 PM
    After the recent Aviva issue with IOS which was backed by a "secure " (MDM, obviously not BES) I think a lot of companies involved with the handling of clients data, will definitely rethink this IOS, with BlackBerry gaining solid footing again, I predict "a come to Jesus" moment which will again boost BlackBerry handsets sales and BES.

Posted via CB10
    Why would they rethink iOS, given it apparently was not involved in the security breach?
    07-05-14 02:49 PM
    Why would they rethink iOS, given it apparently was not involved in the security breach?
    http://www.cvedetails.com/product/15...l?vendor_id=49

http://www.cvedetails.com/product/19...vendor_id=1224

http://www.cvedetails.com/product/25...vendor_id=8356

Simply put ,inherent vulnerability.

"The issue was specific to iPhones "

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by crackbrry fan; 07-05-14 at 03:21 PM.
    07-05-14 02:58 PM
40 12