even though its beta thats a pretty big breach......rim wouldnt let that happen now would they !
    10-21-10 12:48 PM
    Worried about local hackers? Like leaving your laptop behind in the coffee shop while you take long, leisurely trips to the bathroom? We wouldn't be so self-assured. Turns out there's a gaping security hole in the FaceTime beta, which allows anyone with access to your computer to change your password without knowing it to begin with, as well as peep and edit your security questions and answers. It would be nice if signing out of FaceTime would protect you, but unfortunately the app seems to have a lock-tight memory on your password, so it's easy for anyone to open the app and sign-in again. Hopefully Apple will fix these holes quickly, and until then we recommend uninstalling FaceTime or choosing your friends very wisely.
    MacNotes.de
    10-21-10 12:50 PM
    I don't think this is that big of a deal. You need facetime installed (not to mention it is still BETA), and someone needs to get onto your computer and change it. How many people will actually know about this, and why would you leave your computer unattended? For the times I have brought my laptop with me to a coffee, it never left my side.
    10-21-10 01:03 PM
    i understand thats its just beta and its not going to effect a whole lot of ppl but its the principal, if they wanna be competing with rim on the entreprise side things like this shouldnt happen
    10-21-10 01:13 PM
    yea i have to agree i've never let me netbook out of my sight when i'm in hippy town.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-21-10 01:13 PM
    i understand thats its just beta and its not going to effect a whole lot of ppl but its the principal, if they wanna be competing with rim on the entreprise side things like this shouldnt happen
    I know what you are saying, but even if this was in use in enterprise right now, I doubt your employee, boss or whoever would change your password lol. You are asking to be fired.

Also, Apple is not competing with RIM in the enterprise with this feature, RIM doesn't have a comparable feature like this yet to compete with Apple (PlayBook will be the first that we know of).
    10-21-10 01:19 PM
    ok, maybe im just trying to find any excuse to knock apple after the resent comments from jobs.....guess im a little bitter lol
    10-21-10 01:31 PM
    correction: recent*
    10-21-10 01:34 PM
    ok, maybe im just trying to find any excuse to knock apple after the resent comments from jobs.....guess im a little bitter lol
    Jobs will say anything to make his company look bigger, bagger, brighter than Window's or UNIX powered devices.

I wouldn't worry about thing he says, honestly.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-21-10 01:37 PM
    Totally understandable. Steve Jobs is a dbag, but a smart one.
    10-21-10 01:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD