let's do something about this....for one, it's full of lies.

iPhone user tries returning to BlackBerry | CTV News

can someone who's good at media turn this slander around?
    sick of reading this kinda crap in mainstream news..

Posted via CB750
    12-30-14 08:43 AM
    seriously who paid for that? ....shame on ctv. arent they owned by bell? hmmmm.

Posted via CB750
    12-30-14 08:45 AM
    He lost me when he stated he sends and receives 500 emails a day, putting this into perspective, working 10 hours a day, that works out to 50 emails an hours...I think this is a gross exaggeration. No instagram, another false statement, does no one proof read this stuff.
    Last edited by deptech; 12-30-14 at 09:17 AM.
    12-30-14 09:04 AM
    @GlobeTrotScott blast him!

Executive Producer of the Peevishlicious Crew via my Canadian Passport
    12-30-14 09:11 AM
    He lost me when he stated he sends and receives 500 emails a day, putting this into perspective, working 10 hours a day, that works out to 50 emails an hours...I think this is a gross exaggeration. No instagram or uber, another false statement, does no one proof read this stuff.
    Could explain his lack of journalism skills if he is answering "500 emails" (BS) a day, just too damn busy to do proper research.

Executive Producer of the Peevishlicious Crew via my Canadian Passport
    12-30-14 09:17 AM
    my intent for this post was to have someone go after ctv. not to go back and forth about it on crackberry. are there any journalists among us? social media barons?

Posted via CB750
    12-30-14 09:20 AM
    well, in a sens he is right....when he said that BB took too long to modernize his system. How many of him jump and got use to type on the slab. even in here some of the member got use to type on a screen and will not likely to return to pkb.
    AndyYNWA, ADGrant and Genghis2k3 like this.
    12-30-14 09:22 AM
    So who do we email or tweet?

Posted via CB10
    12-30-14 09:26 AM
    this is about integrity in journalism...the author is clearly sponsored or a fraud. the publisher is clearly the same. I would like to take action, but I don't know where to begin. I will follow your advice if you know the proper channels. I dont have tweeters or bookface. i'd prefer something real.

btw, I found this article via google news, though i'm pretty sure that site is automated..

Posted via CB750
    theRock1975 likes this.
    12-30-14 09:38 AM
    Are you people here all 12 years old? My God what a bunch of babies.... You make me laugh hating every single news journalist who prints something negative about BBRY.... You'd think you'd be used to it by now.

Pearl 8100->Pearl Flip->Storm->Torch 9800->Torch 9810-Bold 9900->Iphone 3g->Iphone 4g->Z10->Samsung S3->Z30->HTC m8->Note 4
    12-30-14 09:45 AM
    Are you people here all 12 years old? My God what a bunch of babies.... You make me laugh hating every single news journalist who prints something negative about BBRY.... You'd think you'd be used to it by now.

Pearl 8100->Pearl Flip->Storm->Torch 9800->Torch 9810-Bold 9900->Iphone 3g->Iphone 4g->Z10->Samsung S3->Z30->HTC m8->Note 4
    yeah sure. we're trying to be serious here. go sit in the corner and let the adults speak.

I get excited when I see BlackBerry in the headlines, because i'm just not seeing or hearing from them the way I would expect. however, more often than not i'm only hearing lies originating from the machine that tries to keep the superior product a secret. I have a passport, and I know if youre reading crackberry youre probably already onboard, but this thing is amazing!!! why doesnt blackberry market it at all? if the mindless droves of apple users could only see this thing for what it is....well, the future of the company would be secure. my fear is someday not having blackberry as an option. propaganda has no place in the mainstream media. get angry.

Posted via CB750
    habs_fan, NYTOC83 and spikesolie like this.
    12-30-14 09:52 AM
    I don't know, a Blackberry user can send 1000 emails per day, so is 500 not a realistic number?

LOLOL, you guys have way too much time on your hands if you let stuff like this bother you.
    12-30-14 09:53 AM
    He lost me when he stated he sends and receives 500 emails a day, putting this into perspective, working 10 hours a day, that works out to 50 emails an hours...I think this is a gross exaggeration. No instagram, another false statement, does no one proof read this stuff.
    He said he "sends and receives" 500 emails a day. That reads to me like if he gets an email and replies to it, he counts that as two (one incoming, one outgoing). And there technically *isn't* Instagram. *We* know that IGrann is a viable option, but if one had never heard of it, it's understandable that they wouldn't try it just because it popped up in a BBW/Amazon search for instagram. They were looking for the real thing, which isn't there.

Guys, I don't see anything inherently wrong with this article at all. He says some really nice things about the Classic, and everything else he frames as his own opinion. There are lots of "I" statements there, "I don't think..." "I also don't believe..." "I've become very good at typing emails on my touch screen..." etc. He's not doing what a lot of journalists do and state their own opinions as fact, and he should be praised for this. Going after this journalist does nothing but paint BlackBerry users in a very bad light.
    12-30-14 09:55 AM
    The right thing to do is tweet to @BlackBerry about it, let them handle this. They need to get through to these journalist not us.

Fwiw, it's a pathetic piece of journalism, much of it exaggerated BS.

CB10'n it....via da Z30
    12-30-14 09:58 AM

Why are you even here?

Posted via CB10
    12-30-14 09:59 AM
    The right thing to do is tweet to @BlackBerry about it, let them handle this. They need to get through to these journalist not us.

Fwiw, it's a pathetic piece of journalism, much of it exaggerated BS.

CB10'n it....via da Z30
    Yeah, they are all over BB Fact Check. They've posted a whopping 19 "corrections" on there since it was launched in June.
    m1a1mg likes this.
    12-30-14 10:00 AM
    Most of the articles about tech are sponsored or they afraid to lose sponsering and there are Brands like BlackBerry, HTC, Asus and Motorola they are not the big sponsors. So forget about it and so long apple can work people to dead in factories in China they earn enough money to spend there money well to maintance there market share.
    12-30-14 10:03 AM
    Since when did opinion pieces matter in the reporting world? It was always a fact based writing style...what a garbage read. Thanks for sharing though OP!

Posted via CB10
    12-30-14 10:15 AM
    Yes, I saw this through Yahoo News so I left him a comment by calling him lying for saying no Instagram and lack of Travel app. Blackberry does have travel app and he can install Instagram as well. The most I dislike of those negative writers, they never mention that BlackBerry BB10 has the most useful feature calls Video Screen Sharing. With this feature, they can do live presentation anywhere any places. Facetime, iMesage with Apple Iphone to me is useless. Facetime, you can facetime each other face to face or face out but you can never share screen like when you do a presentation through LCD projector. iMessage, you can imessage to Iphone to Iphone only fortunately, BBM you can do with any plate forms. When they write they never mention the useful of Video Screen Sharing and cross plate forms BBM. I'm sure they get pay big time for writing negative news about BlackBerry or they must be shorted BlackBerry stock.
    12-30-14 10:16 AM
    Nothing in that article seemed inappropriate or untruthful. It is clearly an opinion piece. I see no reason to think that the author actually liked the BB experience but lied about it for some reason. John Chen would be the first to admit that BlackBerry devices aren't for everyone. This author is one of those people that it's not for. So what? If it really bothers you that different people have different opinions, then maybe the internet isn't the place for you. Take action against the author? Silly.
    12-30-14 10:26 AM
    seriously who paid for that? ....shame on ctv. arent they owned by bell? hmmmm.

Posted via CB750
    It looks like it is an Associated press article, which means written by an American reporter, nothing to do with CTV. Probably not a lot of staff around CTV this week and just filling the empty space with stories from the wire services.
    12-30-14 10:29 AM
    Hey, he gave it a shot, it didn't work for him. I'm not sure it's bashing.

Posted via CB10
    jmr1015 likes this.
    12-30-14 10:34 AM
    By linking to it you just made the journalist and CTV money.
    MikeX74 and m1a1mg like this.
    12-30-14 10:36 AM
    People need to chill a bit... everyone knows there are biases towards all platforms.... how many times have we heard the term "Isheep ot itard"... android users being called "cheap" ... the list goes on.... why would media be any difference... in the media it is a combination of personal bias and laziness.... media types have deadlines and content limitation put on them.... we write about what we think we know... in the case of this article is.... the reviewer sees the Iphone is the standard, he likes, BB does not meet the mark... thus it is not any good.... pretty much sums up the article... is it inaccurate.. sure... but in the end why does it matter... .it only re-enforces the stereotype of BB and in the end countering it does not do anything but make BB fans look bad... I see comments calling reviewers liars... shills for Apple... ask yourself .. what does that accomplish.... I take issue with reviewers who are technically oriented and miss stuff... Brad Molen at Endgadget who is a great technical writer... when he wrote his 30 days with a Passport... he corrected inaccuracies ommitions in his piece as opposed to arguing with the commenters who point it out... this is the mark of journalism.. not name calling which seems to the the norm for people these dasy.....
    12-30-14 10:41 AM
    I send and receive a whopping 500 emails a day. Many are public relations pitches that only require a word or two in reply. But for many others, I will easily respond with a few paragraphs on my iPhone.
    Wow, that's over one email per minute! How on earth does he get anything else done, including his article? Someone's full of something.
    sean3089 likes this.
    12-30-14 10:44 AM
70 123