According to apple.... good job we have blackberrie's NFC

Posted from my BlackBerry Z10
    sharma6 likes this.
    10-29-14 02:20 PM
    10-29-14 03:45 PM
    All about the $$$. Basically Canadian banks can't make money from debit transactions so no push to ally with Apple.
    10-29-14 03:59 PM
    There is no question where Apple's next target is. The country starts with a "C", but it's not Canada.

Regardless, all mobile users with NFC capable phones (who want to use them for payments) should be happy to see Apple enter a market and push for broad use and development of this technology. I'm looking forward to some day in the future when the only thing I need to carry in my pocket is my phone.
    10-29-14 04:32 PM
    Don't care, wouldn't use it anyway, cash only for me.

Posted via CB from my Z10
    10-29-14 04:37 PM
    Apple may have also decided this as Canada has tap and go credit card readers fairly entrenched in Canada... I take my credit card, swipe it over the terminal and off I go... easier to have a card than a bulky smartphone..... as well Canada is considered a small market for most US companies......
    10-29-14 04:39 PM
    Canada is a good test market for USA.

I'm having my doubts on the success of Apple Pay. It seems as though they won't be able to attract big name retailers.

Posted via CB10
    10-29-14 05:13 PM
    Apple may have also decided this as Canada has tap and go credit card readers fairly entrenched in Canada... I take my credit card, swipe it over the terminal and off I go... easier to have a card than a bulky smartphone..... as well Canada is considered a small market for most US companies......
    This

Posted via CB10
    10-29-14 05:15 PM
    lol doesn't change much of apples negligence of canada, even when siri was released it couldn't function properly in canada but could out in 3rd world countries like pakistan.
    10-29-14 05:18 PM
    There is no question where Apple's next target is. The country starts with a "C", but it's not Canada.

Regardless, all mobile users with NFC capable phones (who want to use them for payments) should be happy to see Apple enter a market and push for broad use and development of this technology. I'm looking forward to some day in the future when the only thing I need to carry in my pocket is my phone.
    China is still way too cash oriented to have any sort of adoption for Apple pay.

Posted via CB10
    10-29-14 05:55 PM
    Don't care, wouldn't use it anyway, cash only for me.

Posted via CB from my Z10
    Us either, had tap payments on our cards for about two years, never used it...why pay fees on tiny purchase?

Z30 144GB
    10-29-14 07:54 PM
    Can't see apple pay going anywhere. This is a war between retailers,banks,card companies and obviously the consumer. The retailers want it to track your purchasing habits,card companies want it to make fees for processing and banks want it so they can charge for handshake services. Bottom line when you have that big a struggle to control things you won't get adoption in any mass. Like the digital wallet this is going nowhere in a hurry. Nice try apple but even they can't get mass adoption.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    10-29-14 08:34 PM
    All about the $$$. Basically Canadian banks can't make money from debit transactions so no push to ally with Apple.
    This is what I'm thinking. Money.
    10-29-14 08:39 PM
    I'm glad Apple Pay is struggling, how can you expect to get all that valuable purchase habit information, along with all the other data your mining from users - and expect the retailers to give you a cut. If data is worth so much, many billions it would seem, then you should be building the tech and providing the support for free just to get your hand on that data. Aggregate it and sell it back to retailers if you wish but don't expect to take $$ off POS sales.

Widespread adoption of that kind of a model isn't going to hurt the retailers, or the service providers, it's going to hit us, the consumers in the form of higher prices. What is the point of constantly advancing technology if the 99% is constantly being squeezed in order for it to happen.

BB for Life
    10-29-14 10:10 PM
    I've read before that many companies are blocking Apple Pay due to many problems consumers are experiencing with it

Posted via CB10
    10-29-14 10:24 PM
    I'm glad Apple Pay is struggling, how can you expect to get all that valuable purchase habit information, along with all the other data your mining from users - and expect the retailers to give you a cut. If data is worth so much, many billions it would seem, then you should be building the tech and providing the support for free just to get your hand on that data. Aggregate it and sell it back to retailers if you wish but don't expect to take $$ off POS sales.

Widespread adoption of that kind of a model isn't going to hurt the retailers, or the service providers, it's going to hit us, the consumers in the form of higher prices. What is the point of constantly advancing technology if the 99% is constantly being squeezed in order for it to happen.

BB for Life
    I think you are a bit misguided with regards to how the system works.
    MarsupilamiX and TGR1 like this.
    10-29-14 10:27 PM