I was so happy to read the news about Apple's defeat to Nokia. It may not be a win in any way for RIM, but the fact that Apple is paying "licensing" for their technology is more than satisfactory to me. Especially now, Nokia's eyes are now wide open for Androids.

Even though unlikely, but I hope RIM's stock would go up a bit.

Anyway, let's see where these patent lawsuits are going to end.
    06-16-11 04:17 AM
    RIM is still releasing outdated hardware. They still have horrible marketing. And I'm starting to think qnx is going to be like a great movie, that goes straight to dvd. This is the so called FUTURE of RIM. Yet they haven't built a buzz any stronger than a 12oz keystone light. Ok.. in a year you're going to run dual core.. by that time.. what do you think apple will be doing???? Not to mention HTC.. Samsung.. Motorola and various others. I'm not really into stocks.. but from what I can tell.. the company is being ran into the ground. I think the stock would go up if they let us fully customize our phones. Meaning processor, RAM, form factor, gsm/cdma, etc. Stock would blow through the roof. Otherwise.. I see them getting in the same predicament as Danger.. I.e sidekick

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-16-11 06:25 AM
    I was so happy to read the news about Apple's defeat to Nokia. It may not be a win in any way for RIM, but the fact that Apple is paying "licensing" for their technology is more than satisfactory to me. Especially now, Nokia's eyes are now wide open for Androids.

I doubt Nokia could go after Android, that's just the OS, they would have to go after the manufacturers. Could be wrong though.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-16-11 07:08 AM
    And who do you think is going to pay for these suits? It will be the customers as any company will pass it on to us with higher costs and fees. No win there for consumers.

There are someone(s) who prefer one platform over the others the question is are there enough preferring the one you/he/she likes to keep it around?
    06-16-11 07:53 AM
    They are all suing each other. It is not just Apple, etc. Check out this map from 2010:

Microsoft sues Motorola over Android – and all the other mobile lawsuits, visually | Technology | guardian.co.uk
    06-16-11 07:54 AM

Do you also like the fact that Dolby is now sueing RIM?

Why would you be happy that any company is getting sued?
    06-16-11 08:15 AM
    Do you also like the fact that Dolby is now sueing RIM?

Why would you be happy that any company is getting sued?
    Umm, did you read what I wrote? I did not say I was happy because a company was sued.

But when a company takes something that it did not create to make profit out of it, then that's wrong (be it Apple, Nokia, RIM whoever).

I, being biased to RIM, am happy that Apple has to be what it OWES to Nokia because it STOLE the patent without paying royalties. Isn't that common sense?!
    06-16-11 10:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD