At least there's a special phone that let's us identify vain, unintelligent, lower class morons..
    'lower class'? iPhones are expensive. They also retain their value much more than any phone from RIM

'Unintelligent'? So...you're more intelligent than Woz, Geohot et al? I've used an iPhone for years before switching to a GSIII. Based on your ignorance laced comments, i don't think you'll score higher than me in any IQ test.

'Vain'? What about the Porsche Design Blackberry?

My hate for them isn't blind either. They sell a ty touch phone where the antenna doesn't work at certain angles.
    Misinformation. that problem existed only with the iPhone 4 and came as a result of the desire to innovate with Antenna placement. The antenna always worked at ALL angles, there was just an issue with signal attenuation in areas of low signal if held in a certain manner. This was only ever an issue with the iPhone 4 and was fixed in the 4S.

the operating system is ridiculously locked down
    I keep hearing this...it's a fair point coming from Android fans but from BB fanboys it's a tad bit hilarious. Anyone who cares enough to jailbreak their iPhone will find much more customization options available for it than on a 9900 for example.

Perhaps this 'lack of customization' is the reason why iOS is much more (IMHO) stable than OS7?

But please, don't stop there...tell us more how everyone who buys an iPhone is 'unintelligent'. Feel free to throw in words like 'isheep', 'fart apps' and 'getting things done'
    09-02-12 10:46 AM
    Even the guy in the video said Apple innovates but doesn't invent. i'm not sure what video you were watching.

I didn't think even the most virulent Apple hater in a drunken rage could say Apple didn't/doesn't innovate...but then you show up.

Anyone who says Apple didn't innovate with the iPhone doesn't know anything about tech.

i never said they didn't innovate i said thats what i got from the beginning of the video, i had to leave so i couldn't watch it all

agreed

i just finished watchign the video and i really have to totally agree, i'm not saying Apple didn't innovate, they reinnovated the smartphone and the tablet, they made then a simple easy to use touchscreen device with simple consumer functions like gaming and multimedia.

since therelease of the iphone the smarthone market has been pushed violently towards being multimedia devices with hundreds of thousands of apps, but Apple failed to keep the PHONE part of smartphone in check, sure it is able to be used as a communication tool but as its nowhere near the best at it, in a way it is nowhere near the best at what they innovated either, Androids do a better job of apps and a better job at browsing and video watching, Apple does the camera and that i will give them
    09-02-12 10:53 AM
    At least there's a special phone that let's us identify vain, unintelligent, lower class morons.

My hate for them isn't blind either. They sell a ty touch phone where the antenna doesn't work at certain angles, the operating system is ridiculously locked down, and by now its very well known only an would buy their phone.
    I thanked your post not because I even remotely agree with it, but to thank you for so perfectly demonstrating an unreasonable fanboy rant with no basis in reality or facts.

So thank you for being so perfectly, incredibly wrong.

Sent from mah brainzzzzz via Galaxy S III and Tapatalk 2
    axeman1000 likes this.
    09-02-12 10:55 AM
    In the days of yore folks showed who was "best" by wrestling a bear or staring down a moose. These days, they attempt to do it by trying to win an unwinable argument about who has the "best" smartphone. You with me so far? Think this is quite the same as slapping a grizzly around, with your bare hands? I didn't think so. Think something has been lost over the years? Yeah, me too.

We have a wealth of choice in smarthphones. Something for everyone. My only problem is when someone tries to deny ME choice.
    Last edited by cynicalreader; 09-02-12 at 11:18 AM.
    Syrous44 likes this.
    09-02-12 11:00 AM
    Ibtl. ...........
    09-02-12 11:07 AM
    Ibtl. ...........
    It actually started as a very nice convoy but yeah, agreed. IBTL.
    09-02-12 11:24 AM
    Recipes can be equated to innovation. Invention and innovation are completely different.

Very few companies invent anything. What did RIM invent? What did Samsung invent? Innovation is different and can be patented, period.

Most of you are just petty Apple haters. Let's turn this same discussion to what RIM invented.

The patents were given and should be defended. Everything is not free in life and able to copied. RIM would and should defend its patents as well.

There is no holding back an industry or killing innovation. Grow up. People can pay to license, just like MS did. Apple has gone after other companies and so has Microsoft. Heck they are all suing each other. RIM has sued people for infringement.
    I HATE apple and all that the company stands for,got it?
    09-02-12 11:26 AM
    Just call a spade a spade,the iphone is a samsung phone lol samsung supplys the parts to apple.
    axeman1000 likes this.
    09-02-12 11:31 AM
    Just call a spade a spade,the iphone is a samsung phone lol samsung supplys the parts to apple.
    Not quite.

Partial list of manufacturers for Samsung Galaxy S3:
    Samsung
    Murata
    Intel
    Broadcom
    Wolfson
    Skyworks
    Silicon Image
    NXP
    Infineon
    Etc.

Partial list of manufacturers for Apple 4s:
    Apple
    Qualcomm
    Skyworks
    Avago
    Triquint
    TI
    STMicro
    Murata
    Toshiba
    Samsung
    Etc.

And let's throw in a BB for good measure - how about a 9800 Torch:
    Samsung
    Sandisk
    Marvel
    Infineon
    Renesas
    STMicro
    TI
    Crucial
    Analog Devices
    Etc.

I could go on, but I would think you get the picture .........
    Last edited by cynicalreader; 09-02-12 at 11:55 AM.
    amazinglygraceless likes this.
    09-02-12 11:44 AM
    Another misinformed fanboy, spreading BS all over the internet.
    09-02-12 12:19 PM
    Ah, you mean like RIM that took things from QNX and TAT and is now marketing BB10 to carriers and Tech bloggers?
    I agree with you on this one, however major difference Rim bought both companies and their patents and now are part of Rim. A bit different from what apple is doing, they are using a lax patent system to create the most stupid patents ever on others people technology that apple dosnt own, and sadly are getting away with it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    09-02-12 01:09 PM
    ...and this has exactly what to do with this discussion or Apple within the prism of the current patent system?

More importantly however, please enlighten us naive, blind apologists as to what precisely Apple stands for in your view. I have a bucket and a shovel at the ready.
    reeneebob likes this.
    09-02-12 01:12 PM
    You basically summed up apple as well with your samsung rant. Apple does the exact same thing. Its nothing more then a marketing company that takes things here and there from others and makes a product.
    Sure, but who doesn't? Following your logic, the same could be said about RIM: the Playbook hardware was "taken" from Quanta Computer and RIM basically slapped on QNX, which RIM also "took" to make BB10.

So taking components that are not yours is easy, but it's how you deliver the final product that is innovative. And Apple was first to do so with the smartphone ecosystem OS. If had hadn't, we wouldn't be talking about how RIM needs to get developers on board with apps...
    09-02-12 01:32 PM
    I got it. You obvious have issues or low self esteem of this is true.

What exactly do they stand for?
    09-02-12 01:38 PM
    It's fanboy peer pressure. You love BB, so all your buds have to know just how much you hate Apple products. There's hated for Apple on the Android Central forums too, but not like there is here.
    Some of us just dislike what Apple stands for
    09-02-12 01:39 PM
    We vote with our dollars in a capitalist system. We all have choices and many of us execute our "votes" every day by buying from companies we like, we think have good value, support charitable causes or environmental, etc.

Apple will continue to make money as long as people perceive them to be angels, and their products functional or value for the money. There is a reason their products are "white", and why design is placed high in the priority list. There is a reason 10 year olds and 90 year olds buy their products... and many computer-illiterate people go with Apple.

Apple has a niche, but it is a huge niche... and it includes higher-income socioeconomic classes primarily from English-speaking countries and people all across the computer-literacy spectrum.

If you want to stop Apple, then market something better to the people who have the money... Follow the money!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Crackberry Tapatalk Forum app
    09-02-12 01:39 PM
    "Misinformation. that problem existed only with the iPhone 4 and came as a result of the desire to innovate with Antenna placement. The antenna always worked at ALL angles, there was just an issue with signal attenuation in areas of low signal if held in a certain manner. This was only ever an issue with the iPhone 4 and was fixed in the 4S."

Boy it is a good thing automotive companies dont use this explanation when they screw up brake lines in vehicles and have to call them back! Admit it, apple tried something different and it failed so they had to go back to what everyone else was doing and fix their issue.

And whoever posted about RIM grabbing qnx and something else to make bb10, the true fact is RIM BOUGHT those companies to create something new! Innovate or invent, whatever you want to call it the os of bb10 will be something different than what apple and android are currently doing!

Overall as consumers we should be able to enjoy choice and competition, but with this petty garbage going on, we are going to suffer if the courts force one device down our throats! It has to stop!
    09-02-12 01:53 PM
    Overall as consumers we should be able to enjoy choice and competition, but with this petty garbage going on, we are going to suffer if the courts force one device down our throats! It has to stop!
    For the love of God, how are the courts forcing one device down anyones throat. The courts are there to enforce and uphold the law as it exists. To try to conflate a patent ruling as the courts ulterior motive to stack the deck for one side or the other is quite a huge leap.
    09-02-12 02:01 PM
    Meh. They have lawsuits all over the world and there have always been - this is nothing new. The only difference? Now you have the average Joe and the media involved because apple "owns the world".

It seems to me like Apple is using the patent system to push out the competition and gain market share - under the guise of protecting their brand. Apple "will be stopped" when the DoJ files an antitrust lawsuit - just like what happened to Microsoft. I find it funny how Microsoft bailed Apple out (when they were about to die) and now Apple is in a similar situation. Maybe that 150 million in shares has more influence than you think........
    southlander likes this.
    09-02-12 03:25 PM
    I got it. You obvious have issues or low self esteem of this is true.

What exactly do they stand for?
    Walled gardens come to mind.

And you obviously have an inferiority complex yourself. Do you feel better, Mr/ms armchair psychologist?
    09-02-12 03:58 PM
    "Misinformation. that problem existed only with the iPhone 4 and came as a result of the desire to innovate with Antenna placement. The antenna always worked at ALL angles, there was just an issue with signal attenuation in areas of low signal if held in a certain manner. This was only ever an issue with the iPhone 4 and was fixed in the 4S."
    And it didn't affect everyone. I have tried to get my 4 to Death grip and cannot get it to do it at all. It had to do with body chemistry as well, like how my mom can't wear Cardinal watches as they stop working almost immediately as soon as she puts one on.

So this 'widespread' problem wasn't even as widespread as it's made to sound by some.

Sent from mah brainzzzzz via Galaxy S III and Tapatalk 2
    amazinglygraceless likes this.
    09-02-12 04:07 PM
    Meh. They have lawsuits all over the world and there have always been - this is nothing new. The only difference? Now you have the average Joe and the media involved because apple "owns the world".

It seems to me like Apple is using the patent system to push out the competition and gain market share - under the guise of protecting their brand. Apple "will be stopped" when the DoJ files an antitrust lawsuit - just like what happened to Microsoft. I find it funny how Microsoft bailed Apple out (when they were about to die) and now Apple is in a similar situation. Maybe that 150 million in shares has more influence than you think........
    Yep, Apple is becoming Microsoft. Oh the irony. No doubt Apple has some (logical) fear of history repeating itself. Apple came up with the first mass market "PC" and the first mass market windowing/mouse interface only to have it marginalized in terms of marketshare by you know who.

Samsung was essentially doing the same thing. Started with the early iPhone look a likes that were not as good, and kept iterating until they have something arguably much better -- that is also selling extremely well.
    09-02-12 04:08 PM
    Another misinformed fanboy, spreading BS all over the internet.
    keep rolling ur eyes apple grunt.
    09-02-12 04:56 PM
    Who cares? Apple makes great products that people enjoy....

Sent by the most High to rip you warm blood mammals to shambles....

point is more people enjoy Android....

Sent from Blackberry 9810 with Crackberry forum app
    sam_b77 likes this.
    09-02-12 05:16 PM
    I agree with you on this one, however major difference Rim bought both companies and their patents and now are part of Rim. A bit different from what apple is doing, they are using a lax patent system to create the most stupid patents ever on others people technology that apple dosnt own, and sadly are getting away with it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

and This is EXACTLY the problem. patent should protect true innovation, years of someones work not idiotic round corners. one this is certain, At least in my case. if rim goes under the next day i get android phone.scre@# apple and their even more moranic patents. us patent law is farse.

Sent from Blackberry 9810 with Crackberry forum app
    09-02-12 05:22 PM
80 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD