great video.
    Unbiased Tech likes this.
    09-01-12 02:56 PM
    i wish i had the time to watch the whole 20 minute video i watched 3 minutes of it so far. so far i get apple is no innovator stop elieveing their crap
    robkd likes this.
    09-01-12 03:09 PM
    Well I think I've heard enough of Apple, nothing good come out of talking about it.
    anon(3896606) and robkd like this.
    09-01-12 03:13 PM
    Apple pursuing the market the way the are and suing everyone is ridiculous. Rumour has it Google has filed a lawsuit against Apple to ban iphone in the U.S and its looking grim for Apple. They pissed off google going after its key android clients and now look?
    anon(3896606) likes this.
    09-01-12 03:14 PM
    Just read Jobs' biography. Much more factual than a doofus on Youtube, imo. Then you can make up your mind.

And btw, I did read his biography, and have come to the conclusion that yes, Apple did invent and did innovate. Once you read the story behind the story, you'll understand why.
    Bobert_123 likes this.
    09-01-12 03:19 PM
    I'm not very surprised by all of that, tbh...
    09-01-12 03:35 PM
    I'm not very surprised by all of that, tbh...
    and no would should be, they brought this on themselves, its only a matter of time before this caught up to them, trying to sue over stupid generic patents is something that alot of people don't respect, especially those that know soemthign about the technology industry.

PS: pinapple steve jobs was a nut
    09-01-12 03:47 PM
    They (Apple) invented to some extent yes, but nobody dare say they didn't steal their fair share of ideas. Now, did they innovate by mixing the things they created and the things they've stolen? Heck yes, they did.

And guess what? I am glad for Apple and it's iPhone. It forced Google to stop trying to make a BlackBerry out of Android and that eventually led to RIM waking up to reality: the needed to come up with something new.

So, thanks Apple for BB10, and good luck with that lawsuit from Google...

EDIT: On Job's sanity... Don't they say madness and genius often walk together? Why don't we let the dead rest and focus on the here and now? Sounds good?
    Last edited by diegonei; 09-01-12 at 03:58 PM.
    09-01-12 03:50 PM
    They are 100% accurate. Apple didn't invent anything, they took old ideas and turned them into their own. Doesn't matter how you slice it, for an Apple product there is a predecessor before it. Apple adds the garlic
    09-01-12 04:32 PM
    While I'm no fan of Apple, I do own a Macbook and I'm not going back to Windows anytime soon and this is coming from a guy who grew up on Windows and even now knows Windows better than MacOSX.
    I'm an ardent fan of BB and the iPhone never impressed me from day one. Its just a cool gadget but useless as a proper communication tool in my book.
    Having said that, I still think that people who slag Steve Jobs don't have an idea of what that man did. He changed the way people thought about computers in the early eighties. He changed the music industry and the smartphone industry. He may not have been responsible for inventing technology, but he did bring together existing technology in a manner that no one else thought of before and that is innovation at its best.

I'm always amazed at people who keep accusing Jobs of stealing etc but the fact is if Xerox had any concept of what potential their Palo Alto research centre inventions had, they wouldn't have given Jobs a free run on their premises. Xerox was arrogant and dismissive of their own research labs. Jobs saw what it was worth and brought it together in a concept that Xerox didn't imagine. And for that Apple got paid.
    I love my BB but I don't hate the iPhone. I see it for what it is, an example of Steve Jobs' genius. No amount of people claiming that he ripped off Xerox etc will change the fact that he saw value in a technology that the inventors couldn't see. And that is pure genius.
    And for the rest of Steve Jobs hater who like to point out that he didn't give to chairty, well you are plain wrong. He made his money and he was not obligated to give to charity. Where were the charitable institutions when he was hand to mouth. Let the poor and hungry earn their money otherwise starve. Begging for charity is not a birthright.
    Long post but in conclusion Jobs was a genius. He might not have invented but he recognised the value of each invention which the orignial inventor didn't and for that he deserves respect and admiration. He was a special guy and the world is poorer for losing him so early.
    09-01-12 04:36 PM
    While I'm no fan of Apple, I do own a Macbook and I'm not going back to Windows anytime soon and this is coming from a guy who grew up on Windows and even now knows Windows better than MacOSX.
    I'm an ardent fan of BB and the iPhone never impressed me from day one. Its just a cool gadget but useless as a proper communication tool in my book.
    Having said that, I still think that people who slag Steve Jobs don't have an idea of what that man did. He changed the way people thought about computers in the early eighties. He changed the music industry and the smartphone industry. He may not have been responsible for inventing technology, but he did bring together existing technology in a manner that no one else thought of before and that is innovation at its best.

I'm always amazed at people who keep accusing Jobs of stealing etc but the fact is if Xerox had any concept of what potential their Palo Alto research centre inventions had, they wouldn't have given Jobs a free run on their premises. Xerox was arrogant and dismissive of their own research labs. Jobs saw what it was worth and brought it together in a concept that Xerox didn't imagine. And for that Apple got paid.
    I love my BB but I don't hate the iPhone. I see it for what it is, an example of Steve Jobs' genius. No amount of people claiming that he ripped off Xerox etc will change the fact that he saw value in a technology that the inventors couldn't see. And that is pure genius.
    And for the rest of Steve Jobs hater who like to point out that he didn't give to chairty, well you are plain wrong. He made his money and he was not obligated to give to charity. Where were the charitable institutions when he was hand to mouth. Let the poor and hungry earn their money otherwise starve. Begging for charity is not a birthright.
    Long post but in conclusion Jobs was a genius. He might not have invented but he recognised the value of each invention which the orignial inventor didn't and for that he deserves respect and admiration. He was a special guy and the world is poorer for losing him so early.
    Did you even watch the video? the point is not WHAT jobs did. Its about apples current actions suing everyone when they DID not invent the things they are suing over. They just added the garlic and now they call it theirs. What they are doing is wrong and childish and it will bite them in the .
    diegonei likes this.
    09-01-12 04:39 PM
    I'm in agreement about apple and everyone thinking they're so cool. Do you think RIM would give me the �800 needed to buy this number plate?

Then I could drive into my car park at work and see what the isheep have to say about it!

Also it would be a cheap way of advertising as I'm driving my car around.
    bb624 and bungaboy like this.
    09-01-12 04:43 PM
    This is the wrong argument.

Debate how such ridiculous patents were awarded in the first place, and so far allowed to stand. That's where the whole issue, and not just with apple either, begins and ends.

I don't much care for apple's attitude, but I can't fault them for defending the patents.
    addicted44 and anon(4216152) like this.
    09-01-12 04:51 PM
    Did you even watch the video? the point is not WHAT jobs did. Its about apples current actions suing everyone when they DID not invent the things they are suing over. They just added the garlic and now they call it theirs. What they are doing is wrong and childish and it will bite them in the .
    There's a difference between invention and innovation. So for example, while Apple did not invent the cell phone or the tablet, they are responsible for quite a few innovations in those markets (i.e. packaging some new and some known features in a way that had not quite been done before). So basically you're describing the modern phone and tablet OS as "garlic", and I think it's a little more than, but we can certain agree to disagree (I use the word "modern" since any OS worth anything is now tied into a large ecosystem of apps, movies, music, social media, etc, which Apple was the first to do).

Now the suing part is debatable, but I'm sure stockholders like it...
    09-01-12 04:51 PM
    It had to bite them sooner or later. I love competition but if you push too hard, you get pushed back.

Why do you think "the guys" ganged to buy the Nortel portfolio and barred Apple from the party?
    09-01-12 04:59 PM
    I very much enjoyed the video
    I liked the quote that "Apple is a recipe company"
    Very nice, Apple takes the bits other people do and brings them together wraps it in a pretty marketing package and people believe it is new and first.

I like that he brought up Apple trying to patent the wedge shaped laptop, because of how STUPID the patent office is, I am sure they'll get that patent next.
    bungaboy and Syrous44 like this.
    09-01-12 05:04 PM
    I said this before and I will say it again. Although Jobs had some great insight along with others at Apple, he and his company is currently and used to be nothing more then a marketing company. He took ideas and parts here and there and knew how to spin them to the masses in attractive packages thats all. As for the innovation argument, HA! I will wait till they role out something great again, and the iphone 5 or ipad mini ain't that by a long shot.

If anything the only companies that seem to be doing something innovative and revolutionary in the mobile computing world is windows with win8 and Rim with bb10. Android is perfecting its os at an impressive pace. Still working on perfecting its original os While apple is just adding more paint and trim on their old and boring products. Lets wait another 5 years and see where apple truly is, at present pace no where good.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    09-01-12 05:29 PM
    They are 100% accurate. Apple didn't invent anything, they took old ideas and turned them into their own. Doesn't matter how you slice it, for an Apple product there is a predecessor before it. Apple adds the garlic

Who cares? Apple makes great products that people enjoy....

Sent by the most High to rip you warm blood mammals to shambles....
    09-01-12 05:34 PM
    Its not what they invented, its what they patented. We can blame the patent system but not Apple for protecting what they legally own.
    amazinglygraceless likes this.
    09-01-12 06:43 PM
    Apple pursuing the market the way the are and suing everyone is ridiculous. Rumour has it Google has filed a lawsuit against Apple to ban iphone in the U.S and its looking grim for Apple. They pissed off google going after its key android clients and now look?
    Not rumour, fact:

"Google-owned handset maker Motorola Mobility on Friday filed its second lawsuit against Apple with the U.S. International Trade Commission (ITC) that could see Apple�s Mac computers, iPhones and iPads banned from sale in the United States�

Bloomberg relays an e-mail statement by the Illinois-based Droid maker:

We would like to settle these patent matters, but Apple�s unwillingness to work out a license leaves us little choice but to defend ourselves and our engineers� innovations.

The Wall Street Journal chimed in, writing that Motorola accused Apple in the filing of breaching seven of its patents related to location-based reminders, Siri, push email notifications and media playback on cell phones, amongst others."

That was dated Aug 17 2012.
    09-01-12 06:50 PM
    HALLELUJAH

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    09-01-12 07:20 PM
    09-01-12 07:29 PM
    Apple
    Has got
    To
    Stop suing
    Everyone! I own an iPhone & BB & am android (Yea lol 4 lines opened ugh) Now this stupid patent war is rediculous!
    I don't see android going anywhere soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    09-01-12 07:32 PM
    Apple's own hubris just might kill them...
    09-01-12 07:42 PM
    I wonder how much apples lawyers get paid.
    09-01-12 08:11 PM
80 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD