Does it really matter that much??????????????
    07-07-10 03:54 PM
    Yeah talking to that guy is like beating a dead horse (or riding one as you say ). Market share doesn't mean a whole lot when determining future success...
    beating a dead horse can release frustration, riding one can't

avt123, though I quoted you the comment was not entirely directed at you, as it is a fact BB users will move to andriod, as will Andriod users move to BB, and the like happens with iPhone, and such, such is the case. the sweeping statement that BB users are lining up to jump ship is the flawed part, as there seemingly is as many people waiting to get into a blackberry as there are waiting to leave. keeping blackberry on neutral ground, though the Market itself is growing, thus the "loss" of market share is more due to the fact that the market is growing faster than RIM is producing, AND that there are more players in it. I'm getting off on a tangent the state of the market and how sales reflect to market share, could take up 1000 posts and just start to scratch the surface.
    07-07-10 03:56 PM
    beating a dead horse can release frustration, riding one can't

avt123, though I quoted you the comment was not entirely directed at you, as it is a fact BB users will move to andriod, as will Andriod users move to BB, and the like happens with iPhone, and such, such is the case. the sweeping statement that BB users are lining up to jump ship is the flawed part, as there seemingly is as many people waiting to get into a blackberry as there are waiting to leave. keeping blackberry on neutral ground, though the Market itself is growing, thus the "loss" of market share is more due to the fact that the market is growing faster than RIM is producing, AND that there are more players in it. I'm getting off on a tangent the state of the market and how sales reflect to market share, could take up 1000 posts and just start to scratch the surface.
    Oh I understand. That's why I called it "proof". We will just have to see how it goes in the long run. We really wont be able to tell for a while how things are really going down.
    07-07-10 04:02 PM
    Yeah talking to that guy is like beating a dead horse (or riding one as you say ). Market share doesn't mean a whole lot when determining future success...
    And this is after quoting another BB fanboy who just said RIM's global marketshare is growing.

Wow. Keep contradicting yourselves.

Hilariously pathetic.
    07-07-10 04:14 PM
    Let's just say RIM did lose 2% to Android, that's 98% success for RIM when faced with new but well established competition. That's not really the case but even if it would, that would be pretty bloody good on RIM's part.
    Also it apears those 2% are right here on crackberry.com lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-07-10 04:25 PM
    HAHAHA BULL SHIZZLE. what is the Storm then? its funny how people seem to forget about the Storm and Storm 2 which was / are RIM's answer to the iphone a pathetic one but it was an attempt and they failed. So BB users over look the storm and just look at all the keyboard models and say RIM does not compete with the iphone when they actually have tried.
    Actually I find the Storm to be quite the machine. I can actually SEE the screen. I have given Storms to the family (3 of them). My 8530 was stolen last week and I just replaced it with a new 8900. Since I own a construction company the Storm won't hold up to dirty, dusty, wet, glue covered hands. So i keep the physical keyboard because of that. I wish I had the screen of the storm combined with a real keyboard. I am near 50 so my eyes don't focus well on those tiny tiny little letter like they used to.
    Last edited by elleonblanco; 07-07-10 at 05:03 PM.
    07-07-10 04:55 PM
    Great so BB users are leaving for Andriod, but BB sales have not fallen... that means people are still buying BB's

Great for Android to get BB users, but it doesn't negate the fact RIM is still selling BB's and people are still buying them.
    Are you looking at overseas sales. Blackberry is THE smart phone here in Latin America. Why??? The price of the data plan. BB $10 USD monthly. Iphone $95 USD monthly. EDGE network and GSM only. RIM doesn't need to cater to the gadget fanboys they have a whole other world to sell to.
    07-07-10 04:59 PM
    Oh I understand. That's why I called it "proof". We will just have to see how it goes in the long run. We really wont be able to tell for a while how things are really going down.
    +1 Wait and see.
    07-07-10 05:00 PM
    Does it really matter that much??????????????
    No, it doesn't. But that won't stop some people.
    07-07-10 05:09 PM
    I never said BBs weren't selling or that people weren't buying BBs. TheIgster wanted "proof" that some BB users were leaving for Android. So I tried to provide the best "proof" I could find.
    Oh please...

Of course some users will go here and some will go there...

Various posters, including the one I quoted makes it sound like it's a mass exodus from BlackBerry. All these BB users crying with BB in hand outside the Android stores, waiting for them to open so they can get a real phone.

Whatever...
    07-07-10 08:45 PM
    Igster For The Win.
    07-07-10 08:51 PM
    Hahaha this is truly pathetic, but still a very comical thread keep it up guys.
    07-07-10 09:00 PM
    You're a constant child brandon but entertaining regardless.
    07-07-10 09:06 PM
    I'm sorry, but what are you basing that statement on? All of the existing BB users, including myself (who just came from an iPhone) saying they are going to stick with their BB's and they love them?

Seems it's pretty easy to make sweeping statements like that, but how about some proof? Do you have a list of a bunch of existing BB users who are just waiting to leave RIM for another device?
    One doesn't need a list of specific blackberry users who left, one need only look at the latest marketing data of what is selling. 20 months ago, there was only one Android phone, from one manufacturer. Today, there are over 50, from nearly every major manufacturer. And 168k new Android activations a week and accelerating.

As I have said before, RIM needs to fix the lousy browser. I was at the Verizon store earlier today and played with a 9650. The browser is slower than an Eris, which is ungodly slow. Ever seen an Incredible, or even better, an Evo browsing? I have seen no Berry that can touch either. And an Evo makes the Berry look like a Model T compared to a Ferrari. The RIM browser is slow. And it doesn't render a good many pages as well as an iPhone or an Android phone. Heckuva messaging device, but other devices are getting better at that, too.
    07-07-10 09:11 PM
    You're a constant child brandon but entertaining regardless.
    I don't even know how to feel about this comment but ummm... Thanks? I think lol
    07-07-10 09:13 PM
    As I have said before, RIM needs to fix the lousy browser. I was at the Verizon store earlier today and played with a 9650. The browser is slower than an Eris, which is ungodly slow. Ever seen an Incredible, or even better, an Evo browsing? I have seen no Berry that can touch either. And an Evo makes the Berry look like a Model T compared to a Ferrari. The RIM browser is slow. And it doesn't render a good many pages as well as an iPhone or an Android phone. Heckuva messaging device, but other devices are getting better at that, too.
    You guys and your browsers. Oh yes, this browser is fast, this one puts this other browser to shame. You know what? I don't care...plain and simple. I don't use my phone for browsing. I have a ...wait for it...a...here it comes...a computer for that. Yes, a computer with a 22" widescreen monitor. Bet that beats the **** out of your phone browser.

I use my phone for email, instant messaging, text messaging and you guessed it...PHONE calls.
    07-07-10 09:17 PM
    The problem with your assessment bulldawg is that you treat your random store environment as if it is an absolute. I agree the BB browser is behind and I think we all know it is supposedly going to be equal to the competition with the OS6 iteration if not better with the Storm 3 OS7. However, the current version is the easy target, and as a user of all 3 major platforms as well as Microsoft 6.5, I have to disagree with your sweeping statements. I actually have faster speeds, particularly on wifi, with my 9700 than many of my android friends and for sure all of my iphone friends. My only suggestion is you report your experience and not label everyone else to suggest theirs is yours...ya know.
    07-07-10 09:19 PM
    Their US marketshare has, you're the one with the selective hearing

their Global Market share is growing,

but talking to you is like riding a dead horse, it doesn't go anywhere and after a while it smells bad.
    As has been pointed out previously, the revenue per handset is dropping. Why? Because everyone wants one? Not if supply and demand assumptions in economics are correct.

Anecdotal evidence can be found by going to your local cell phone store and ask what is selling and what isn't. The manager of the VZW store in my area says the Incredible is back ordered until August. And the 9650 is in stock and selling for $50 less than the Incredible. To be fair, they aren't selling Kins and the Moto Devour isn't moving, either. But that doesn't bode well for RIM. I would be accelerating the roll out of media devices, if that's what everyone wants to call a phone with a capable browser.
    07-07-10 09:20 PM
    It is a compliment brandon.
    07-07-10 09:22 PM
    [QUOTE=I use my phone for email, instant messaging, text messaging and you guessed it...PHONE calls.[/QUOTE

I thought there was a no swearing clause here.....PHONE calls...
    07-07-10 09:23 PM
    The problem with your assessment bulldawg is that you treat your random store environment as if it is an absolute. I agree the BB browser is behind and I think we all know it is supposedly going to be equal to the competition with the OS6 iteration if not better with the Storm 3 OS7. However, the current version is the easy target, and as a user of all 3 major platforms as well as Microsoft 6.5, I have to disagree with your sweeping statements. I actually have faster speeds, particularly on wifi, with my 9700 than many of my android friends and for sure all of my iphone friends. My only suggestion is you report your experience and not label everyone else to suggest theirs is yours...ya know.
    Haha your 9700 is faster the your android and iPhone friends who are running 1ghz processors hahaha. I wonder what the heck is wrong with my 9700 then. Where was yours made? I want one of those 9700's their definitely a rare breed
    07-07-10 09:25 PM
    You guys and your browsers. Oh yes, this browser is fast, this one puts this other browser to shame. You know what? I don't care...plain and simple. I don't use my phone for browsing. I have a ...wait for it...a...here it comes...a computer for that. Yes, a computer with a 22" widescreen monitor. Bet that beats the **** out of your phone browser.

I use my phone for email, instant messaging, text messaging and you guessed it...PHONE calls.
    From my point of view, you are missing an integral part of having a hand held computer. If one wants only a messaging device, that is limiting the possibilities of what one can do. I would like to be able to change my airline ticket while I am moving between gates and check my bank account without too much hassle. Something Berries aren't good at, now are they? Try to log into Travelocity....

And, BTW, I bet every person on here has a computer, so don't feel like you are special. I don't like carrying around 22 inch monitors, but to each their own.
    07-07-10 09:25 PM
    Where did I say its an absolute? The phone is slow. Plain and simple. Put it next to an Incredible and it looks REALLY slow.

Name one sweeping statement I posted. That the Incredible renders web pages faster than a Berry? Or that an EVO is the fastest phone for web pages? It's 4G, and in Atlanta, its the fastest handset on the market. Cite an example and explain why its supposedly sweeping.

Put the phones side by side and compare. Go to multiple pages and compare. I have. Have you?

As I have said before, nothing touches a Berry for messaging. Its every other area that is lacking - browser, application availability and pricing. The phone market is changing. RIM has to recognize that and stop worrying about conserving data and provide a comparable device to what is being released this year. Not comparing themselves to last year's devices.
    07-07-10 09:31 PM
    Yes brandon, good point, there is no difference in how they process their resources and what is required for operation. Do you need to read some manuals before you hit the threads?
    07-07-10 09:31 PM
    Put what next to an EVO for what bulldawg and where...a blackberry...which one...do you know what sweeping means? My 9700 never lags. Seriously do you even know what you are talking about?
    07-07-10 09:36 PM
210 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD