rim was never meant to compete with gaudy iphones and 5 inch screen droids...

just saying..
    this has been debated many times here.

why waste the space?
    I think you are seeing consumer frustration. When one is having problems logging into web pages for useful information or services, it becomes a problem. Further, when a consumer learns he or she can have push mail without RIM and still have a workable web browser, the limitations of the Berry platform become onerous.

That said, I would gladly come back to Berries if they fixed the darn browser. As it stands, I am stuck with a touch screen, when I really want a physical keyboard. But at the same time, RIM cannot continue to pride itself on limiting the user experience. Other platforms are out there, and users vote with their feet. At one time Motorola was THE cell phone. Then they hit a dry spell. Palm is no more, when they were first but failed to innovate for years. RIM is playing a dangerous game. In technology, a company must either innovate or another will. Customers are extremely fickle.

However, I hope each person finds the phone that makes them the happiest, whatever that platform might be. And I am NOT "hating" on RIM. Whatever the heck that means.
    07-06-10 05:23 PM
    Ok, I'm out, some people just can't be convinced you like the choice you made, you're happy with it and no matter how many other devices they waive under your nose, that will not change. And all this on a blackberry forum. It's getting a bit rude to be honest.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    What is there to convince? Why are you trying to convince people? Wave all the devices under my nose and I will chose the one I like the most. It doesn't have to be a specific platform, as long as what it does I like, and does everything I want it to do.

Yes, all this on a BB forum. Former BB users are allowed to post here too. I don't see where it says we can't. ... You made a comment about BBM saving money, and I said it is useless unless everyone has BBM.
    07-06-10 08:00 PM
    However, I hope each person finds the phone that makes them the happiest, whatever that platform might be. And I am NOT "hating" on RIM. Whatever the heck that means.
    Anything that doesn't involve "I love my BB, it's the greatest device ever!" or "RIM is the best!" is hating on RIM. You say one negative thing about them, even if it is constructive criticism BB fanboys on this site will be all over you. But the same is said about Android, Apple, MS, Nokia and WebOS fanboys.
    07-06-10 08:04 PM
    Ok, I'm out, some people just can't be convinced you like the choice you made, you're happy with it and no matter how many other devices they waive under your nose, that will not change. And all this on a blackberry forum. It's getting a bit rude to be honest.

Agreed. This is getting stupid and I'm just new here. If you want to talk about iPhone and Androids, then do so in those forums or elsewhere as far as I'm concerned. And don't try to convince me everything else if better. I have a Bold and I'm sticking with a Bold.
    07-06-10 09:17 PM
    Agreed. This is getting stupid and I'm just new here. If you want to talk about iPhone and Androids, then do so in those forums or elsewhere as far as I'm concerned. And don't try to convince me everything else if better. I have a Bold and I'm sticking with a Bold.
    I really don't get all these debate threads. I never go into the Apple or Android
    forums trying to bash those types of phones. Can't those exBB users stay in their
    own sections? All these threads end up as stalemates anyway, since people
    still are going to buy BBs.
    07-06-10 11:46 PM
    I really don't get all these debate threads. I never go into the Apple or Android
    forums trying to bash those types of phones. Can't those exBB users stay in their
    own sections? All these threads end up as stalemates anyway, since people
    still are going to buy BBs.
    High 5 TequilaAddict, why do we alway's have to have a lecture in logic from these drones?
    07-06-10 11:51 PM
    I think RIM will move forward also once the OS 6 drops and they come out with newer devices.
    07-06-10 11:51 PM
    High 5 TequilaAddict, why do we alway's have to have a lecture in logic from these drones?
    I don't know if its logic, otherwise, they would be logical and quit it already.
    07-07-10 12:03 AM
    Just followed a link on a different thread to android central and had to come back, it seems android owners argue with each other just as much lol, maybe it's part of owning an android device.
    Couldn't help noticing the top banner on the site tho: "Dead bettery? We can help" ........by selling chargers and batteries

07-07-10 01:44 AM
    I think you are seeing consumer frustration. When one is having problems logging into web pages for useful information or services, it becomes a problem. Further, when a consumer learns he or she can have push mail without RIM and still have a workable web browser, the limitations of the Berry platform become onerous.

That said, I would gladly come back to Berries if they fixed the darn browser. As it stands, I am stuck with a touch screen, when I really want a physical keyboard. But at the same time, RIM cannot continue to pride itself on limiting the user experience. Other platforms are out there, and users vote with their feet. At one time Motorola was THE cell phone. Then they hit a dry spell. Palm is no more, when they were first but failed to innovate for years. RIM is playing a dangerous game. In technology, a company must either innovate or another will. Customers are extremely fickle.

Couldn't of said it any better myself! I just hope RIM is listening.
    07-07-10 03:01 AM
    Just followed a link on a different thread to android central and had to come back, it seems android owners argue with each other just as much lol, maybe it's part of owning an android device.
    Couldn't help noticing the top banner on the site tho: "Dead bettery? We can help" ........by selling chargers and batteries

Lol - I saw similar over there. All sorts of niggles. Some were big and others were tiny. Just like on CrackBerry.

No device is perfect and nothing will stop owners complaining about their devices. People seem to just love moaning and arguing amongst themselves.

I think that I may have lost the plot - duh. I am happy with what I have.
    07-07-10 04:43 AM
    Lol - I saw similar over there. All sorts of niggles. Some were big and others were tiny. Just like on CrackBerry.

No device is perfect and nothing will stop owners complaining about their devices. People seem to just love moaning and arguing amongst themselves.

LoL , I agree there is no perfect device or we would all have the samething . I hope no one really gets MAD about others standing up for their device its just like everything else ( ex:ford/chevy owners lol)

I have both devices and like them both in their own way .They both are good in what they do .

Just followed a link on a different thread to android central and had to come back, it seems android owners argue with each other just as much lol,
    yep that is common thing on both CB and AC lol , guess its part of owning either device
    Last edited by DavidNC; 07-07-10 at 05:03 AM.
    07-07-10 04:54 AM
    Seems like Apple is pushing forward ..
    Android is moving forward...

Rim is still pending that darn 6.0 like it's going to be something GAME CHANGING..

still isn't released... the train is passing bye!
    The Smart Phone train is full of Apple and Droid users..

Rim is still at the train station.. with no tickets available!

*looks at tour*

By far one of the funniest and creative titles for RIM's status in the Smartphone sector gotta give you some props on this one.
    07-07-10 05:09 AM

Guess where they defected from... Ha
    07-07-10 11:17 AM
    Not sure if it was this thread or not but someone said that Blackberry's are a 'Messaging' phone while iPhone and Androids are 'multimedia' phones. Thing is Android and iPhone can do messaging too and pretty much just as well. Really the only thing Blackberry has going for it is battery life and it's form factor, I'm not counting security because unless your on BES it's not any more secure then an iPhone or Android phone.

I own and operate a small computer repair business my Blackberry is my secretary so I need the physical keyboard. At the same time I do get jealous of the iPhone and Android's features and power. I mean why can't a Blackberry have both, is it that hard to develop a decent web browser? And hardware, it's unbelievable to me that the Bold 9650 has the same exact cpu as the Tour release 2009, and Storm released 2008. As a computer guy, I know cpu's get faster, smaller, cheaper and more efficient(longer battery life) with every new release. I can't believe RIM is still using a 2yr old CPU in their phones.
    07-07-10 01:16 PM
    Normally I read these threads more than post in them; this one I wanted to add my .02:
    BlackBerry rocks. Mine does, anyway.
    Android also rocks, just not my cup of tea.
    The iPhone. I boycotted this device because of the company. Couple years ago there was an app that simulated shaking a baby to make it stop crying (reported in Time magazine), and Apple pulled it after protest. AFTER PROTEST. Never should have been allowed.
    The reason I read these threads is for random nuggets of something interesting or pertinent. In the midst of one or two people's rants there's occasionally really good info, so I keep track of what's said and will use that to make a decision on a new device when my contract is up and I'm eligible for a new device. So while they're tedious there IS some benefit.
    And so far, the only non-BlackBerry I'm interested in is the(?) new Windows 7 device. If it's as much of a communications powerhouse as my S2, then I'll definitely consider it; but that's a ways off.
    07-07-10 01:19 PM
    With that train taking off, they are taking a lot of BB users with it. RIM better get their crap together here pretty soon. A lot of users aren't gonna wait around for too long when they can pick up a new device with a better OS.
    07-07-10 01:20 PM
    With that train taking off, they are taking a lot of BB users with it. RIM better get their crap together here pretty soon. A lot of users aren't gonna wait around for too long when they can pick up a new device with a better OS.
    I'm sorry, but what are you basing that statement on? All of the existing BB users, including myself (who just came from an iPhone) saying they are going to stick with their BB's and they love them?

Seems it's pretty easy to make sweeping statements like that, but how about some proof? Do you have a list of a bunch of existing BB users who are just waiting to leave RIM for another device?
    07-07-10 02:30 PM
    I'm sorry, but what are you basing that statement on? All of the existing BB users, including myself (who just came from an iPhone) saying they are going to stick with their BB's and they love them?

Seems it's pretty easy to make sweeping statements like that, but how about some proof? Do you have a list of a bunch of existing BB users who are just waiting to leave RIM for another device?
    Wow BB fanboys choosing to ignore the news (like North Korea)? Did you not read the news reports, surveys, etc in the past 6 months that pointed to BB users leaving specifically for Android?

Oh wait they're not peer reviewed so they must not be legit right? Keep making stuff up buddy.
    07-07-10 02:55 PM

News Headlines

Not "proof", but analysts are saying Android is taking away directly from RIM and not hurting Apple at all.
    07-07-10 03:02 PM
    News Headlines

Not "proof", but analysts are saying Android is taking away directly from RIM and not hurting Apple at all.
    Great so BB users are leaving for Andriod, but BB sales have not fallen... that means people are still buying BB's

Great for Android to get BB users, but it doesn't negate the fact RIM is still selling BB's and people are still buying them.
    07-07-10 03:16 PM
    Great so BB users are leaving for Andriod, but BB sales have not fallen... that means people are still buying BB's

Great for Android to get BB users, but it doesn't negate the fact RIM is still selling BB's and people are still buying them.
    Their marketshare has fallen 2%. And that was before the latest burst of Android superphones and the iPhone 4's release.

Again with the selective hearing and reading. It's getting pathetic.
    07-07-10 03:24 PM
    Their marketshare has fallen 2%. And that was before the latest burst of Android superphones and the iPhone 4's release.

Again with the selective hearing and reading. It's getting pathetic.
    Their US marketshare has, you're the one with the selective hearing

their Global Market share is growing,

but talking to you is like riding a dead horse, it doesn't go anywhere and after a while it smells bad.
    07-07-10 03:47 PM

I never said BBs weren't selling or that people weren't buying BBs. TheIgster wanted "proof" that some BB users were leaving for Android. So I tried to provide the best "proof" I could find.
    07-07-10 03:50 PM
    Their US marketshare has, you're the one with the selective hearing

their Global Market share is growing,

but talking to you is like riding a dead horse, it doesn't go anywhere and after a while it smells bad.
    Yeah talking to that guy is like beating a dead horse (or riding one as you say ). Market share doesn't mean a whole lot when determining future success...
    07-07-10 03:51 PM
210 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD