LMAO, this thread shoulda been locked hour's ago.
    07-06-10 01:04 PM
    All threads like this should be locked.
    07-06-10 01:06 PM
    All threads like this should be locked.
    Or move them all to a different part so they stop clogging all the sections in this forum.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-06-10 01:11 PM
    blah blah blah... thats what this all sounds like..

People who think RIM is in trouble are stupid and know absolutely nothing about the situation. They are all insecure with themselves and they don't want to admit how easily amused they are by all the iphone and android stuff.
    WOW. Seriously
    All of these people hating on different phones who cares as long as the phone does what you want it to do. The "death of RIM" but as you can see there are tons of loyal people to the brand and that's never going to change just like the cult following that iPhone and android developed. And those people who say "I have seen the video of OS6 and it doesn't impress me" that's what you make yourself believe then that's fine but to have an argument over something that's not even released is lame especially comparing it to something that is. When its released and if its sub par I will be the first to admit but right now I think its lame trying that kind of comparison. For those that are saying that the UI needs to be like iPhone that's also lame. For those like me, I prefer the Blackberry style over iPhone. If you want a UI like iPhone then get an iPhone. "The browser is horrible" sure it may not be the greatest but I know I have no issues with it at all and every site I have gone on works well. Even if I didn't like it I could choose to use BOLT or Opera Mini which are outstanding. I have nothing against Android or Apple except those who think they can try to convince you that you need that type of phone. For me BB IS my preferred phone and they are not going to die out just because of competing brands and even if they did, that would be a very long time from now.

I agree. Not everyone wants an iPhone or an android.

BB is also my preferred phone.
    Or move them all to a different part so they stop clogging all the sections in this forum.
    I have suggested that several times... but people just start new ones if the
    older ones get moved.
    07-06-10 01:12 PM
    That can depend on who you ask and what their needs are. If Android or iPhone doesn't do what I need as well then is it better? And vise versa. It is all dependent on the needs of the user. Multimedia to me is not as important as the business and messaging side of things. So is android or iphone better for me? No.
    If you don't need instant push email and notifications you don't need a blackberry. But if you do need them is there a better phone?
    Probably 99% of blackberry users that's exactly why they chose blackberry in the first place. It works and we're happy, stop trying to convince us, get the message already.

You two totally missed that point. The same goes
    for an iPhone user that may find "better" with
    Android or even BlackBerry.

@belfastdispatcher - Did you even read what I
    wrote or just quoted the wrong person? Is there
    a part of my statement that said go to another
    platform? And if you read the statement, better
    could be another BlackBerry.

People get too defensive about products. They
    even start defending against a statement
    that wasn't even made. Or maybe it was the
    second paragraph that may have thrown you
    off.

Let me say it again... I was referring to your
    statement:

...if it's not broken don't fix it...
    With that logic, you don't ever have to upgrade,
    even if your device breaks, buy another Storm 2
    instead of buying the more expensive Storm 3
    (if that ever comes out)

I have and use all four of the major platforms,
    so I don't need to "convince" anyone to go
    somewhere.
    07-06-10 01:14 PM
    I have suggested that several times... but people just start new ones if the
    older ones get moved.
    Lol, that just proves it's attention seeking they're after, if it's not on the front thread they start a new one

07-06-10 01:15 PM
    Just wondering. What kind of problems did you have when you were on an iPhone? And if you are expecting OS6 to "catch up", I think that 9700 won't cut it.
    The iOS4 update basically killed my 3G. It was dead slow and required resets. Even after resetting the entire device and restoring.

I didn't get push Gmail. The account I want to use. Had to use Yahoo to get email pushed. In fact, many notifications did not seem instant at all, like Facebook for example. They would work some days, other days, not at all. I had to open the app and log in to get any notifications.

On my 9700, I get my Gmail instantly, all notifications are quick to arrive and there are never any issues.

I'm not saying that the version 6 OS for the BB will catch up, because I don't think there is any catching up required. I'm happy with my Bold 9700 the way it is right now. It doesn't need to do anything else, so anything coming down the pipeline with the new OS will be a bonus.
    07-06-10 01:16 PM
    I'm not saying that the version 6 OS for the BB will catch up, because I don't think there is any catching up required. I'm happy with my Bold 9700 the way it is right now. It doesn't need to do anything else, so anything coming down the pipeline with the new OS will be a bonus.

I totally agree. My 8300 does all I need, I'm happy with it, so I do not need
    RIM to catch up.

I can afford to buy all the new phones out there... but I do not want them.
    07-06-10 01:33 PM
    Have you seen Kevin's Blog post today?

http://crackberry.com/sound-how-blac...et-fresh-again

How BlackBerry Can Get Fresh Again
    by Nadav Gur

Focus On Key Experiences - And Excel At Them

You Can't out-iPhone the iPhone - It's Time For Market Segmentation

Protect Your Enterprise Base By Innovating There Too - With Innovation that Appeals to The End User

Don't Repeat Nokia's Mistake - It's About Margin, Not Just Revenue

Innovation At This Scale Is a Silicon Valley Phenomenon

Re-think The Carrier Angle
    With smartphones going to be 50% or more of the market in a couple of years, there's room enough for everyone to grow - but not if they all target the same mindset / customer profile. Let Android and iPhone battle over "who's coolest" and try to be something else - to some other people. ...
    Good advise.

The inertia is currently in one direction - fighting to reverse it from Ontario is playing with one arm tied behind your back. ...
    07-06-10 01:36 PM
    I'm a fanboy and delusional b/c I know RIM isn't in trouble?

Awesome.
    Yeah that's why their stocks and outlook are being downgraded by every analyst and all the tech media out there.

Keep trying and hilariously failing.
    07-06-10 01:37 PM
    Yeah b/c stocks are always the most important indicators of success

Dude you must get a life if you find all this hilarious... who cares what I think/know?

Lets talk in a year after RIM is still alive and well.
    07-06-10 01:42 PM
    Hey, I should buy my sister a Verizon Curve for her birthday! I know she can't
    afford it right now.

She purchased a Droid in APRIL, and still cannot figure out how to use it. At
    least if I get her a BB, I can help her with it!
    07-06-10 01:47 PM
    Yeah b/c stocks are always the most important indicators of success

Dude you must get a life if you find all this hilarious... who cares what I think/know?

Lets talk in a year after RIM is still alive and well.
    Keep trying.
    07-06-10 01:53 PM
    Android people are the bible bashers of the mobile world.
    Just heard on the radio this morning of plans to tax sms, 1penny per message will raise billions they said. Coming soon to every country I believe.
    There's no way they could tax bbm

Bible bashers? So RIM is your God I'm guessing then.

Cool, tax SMS. There are IM apps available on all platforms. Something BBM is not available on.
    07-06-10 01:53 PM
    You two totally missed that point. The same goes
    for an iPhone user that may find "better" with
    Android or even BlackBerry.

@belfastdispatcher - Did you even read what I
    wrote or just quoted the wrong person? Is there
    a part of my statement that said go to another
    platform? And if you read the statement, better
    could be another BlackBerry.

People get too defensive about products. They
    even start defending against a statement
    that wasn't even made. Or maybe it was the
    second paragraph that may have thrown you
    off.

Let me say it again... I was referring to your
    statement:

With that logic, you don't ever have to upgrade,
    even if your device breaks, buy another Storm 2
    instead of buying the more expensive Storm 3
    (if that ever comes out)

I have and use all four of the major platforms,
    so I don't need to "convince" anyone to go
    somewhere.
    So I am wrong in thinking that the 'better' phone is the one that works best for your personal needs?
    07-06-10 02:20 PM
    So I am wrong in thinking that the 'better' phone is the one that works best for your personal needs?
    No, but you're wrong in thinking what my
    point was. Either that or you just wanted
    to get your point across, so my statement
    may have been your best opportunity to
    do so. If it was the latter, carry on
    07-06-10 02:36 PM
    Bible bashers? So RIM is your God I'm guessing then.

Cool, tax SMS. There are IM apps available on all platforms. Something BBM is not available on.
    In some countries 5mb cost over 10� a month, bbm is a very very efficient way to communicate for them, not everything happens in USA or UK or other major countries. At a rate of 2-5kb per bbm we can communicate all year. Any other IM on any other platform would never be as efficient as that.
    People need to think a bit more out of the box.

07-06-10 03:38 PM
    There were two very important points that were in that article posted today. RIM can't afford to lose the high-end (which I've felt they have lost) and most importantly, they cannot lose the enterprise market. Emphasis mine.

With Sprint becoming RIM's strongest partner - and appealing to blue-collars instead of white-collars, and with the buy-one-get-one-free deals with people like Verizon (who prefers Android - as it feels it needs to directly counter the iPhone), the risk of repeating that same mistake is real. NOK is down 71% in 3 years. RIM is on the precipice of a similar slide but it isn't too late to reverse course. Which ties back to point #2 above - RIM must remain the choice for top-end customers, and not get enamored with mid-market customers unless as followers of that former group.
    RIM has lost the high-end and along with it, quite a few platform evangelists. I never saw anyone talking about the 9700 to the 3GS like people did with the 9000 to the 3G. The same thing will happen to the 9800. I don't know how RIM can stop this slide (pun not intended.)

RIM cannot afford to lose its hold on the enterprise. Not only are these highly lucrative customers in themselves, but with RIM's distribution strategy tied tightly to wireless operator, this is a key reason operators are still very engaged with RIM, even though they see iPhone (and possibly Droid) as a more strategic brand for their consumer customers. As long as these highest-ARPU customers are tied to BlackBerry, the loyalty of operators is still there, at least to a degree.

Now how do you keep enterprises loyal, when it seems like they can get the security and control they need for "free" with Microsoft Exchange and iPhone OS 4.0 and "don't need BES"? Especially when it is the employees (or the executives really) who are demanding the other brand? The key is to innovate again. Go deeper into horizontal enterprise processes - and make sure what you create matters to the end-user, not just the IT guy or the CFO. Cause it's the grassroots who are now facilitating the advance of competitors into your turf.
    RIM has to convince corporations that there are compelling features to sticking with BlackBerrys and paying for BES. I do believe that RIM probably won't lose this market because of the total control that BES provides but it's still possible for RIM to lose it. Why should a corporation pay for BES and the extra cost for RIM services, when Microsoft, Google and Apple offer the same Exchange integration for free without a middleman?
    07-06-10 04:06 PM
    I will stick with rim and blackberry to the end.
    07-06-10 04:15 PM
    In some countries 5mb cost over 10€ a month, bbm is a very very efficient way to communicate for them, not everything happens in USA or UK or other major countries. At a rate of 2-5kb per bbm we can communicate all year. Any other IM on any other platform would never be as efficient as that.
    People need to think a bit more out of the box.

And you need to think a little bit more outside the box as well. Not everyone has a BB. So only the ones that do will save. About 10 of my friends have BBs. The rest of us (well over 60 people that are my friends) do not have a BB. So who is going to save? You think people will convert just for this reason? Especially over 1 penny per text? Android and iPhone market share is going up and up in a bad economy. It is obvious people are willing to spend the extra money to get what they want. Those devices also do not compress data.

LTE will be out soon. Once countries are blanketed in LTE, there will most likely be only data packages that cover internet and voice.

I really don't see massive amounts of people just switching to BBs for BBM to save a tiny bit of money, and sacrifice everything else they want and features they want from other platforms. If this is the case, I can guarantee Apple, Google, MS, Nokia and HP/Palm will come up with their own proprietary messaging system.
    07-06-10 04:23 PM
    BlackBerry > Android > iPhone > rotary dial
    07-06-10 04:44 PM
    And you need to think a little bit more outside the box as well. Not everyone has a BB. So only the ones that do will save. About 10 of my friends have BBs. The rest of us (well over 60 people that are my friends) do not have a BB. So who is going to save? You think people will convert just for this reason? Especially over 1 penny per text? Android and iPhone market share is going up and up in a bad economy. It is obvious people are willing to spend the extra money to get what they want. Those devices also do not compress data.

LTE will be out soon. Once countries are blanketed in LTE, there will most likely be only data packages that cover internet and voice.

I really don't see massive amounts of people just switching to BBs for BBM to save a tiny bit of money, and sacrifice everything else they want and features they want from other platforms. If this is the case, I can guarantee Apple, Google, MS, Nokia and HP/Palm will come up with their own proprietary messaging system.
    Exactly. The days of BBM being a selling point for BBs are pretty much over. It's no longer a compelling feature when more and more people are moving away from BBs. I'm seeing it firsthand. PINs or QR codes on Facebook with "Add me" captioned underneath aren't really common anymore. It only takes a few people out of your entire BBM contact list to leave to make it a less useful feature - especially if you used to have frequent contact with one of them through BBM.

Text messaging plus Google Talk on Android have more than made up for loss of BBM.
    07-06-10 05:07 PM
    Ok, I'm out, some people just can't be convinced you like the choice you made, you're happy with it and no matter how many other devices they waive under your nose, that will not change. And all this on a blackberry forum. It's getting a bit rude to be honest.

07-06-10 05:22 PM
210 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD