blah blah blah... thats what this all sounds like..

People who think RIM is in trouble are stupid and know absolutely nothing about the situation. They are all insecure with themselves and they don't want to admit how easily amused they are by all the iphone and android stuff.
    07-06-10 08:52 AM
    You can point to minute Android issues, and I can point to every BlackBerry user complaining about that god-awful browser.

WP7 won't be too much of a danger to the iPhone and Android in the beginning. MS will need to have reason to get developers to switch from those two platforms which are the dominant ones in terms of developer support and consumer interest. It may be a danger to RIM if MS can convince businesses that they don't need BES anymore, just get WP7 and it'll work with your normal exchange server, no middleman required. Include BlackBerry users coming off contract this year too, but Verizon here in the US has a lot of those Storm 1 users locked up with the Droid X.

OS 6 looks outdated already compared to the iPhone, WP7 and Android. It and the 9800 will once again be meant to retain, not to capture new users. I remember when all the talk was about 9000 vs. iPhone 3G. There wasn't that talk about the 9700 vs. the 3GS, but rather the Droid vs. the 3GS. It'll be the same case with the 9800, not being mentioned in the conversation at all for the best phone on the market. There isn't a compelling reason to switch to a BlackBerry unless work gave you one. When the only thing keeping a lot of people on your platform is a proprietary technology (BBM), you're not in good standing.
    I pointed out a minor niggle on an Adroid just to illusteate a [point. Sure, I agree that the BlackBerry browser is not that good - I said so - However I have also seen that many people who own BlackBerrys prefer the native browser over Opera-Mini which, on the iPohone was faster than Safari. So I am confused. I like the BlackBerry browser and I do not like Opera-Mini. I am also pretty sure that Opera-Mini is as good as Safari. So, yeah, I'd like a better browser but I am in no real hurry.

I would much rather have a solid and reliable phone that does whatever I need it to than a badly designed (metal case + conductive scree = lost signal bars) fashion icon like the iPhone. I have NO problem with BlackBerry.

IPhone and Android are both Unix based so the only real difference is the UI and there iPhone is the prettiest.

Hardware wise, Android has a huge advantage over Apple in that their hardware comes from many sources.

Android and BlackBerry have proper keyboards - YES! If Apple did keyboards then they would have a real killer but that would hurt their profit margins with all that complicated hardware to build - like RIM does.

No thank you, until WM7 hits, I shall stick with reliable BlackBerry.
    07-06-10 09:03 AM
    Android and BlackBerry have proper keyboards - YES! If Apple did keyboards then they would have a real killer but that would hurt their profit margins with all that complicated hardware to build - like RIM does.

No thank you, until WM7 hits, I shall stick with reliable BlackBerry.
    There will never be an iPhone with a keyboard. Jobs even made it a point to mock physical keyboards in the presentation for the first iPhone.

People who think RIM is in trouble are stupid and know absolutely nothing about the situation. They are all insecure with themselves and they don't want to admit how easily amused they are by all the iphone and android stuff.
    So please, enlighten me on why I should go back to a 9700 from my MyTouch Slide.
    07-06-10 09:06 AM
    There will never be an iPhone with a keyboard. Jobs even made it a point to mock physical keyboards in the presentation for the first iPhone.
    Of course he did. He knows how much they cost to produce.

If he can replace all that expensive hardware with a bit of software AND convince all the iSheep fanbois that no keyboard is actually better then his cost per unit will be lower and he makes more money.

It is as simple as that OR, Jobs would be making Macs with no keyboards. You cannot have it both ways.
    07-06-10 09:13 AM
    Of course he did. He knows how much they cost to produce.

If he can replace all that expensive hardware with a bit of software AND convince all the iSheep fanbois that no keyboard is actually better then his cost per unit will be lower and he makes more money.

It is as simple as that OR, Jobs would be making Macs with no keyboards. You cannot have it both ways.
    I wonder if it is more expensive to produce a high quality dual touch IPG screen or a plastic miniature keyboard.
    07-06-10 09:21 AM

LOL right convince yourself ; or this guy's reply to what you said might make it clearer

Last edited by DavidNC; 07-06-10 at 09:47 AM. Reason: added :p
    07-06-10 09:27 AM
    People have been saying this for years and yet they still continue to be profitable and set sales records...
    07-06-10 09:55 AM
    The problem with your thinking is people are not buying these phones because they look cool, they actually out perform BB in almost every way.
    That depends on who you are and what you use your phone for. I have had many android phones and non of them has worked as well for what I want as my blackberry. Androids and iphones are great media devices IMO. Blackberries are more messaging phones. I use mine for work and personal use. This whole thread is a waste of space because there will always be people for each side that won't budge and get all **** hurt because another person disagrees. It's ridiculous. You get what works for you. I get what works for me. It is why there is more than one platform and more than one phone made. We all have choices and that is a good thing. It is pointless to argue which one is "better" because "better" is dependent on the user. If android works better for you then get that. If iphone does then get that. If blackberry does then get that. If a simple dumb phone does then get that. It's all relative of the person using it. Which makes it pointless to argue. Will I be bashed for this point of view? Of course. Do I care? No. Being bashed for a point of view that is not sided to any of the 3 platforms is absolutely laughable.
    07-06-10 10:24 AM
    May I be the first to not bash? Well said! A phone is a phone is a phone. And as long as it does what YOU want it to do, who cares what it is?!

That depends on who you are and what you use your phone for. I have had many android phones and non of them has worked as well for what I want as my blackberry. Androids and iphones are great media devices IMO. Blackberries are more messaging phones. I use mine for work and personal use. This whole thread is a waste of space because there will always be people for each side that won't budge and get all **** hurt because another person disagrees. It's ridiculous. You get what works for you. I get what works for me. It is why there is more than one platform and more than one phone made. We all have choices and that is a good thing. It is pointless to argue which one is "better" because "better" is dependent on the user. If android works better for you then get that. If iphone does then get that. If blackberry does then get that. If a simple dumb phone does then get that. It's all relative of the person using it. Which makes it pointless to argue. Will I be bashed for this point of view? Of course. Do I care? No. Being bashed for a point of view that is not sided to any of the 3 platforms is absolutely laughable.
    07-06-10 10:46 AM
    People have been saying this for years and yet they still continue to be profitable and set sales records...
    And still lost overall market share by 2% even with record breaking sales the past entire year, as well as the still declining average selling price (happens when you sell dirt cheap hardware)...RIMs summer launches are going to be the failclam, and a slider going against the iphone 4 (even with the antenna issues people are still buying them) and Galaxy S, poor phone will be just as lost as the 9550 was.

The battle is about to get a lot harder, especially with the heavy Android push this summer, with the iphone 4, and MS entering the gauntlet later this year.

RIM has to fight them all, and its a battle most don't see them winning.
    07-06-10 10:49 AM
    Who really cares? Why are Android fan boys on a mission to convert blackberry people? I am a firm believer in "if it's not broken don't fix it" way of thinking. I am a blackberry lover on a blackberry forum, please stop preaching to me about what I'm "missing" out on.
    Live and let live!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-06-10 11:08 AM
    Who really cares? Why are Android fan boys on a mission to convert blackberry people? I am a firm believer in "if it's not broken don't fix it" way of thinking. I am a blackberry lover on a blackberry forum, please stop preaching to me about what I'm "missing" out on.
    Live and let live!

Well said!
    07-06-10 11:17 AM
    Well said!
    Android people are the bible bashers of the mobile world.
    Just heard on the radio this morning of plans to tax sms, 1penny per message will raise billions they said. Coming soon to every country I believe.
    There's no way they could tax bbm

07-06-10 11:24 AM
    All of these people hating on different phones who cares as long as the phone does what you want it to do. The "death of RIM" but as you can see there are tons of loyal people to the brand and that's never going to change just like the cult following that iPhone and android developed. And those people who say "I have seen the video of OS6 and it doesn't impress me" that's what you make yourself believe then that's fine but to have an argument over something that's not even released is lame especially comparing it to something that is. When its released and if its sub par I will be the first to admit but right now I think its lame trying that kind of comparison. For those that are saying that the UI needs to be like iPhone that's also lame. For those like me, I prefer the Blackberry style over iPhone. If you want a UI like iPhone then get an iPhone. "The browser is horrible" sure it may not be the greatest but I know I have no issues with it at all and every site I have gone on works well. Even if I didn't like it I could choose to use BOLT or Opera Mini which are outstanding. I have nothing against Android or Apple except those who think they can try to convince you that you need that type of phone. For me BB IS my preferred phone and they are not going to die out just because of competing brands and even if they did, that would be a very long time from now.

07-06-10 11:27 AM
    Live and let live!

But if you can get a better phone for the same
    price, why shouldn't someone get it?

Not saying Android or the iPhone is better, but
    that logic seems flawed to me. A lot don't need
    push email and more need multimedia and social
    networking support, so to most, they can get
    by with "uBerTwitter", but they would probably
    get by happier with Twitter for iPhone/BB or
    Touiteur for Android.
    07-06-10 12:46 PM
    RIM with its not so great browser and a few options missing from the OS is still, imo the best mobile operating platform.
    I'm guessing that's why, despite RIM's marketshare, developers refuse to develop for the BB for the sole reason that it's a crap environment to develop for? That says a lot about the platform whether you like it or not.

And with Windows Phone 7 coming out in addition to iPhone 4 and Android 3.0, it's going to be a Christmas battle between these three - especially with all the carriers getting behind Windows Phone 7 and Android.
    07-06-10 12:49 PM

Touiteur for Android.
    That can depend on who you ask and what their needs are. If Android or iPhone doesn't do what I need as well then is it better? And vise versa. It is all dependent on the needs of the user. Multimedia to me is not as important as the business and messaging side of things. So is android or iphone better for me? No.
    07-06-10 12:54 PM

BB fanboys are like North Korea - hilariously delusional.
    07-06-10 12:55 PM
    I count the number of posts in here, divide by two and strangely enough i get the average intelligence of most posters.
    07-06-10 12:57 PM
    Android people are the bible bashers of the mobile world.
    Just heard on the radio this morning of plans to tax sms, 1penny per message will raise billions they said. Coming soon to every country I believe.
    There's no way they could tax bbm

Actually a lot of Android people are former BB users who just saw a superior platform and went for it.
    07-06-10 12:58 PM

Touiteur for Android.
    If you don't need instant push email and notifications you don't need a blackberry. But if you do need them is there a better phone?
    Probably 99% of blackberry users that's exactly why they chose blackberry in the first place. It works and we're happy, stop trying to convince us, get the message already.

07-06-10 12:59 PM
    I count the number of posts in here, divide by two and strangely enough i get the average intelligence of most posters.
    Hey! Mine is nearly into double figures. If ya count the decimal point....
    07-06-10 01:02 PM
    Yet here you are in a BB forum

07-06-10 01:02 PM
    Actually a lot of Android people are former BB users who just saw a superior platform and went for it.
    And the rest of us didn't cuz we like blackberry better don't you get it? Superior or not, I don't care. Out in real world a large piece of glass in my trouser pocket is not what I want.
    Why this need to spread the word?

07-06-10 01:03 PM
    I'm a fanboy and delusional b/c I know RIM isn't in trouble?

Awesome.
    07-06-10 01:03 PM
210 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD