Stumbled upon an article on imore, asking iphone users if they going to repay for apps because the new ios7 have got new UI change and different programming language. We know most people still with apple because of what they invested in the eco system. People will probably rethink and use the opportunity to switch devices. What you all think ?

http://www.imore.com/would-you-pay-a...-favorite-apps
    Last edited by taylorblackberry; 07-19-13 at 11:24 AM.
    07-19-13 10:30 AM
    Perhaps you could share a link to the article?
    07-19-13 10:36 AM
    People here have to pay again for their bb10 apps even if owning an bbos7 app. I think it doesn't matter and won't switch to another platform because of this.

Posted via CB10
    nova_8, FSeverino, JR A and 4 others like this.
    07-19-13 10:53 AM
    Perhaps you could share a link to the article?
    Would you pay again for iOS 7 versions of your favorite apps? | iMore.com
    07-19-13 10:56 AM
    If its a paid update to an app it's not really a big deal, people pay for those already. All your current apps will be updated to run just fine on iOS 7 and won't require the user to "repay".

You might be referring to the developer redesigning their apps to more approximate the look and feel of iOS7 and using it as an opportunity release a "paid update" which is fine, we're not forced to buy them especially if the current version runs adequately.

EDIT: Yep, that's what I thought. The link was posted as i typed my reply and it's about redesign, not forced updates. If the design is good enough and the app receives decent enough updates or new features I will continue to pay for updates. I've never actually considered switching because of "paid app updates", I imagine very few others have either.
    ingris likes this.
    07-19-13 10:56 AM
    Does Apple have a hard and fast rule with upgrades and paying for it, or do they leave it up to the developer to decide, like BlackBerry does?
    07-19-13 10:59 AM
    just updated the original post with link
    07-19-13 11:24 AM
    Does Apple have a hard and fast rule with upgrades and paying for it, or do they leave it up to the developer to decide, like BlackBerry does?
    Developers.
    07-19-13 12:02 PM
    I bought IM+ for BBOS, when it came for PlayBook I had to buy it again, then for BB10. Not sure the point of the OP here.
    07-19-13 12:09 PM
    I bought IM+ for BBOS, when it came for PlayBook I had to buy it again, then for BB10. Not sure the point of the OP here.
    I think he's just hoping for a little Apple backlash.
    07-19-13 12:12 PM
    I had no issue buying apps like beweather and bebuzz again when I transitioned from OS7 to BlackBerry 10.

Posted via CB10
    07-19-13 12:14 PM
    Yes, it's my perception that BB10 has the most rigid app policies with regards to upgrades.
    07-19-13 12:15 PM
    I had no issue buying apps like beweather and bebuzz again when I transitioned from OS7 to BlackBerry 10.

Posted via CB10
    I can't count the number if times I've paid for BerryBuzz & then BeBuzz.... I own a licence for each of my blackberries and have updated them all more than once. Has to be at least 16 payments.
    kevinnugent likes this.
    07-19-13 12:17 PM
    Stumbled upon an article on imore, asking iphone users if they going to repay for apps because the new ios7 have got new UI change and different programming language. We know most people still with apple because of what they invested in the eco system. People will probably rethink and use the opportunity to switch devices. What you all think ?

Would you pay again for iOS 7 versions of your favorite apps? | iMore.com
    For the most part, I think they will pay for them again because, after all, it is Apple. Look at the change Apple did with the iPhone 5 and people still upgraded regardless of what hey spent on "iAccessories" (which are not cheap). If that did not affect Apple then, I doubt apps will.
    07-19-13 12:25 PM
    I can't count the number if times I've paid for BerryBuzz & then BeBuzz.... I own a licence for each of my blackberries and have updated them all more than once. Has to be at least 16 payments.
    Oh wow. That should seriously earn you an all round license for life.

Currently though, it is possible to attach multiple BB10 devices to one BBW account, correct?
    Last edited by Tre Lawrence; 07-19-13 at 01:02 PM.
    07-19-13 12:27 PM
    Currently though, it is possible to attach multiple BB10 devices to one BBW account, correct?
    Correct. And the apps in your BBID account are generally all available on each of those devices in that case. Suitable for one person with multiple devices, but not so much for trying to "share" apps among more than one person without paying for them.
    Tre Lawrence likes this.
    07-19-13 12:39 PM
    Correct. And the apps in your BBID account are generally all available on each of those devices in that case. Suitable for one person with multiple devices, but not so much for trying to "share" apps among more than one person without paying for them.
    But in the same household, it would work with two adults, with two different email addresses, right?
    07-19-13 01:04 PM
    People here have to pay again for their bb10 apps even if owning an bbos7 app. I think it doesn't matter and won't switch to another platform because of this.

Posted via CB10
    You had to do that for some PB apps too but, the majority od PB apps i bought were free on my Z10.
    07-19-13 01:12 PM
    My bad for the the thread then. I did not knw we repay for apps when we buy them. Personally all my playbook apps I did not repay for them on my z10, not one

Posted via CB10
    07-19-13 01:35 PM
    I don't think that would be a problem, I'm paying for new apps on my Q10 so hey.....besides sheep are always obedient anyway they won't mind!
    07-19-13 01:37 PM
    Not likely. Biggest problem will be hardware upgrade exhaustion. Global economy is still in the toilet.
    07-19-13 01:41 PM
    Blackberry world does it all the time. This is hardly news..

At least those sheep have every app one could want. "Soon"
    bigedschukar likes this.
    07-19-13 01:42 PM
    Will there be some backlash... of course, people love to complain.

But it's not enough to push the majority away from the rest of the ecosystem. Many will be happy to see the changes that iOS7 brings, they won't care.
    07-19-13 01:44 PM
    The people at imore aint very happy tho.

Posted via CB10
    07-19-13 01:46 PM
    But in the same household, it would work with two adults, with two different email addresses, right?
    I suspect (and as a developer of paid apps, I hope) that it's actually too restrictive for that to be effective. I'm not sure though. It depends what the BBID is tied to, aside from your BBWorld account.

I would imagine that BBM is pretty much tied to your BBID, so unless you're willing to forgo that feature (and possibly others) I suspect it's not a good way to have things set up. I'll be honest: I've spent very little time thinking it through, because it's not something I would do just to avoid spending a few bucks. I'd rather other developers got their money for apps that both I and my wife use, so they'll keep supporting the platform. Obviously being a developer myself gives me a bias in this area...
    Tre Lawrence likes this.
    07-19-13 01:58 PM
90 123 ...