Uhh ohh does this men appl gets watspn?

Posted via CB10
    07-15-14 04:52 PM
    BlackBerry needs to keep plugging away and innovating the space, etc.
    07-15-14 04:54 PM
    I really don't think IBM or Apple consider BBRY much of a "threat". Really.

IMO, they considered the timing right to make a strike for an area currently occupied by a greatly weakened incumbent, an area that would be helpful to improve their bottom line. This agreement likely has been in the works for a couple years at least, btw, during the time that BBRY did not exactly show improvement.
    Last edited by TGR1; 07-15-14 at 07:37 PM.
    sentimentGX4, bbq10l and JeepBB like this.
    07-15-14 04:57 PM
    This could be actually a good news for Blackberry. Both Apple and IBM are huge and Blackberry doesn't mean much to them. However, IBM and Apple partnership means a lot to IBM competitors. These are Accenture, Microsoft, HP to name a few. I think this partnership will heat up talks for more partnerships as competition intensifies in enterprise space, may be Microsoft with Blackberry or Accenture with Blackberry.
    Good point, maybe it could be a two pronged approach, and IBM takes out BlackBerry. The idea of it could scare others interested in the business.

Posted via CB10
    07-15-14 04:59 PM
    BlackBerry should partner with Lenovo and Intel.

Posted via CB10
    07-15-14 05:06 PM
    On the surface this looks worrying for BB. The partnership will probably do well in the US. Outside the US they will find it tougher as a lot of important markets grow increasingly suspicious of US tech companies. BB should be fine outside the US.
    moonfalle likes this.
    07-15-14 05:12 PM
    Challenging for BlackBerry. Does BlackBerry exclusively hold the patents that allow them authority to operate on government networks? Or does IBM hold something similar they they coould licence to Apple with this partnership?

Posted via CB10
    07-15-14 05:16 PM
    The only positive I think is that it validate the importance of mobile Enterprise. Plus it lights a fire under the BES team to make sure their product is competitive in the market.

The only vendor that does this end-to-end is BlackBerry. Once BlackBerry gets momentum, I see it as a take over target.
    wincyUt likes this.
    07-15-14 05:16 PM
    Nadella said the focus of WP will be productivity and enterprise features.

Google bought Divide and integrated part of knox into Android.

Now Apple and IBM join forces.

Maybe the WSJ was right, time to sell BBRY.
    Last edited by sati01; 07-15-14 at 05:37 PM.
    07-15-14 05:20 PM
    I was just thinking that it would be nothing for IBM and/or Apple to buy BlackBerry for the enterprise sector and QNX alone, they have huge cash reserves and it would save then allot of development cost in the long haul.

With financial backing that those two corporate giants have, the future would be very promising. Just an interesting thought I had, that's all.

Sent from my lovely z30 on T Mobile USA
    07-15-14 05:29 PM
    Nadella said the focus of WP will be productivity and enterprise features.

Google is also investing heavily in enterprise features, they bought Divide and integrated part of knox into Android.

Now Apple and IBM join forces.

Maybe the WSJ was right, time to sell BBRY.
    hurry..I will buy your stock and anyone else who would do a fire sale......please do it
    bungaboy, menshawy and thisiscjay like this.
    07-15-14 05:38 PM
    Blackberry needs to pair up with Microsoft.

Posted via CB10
    Or Amazon, Or both
    07-15-14 05:47 PM
    I think if Blackberry would have been the phone company in this partnership people on this board would have been ecstatic.
    07-15-14 05:51 PM
    The stock dropped 4 cents until people read apple and the word security in the same paragraph, and knew they were certainly getting smoke blown up their asses as this will never fly lol. Apple doesn't know security, and it would take more than IBM to help them
    07-15-14 05:57 PM
    I believe Blackberry is working on its own partnerships as well. See the following link with the statement
    "BlackBerry also has “a lot of conversations underway” for potential strategic partnerships"

BlackBerry Ltd tapping into ‘Internet of Things’ for more than just buzz | Financial Post
    playbookster and bungaboy like this.
    07-15-14 05:58 PM
    1. It isn't directly apparent when these so called apps or mdm software will come out
    2. What is apple really gaining here? Is IBM is going to nudge their buyers to buy the iPhone version of whatever they're going to deploy?
    3. Along with #2, how does Apple make significantly more money here if BYOD strategies are already taking off in the workplace (the assumption that their #'s are true where 95% of fortune 500 companies are already using some form of iOS)? I guess it's just more of a presence tied to official enterprise software.
    4. Blackberry is literally a hundredth the size of apple's market cap.
    5. If someone wanted to buy blackberry, why wouldn't they have done it at $9?
    6. I highly doubt people are going to drop whatever they're using and buy this new IBM software and special iPhones. Especially if they're not bringing anything newer or cheaper to the table.
    7. I hope this doesn't create panic in the stock. Apple can afford to throw billions at a project that might not take off but Blackberry's turnaround cannot.
    8. Blackberry PR please don't screw this up
    9. Partnership?

Ugh
    Burkzerk and Yasch22 like this.
    07-15-14 06:50 PM
    The only positive I think is that it validate the importance of mobile Enterprise. Plus it lights a fire under the BES team to make sure their product is competitive in the market.

The only vendor that does this end-to-end is BlackBerry. Once BlackBerry gets momentum, I see it as a take over target.
    You are right in the sense that BB is a monopoly in the enterprise field for it's services. BB needs to keep it that way. The competition can't compete with BB in the enterprise field. How does Apple expect to gain a good reputation in the business and security world if Obama can't even use an Iphone due to security issues? I just don't understand why they think they can just come in the market and take it over.
    07-15-14 07:03 PM
    IBM already has MDM software its called MaaS360. The partnership is so users can have one place to go for phone hardware issues, enterprise AppleCare, while IBM makes sure MaaS360 works great with Iphone. Probably new features from MaaS360 and other IBM enterprise software will come to Iphones first perhaps even some exclusive ones tied to hardware like integration with Touch ID.
    sati01 likes this.
    07-15-14 07:11 PM
    Nobody wants a system where the client has to buy thousands of mobile devices from Apple and then hire another company to set them up and deploy them. It seems to me that there is value in not having to do that.
    Nayalm likes this.
    07-15-14 07:21 PM
    I'll be curious how this would work cause IBM have zero coding experience in iOS or even Mac OS. Are they simply gonna licence their applications to Apple?

Also IBM has tons of apps... we use them in banking. But boy... their service is horrible. We have since last year switched to CGI.

This partnership can take years before we can see results.

Posted via CB10
    Yasch22, NotGoodIMO and m1kr0 like this.
    07-15-14 07:33 PM
    I just don't understand why they think they can just come in the market and take it over.
    Why invent the iPhone when the smartphone market is so firmly dominated by Blackberries? Who in their right mind would want these gimmicky non-QWERTY devices?
    07-15-14 07:52 PM
    I'm very unsure I understand the true reasoning behind this deal.

Software-wise, I don't get it. Why does Apple need IBM to make apps? Why does Apple Care need to get into enterprises? Are they hurting hard in enterprises?

I won't go so far as to say desperation, but their Apple's branching out into different directions seems to show Cook's attempts to try and please everyone.

For IBM, it's a good move. Any more services they provide in the enterprise is gravy...

BBRY's strategy won't change. Hopefully we see lots of enterprise apps coming out.

Posted via CB10
    Yasch22 likes this.
    07-15-14 08:03 PM
    All i fined in this news is:
    BlackBerry under a turnaround strategy is still scaring the gudgeeprs out of giants(Apple) and colossal(IBM) lol
    wincyUt likes this.
    07-15-14 08:11 PM
    Now it makes sense why IBM dropped BlackBerry a few months ago and switched to iPhone.

Mikescraftbeer.com - C00012735/ Mike Garson Photography - C00471EA8
    07-15-14 08:23 PM
    This is one reason for a partnership. We need Amazon to sprinkle some of their magic dust on BlackBerry.

Amazon's Cloud Is One of the Fastest-Growing Software Businesses in History

Five billion dollars.
    That?s how much Amazon.com will rake in from its cloud computing business this year, according to a new estimate from Pacific Crest Securities. If true, it?s an incredible figure. It would mean that Amazon?s cloud revenue shot up 58 percent in a single year, from $3.1 billion in 2013. In a research note, Pacific Crest says it expects the business to keep growing at a clip, with revenue hitting $6.7 billion in 2015. (Amazon does not break out its cloud revenue figures.)
    The growth of Amazon?s cloud business is unprecedented, at least when compared to other business software ventures. It?s grown faster after hitting the $1 billion revenue mark than Microsoft, Oracle, and Salesforce.com. You would need to turn to Google?which had the advantage of the vast consumer market?to find a business that grew faster.

Most staggering to me is that Amazon?s cloud revenue now runs almost on par with VMware, which posted revenue of $5.2 billion last year. VMware has been the great story of the business software market over the past decade and an absolute sales juggernaut. It also totally reshaped the way customers structured their data centers and ran their applications. Amazon?s sales totals seem to confirm that the next era of computing has well and truly taken hold.
    One more data point is that Amazon?s quarterly cloud revenue is starting to approach that of the traditional server makers. Revenue of $1.25 billion per quarter would have Amazon rank as the fourth-largest server company, trailing Dell, IBM, and Hewlett-Packard, which respectively sell about $2 billion, $2.2 billion, and $2.9 billion worth of server hardware per quarter. (Not bad for a company that also sells jars of fat.)
    It?s these hardware companies that need to keep convincing customers to buy their machines rather than just rent their computing by the hour. And this sell will only get harder with Amazon bringing the equivalent of the one-click buying model to enterprise products.

Apple and IBM need to get moving or else.

Posted via CB10
    07-15-14 08:23 PM
362 1234 ...