Ahh - the store debate.

The harsh reality is that Apple's Apple Store chain has been built up slowly but surely over 15 years. And initially, it was started in part because it was hard to buy Apple products in stores at all. So they built a chain, slowly but surely over time.

Not sure such a risky, capital intensive project that takes time to build like that would be the right thing for BlackBerry. Just because Apple does, doesn't mean BlackBerry should too.
    05-24-14 08:37 AM
    Proxy as in business partners, not that internet proxy.

K.S.A did ask for full access to RIM, which they declined. Somehow they manage to continue operating, but of course later we know the K.S.A ordered the telcos to install a keylogger of some sort ( with ability to log calls and text, and MORE) on all legacy BlackBerry devices and pushed it as a 'software update'.
    RIM did not decline, your info is incorrect.

Posted via CB10
    05-24-14 08:45 AM
    RIM did not decline, your info is incorrect.

Posted via CB10
    So you're saying that K.S.A has full access to EVERY BIS and BES in Saudi Arabia?

I'm pretty sure that RIM did told K.S.A "sorry, even if we wanted to, we don't have the keys for the BES in K.S.A".
    05-24-14 11:33 AM
    So you're saying that K.S.A has full access to EVERY BIS and BES in Saudi Arabia?

I'm pretty sure that RIM did told K.S.A "sorry, even if we wanted to, we don't have the keys for the BES in K.S.A".
    Not BES, I'm talking BIS, who gives a **** about BES when all you want is to spy on your citizens?!

Posted via CB10
    05-24-14 01:41 PM
    Not BES, I'm talking BIS, who gives a **** about BES when all you want is to spy on your citizens?!

Posted via CB10
    you don't give two hoot's *** about BES. I care about the overall picture and the aftermath of what RIM gave, or did not gave, to KSA. Details are sketchy, but as far as I'm concerned, if I recall correctly this was hot on the heels of that bombing in India where the government of India also demanded a full access. In India, the compromise was to have BIS servers installed, where they (the government) can ask for access.

For K.S.A? I'm not sure, but there was at least one news (if news is any form of documentation that can be relied upon, but at least it was reported) that RIM denied K.S.A's access to the BIS and BES (because K.S.A wanted access to both)
    05-24-14 08:37 PM
    There is a Store just Not open to the public they have overhead to consider Not to mention shopblackberry.com Canad� is available now

Its Not like anyone will randomly enter one bb10. Phones have a learning Curve admited by chen himself It took Him mins to get used to It

If i was a random customer If You Dont grab me in the first 20secs its to the next phone

Thats how customers shop

Unless you know what you are looking for or a dedicated fan you aint going there
    And there isnt enough fans to keep stores open anyways
    Bbry is having trouble even getting fans to keep bbry open let alone buy all the millions of unsold and returned phones

First lesson of customer service grab your customers attention in the first 20secs

Bbry learned That the hardway over 2billion worth

And they still have the lowest customer satisfaction rating

Posted via CrackBerry App
    I agree untrained salemen. I wonder why RIM never had district salemen to train vendor staffs?
    05-25-14 08:23 AM
    you don't give two hoot's *** about BES. I care about the overall picture and the aftermath of what RIM gave, or did not gave, to KSA. Details are sketchy, but as far as I'm concerned, if I recall correctly this was hot on the heels of that bombing in India where the government of India also demanded a full access. In India, the compromise was to have BIS servers installed, where they (the government) can ask for access.

For K.S.A? I'm not sure, but there was at least one news (if news is any form of documentation that can be relied upon, but at least it was reported) that RIM denied K.S.A's access to the BIS and BES (because K.S.A wanted access to both)
    I live in KSA and I know RIM gave them access to BIS so please save the argument!

Posted via CB10
    05-25-14 09:12 AM
    I live in KSA and I know RIM gave them access to BIS so please save the argument!

Posted via CB10
    But that's the point isn't it?

A compromise was given, and I don't see how BlackBerry / RIM is that interested to change the status quo when the company itself is not in favour?
    05-25-14 07:01 PM
    Oh yeah I remember the servers posed an issue because many were using it to circumvent the Islamic ethics of the nation. I can confirm they eventually pushed an update that allowed them to sniff and intercept BIS connections. Not that it happens often or for that matter that they do/prosecute anything or anybody, it was just very symbolic act in part of.the ksa.

Posted via z30 STA100-5 the only high end business device on the market
    05-26-14 01:34 AM
    OP, do you really think that BlackBerry mgmt is oblivious to the market situation in KSA?. Just curious.

Posted via CB10
    05-26-14 11:42 AM
    Oh yeah I remember the servers posed an issue because many were using it to circumvent the Islamic ethics of the nation. I can confirm they eventually pushed an update that allowed them to sniff and intercept BIS connections. Not that it happens often or for that matter that they do/prosecute anything or anybody, it was just very symbolic act in part of.the ksa.

Posted via z30 STA100-5 the only high end business device on the market
    That was mainly due to terrorism back in the day when it was happening in KSA.

Posted via CB10
    05-26-14 02:39 PM
    I agree untrained salemen. I wonder why RIM never had district salemen to train vendor staffs?
    They did and they also used channel marketing firms.
    05-27-14 09:52 AM
37 12