Unfortunately, Apple will open their stores in Saudi Arabia while BlackBerry isn't planning even
    (Saudi Arabia one of the biggest countries using BB10, and Blackberry World proved that in the beginning of May)

Apple comming to K.S.A, while BlackBerry no plan-img_20140521_210009.png

Posted via CB10
    05-21-14 01:02 PM
    Apple comming to K.S.A, while BlackBerry no plan-img_20140521_210647.png

Posted via CB10
    05-21-14 01:08 PM
    Agree. A BlackBerry Store in Riyadh would be nice and I think it will do good business. Anybody from KSA in here with a different opinion?

Z10 STL100-1, OS 10.2.1.3175
    mossa210 likes this.
    05-21-14 01:08 PM
    What would consumers go to the stores for?

Posted via CB10
    scatteril likes this.
    05-21-14 01:23 PM
    Guess it will be for the same reasons the people in the UAE are visiting the Dubai store? Its a visible footprint.

05-21-14 02:40 PM
    What would consumers go to the stores for?

Posted via CB10
    With stores you'll have the new devices faster and better warranty, and also you'll be able to use online stores

One more tthine, the original accessories for your device

Posted via CB10
    05-22-14 04:44 PM
    There's no BlackBerry stores in Canada... where the company is located... just saying

Posted from my Q10 running on 1GB of RAM
    scatteril likes this.
    05-22-14 04:59 PM
    There's no BlackBerry stores in Canada... where the company is located... just saying

There's dwindling support for BlackBerry in Canada, just saying.

Stewartj1 likes this.
    05-22-14 05:00 PM

There is a Store just Not open to the public they have overhead to consider Not to mention shopblackberry.com Canad� is available now

Its Not like anyone will randomly enter one bb10. Phones have a learning Curve admited by chen himself It took Him mins to get used to It

If i was a random customer If You Dont grab me in the first 20secs its to the next phone

Thats how customers shop

Unless you know what you are looking for or a dedicated fan you aint going there
    And there isnt enough fans to keep stores open anyways
    Bbry is having trouble even getting fans to keep bbry open let alone buy all the millions of unsold and returned phones

First lesson of customer service grab your customers attention in the first 20secs

Bbry learned That the hardway over 2billion worth

And they still have the lowest customer satisfaction rating

Posted via CrackBerry App
    05-22-14 05:11 PM
    There's dwindling support for BlackBerry in Canada, just saying.

BlackBerry was once on top without a store. Just saying.

It could be that BlackBerry has deals with telcos to only sell through them. Apple can pull it off because of the non telco stuff they sell.

A slow climb to the top is always more rewarding. Sent using my BlackBerry Z10.
    05-22-14 05:18 PM
    Yes.Middle easterners always loved the design language of BlackBerry legacy devices. When I was in Dubai last month I saw many 9900 and 9780 in public. Q10 also lots there especially KSA.

I work in many regions for my business.The only region from which I get email replies with signature sent from BlackBerry 10 smartphone is from middle east and KSA.All region clients signature normally is sent from note 2,android phone,iphone 5s etc.

This is the sign of popularity of BlackBerry 10 phones among business users in KSA.BlackBerry for sure should open an exclusive BlackBerry 10 phone store in Riyadh or Jeddah.

Posted from my Black Beast Q10
    m1kr0 and mossa210 like this.
    05-23-14 12:51 AM
    BlackBerry was once on top without a store. Just saying.

It could be that BlackBerry has deals with telcos to only sell through them. Apple can pull it off because of the non telco stuff they sell.

A slow climb to the top is always more rewarding. Sent using my BlackBerry Z10.
    The debate to have physical stores or not to have can be a long one. Most of the other players do operate their own stores and perhaps for a good reason. BlackBerry is in no position to go that route right now. I'm not advocating BB must open new stores in every major city because their balance sheet will not tolerate this given their current market penetration, but perhaps target the remaining regions with more robust support?

05-23-14 01:26 AM
    You have to remember that BlackBerry had a running battle with the K.S.A government some years back.

The K.S.A government wanted BlackBerry to open in its servers to the kingdom.

So that might be a reason why BlackBerry is a bit sceptical to do business directly in K.S.A

Posted Via CB10 Using Z10 Running OS 10.3.0.296
    scatteril and Gatmyer like this.
    05-23-14 01:35 AM
    You have to remember that BlackBerry had a running battle with the K.S.A government some years back.

So that might be a reason why BlackBerry is a bit sceptical to do business directly in K.S.A

Well they did open them so no harm there, these stores will benefit BlackBerry more than anything.

Posted via CB10
    05-23-14 04:20 AM
    I totally agree! We definitely need a store in Saudi Arabia, it's a headache to wait to go Dubai to get anything BlackBerry, I have been trying to buy a Z10 in Saudi Arabia for my sister and I never found one, searched almost every Shop in Saudi Arabia! ( and they say there are tons of Z10 unsold stock at BlackBerry? )

Posted via CB10
    05-23-14 04:24 AM

Yes, but that was several years ago and am sure the got an agreement

But also you have to remember the same thing in the same year it happened with UAE and you can see Dubai store right now

So nothing impossible with business

Posted via CB10
    05-23-14 07:25 AM
    Yes.Middle easterners always loved the design language of BlackBerry legacy devices. When I was in Dubai last month I saw many 9900 and 9780 in public. Q10 also lots there especially KSA.

I work in many regions for my business.The only region from which I get email replies with signature sent from BlackBerry 10 smartphone is from middle east and KSA.All region clients signature normally is sent from note 2,android phone,iphone 5s etc.

This is the sign of popularity of BlackBerry 10 phones among business users in KSA.BlackBerry for sure should open an exclusive BlackBerry 10 phone store in Riyadh or Jeddah.

Posted from my Black Beast Q10
    Yes, BB10 is very popular here and there are many signs proved that

Posted via CB10
    05-23-14 07:28 AM
    If I recall correctly, for legacy BIS devices the K.S.A (Kingdom of Saudi Arabia) demanded full, unrevoked, unblocked access to entire BIS and BES data that went through / is in the country.

Naturally RIM (back then) obliged NOT TO do that.

Could explain why BlackBerry doesn't want to, or is being forced not to, be entering the country, except via proxy.

I still remember the news when some of the telcos in Saudi Arabia were caught red handed installing some sort of keylogger, that was also firmly embedded in the firmware.

and BlackBerry tried VERY HARD to distance themselves from it.

Memories, memories...
    05-23-14 07:42 AM
    If I recall correctly, for legacy BIS devices the K.S.A (Kingdom of Saudi Arabia) demanded full, unrevoked, unblocked access to entire BIS and BES data that went through / is in the country.

Naturally RIM (back then) obliged NOT TO do that.

Could explain why BlackBerry doesn't want to, or is being forced not to, be entering the country, except via proxy.

I still remember the news when some of the telcos in Saudi Arabia were caught red handed installing some sort of keylogger, that was also firmly embedded in the firmware.

and BlackBerry tried VERY HARD to distance themselves from it.

Memories, memories...
    I have no idea what you're saying, RIM said YES because they couldn't afford losing all those customers in Saudi Arabia ( you can't imagine how insanely popular BlackBerry was in Saudi Arabia ) people use to wear them on their necks with a strap!

And about the proxy part, no, we even have BBM Voice and Channels working normally.

Posted via CB10
    05-23-14 11:10 AM
    That explains why Blackberry is losing so much market share... all those damn ANDROID STORES with the direct purchasing and warranty repairs are just destroying BB's sales.

Right.

You don't need a store to be successful, Apple can afford the overhead and offers more than just phones to its consumers. BB doesn't operate in this way whatsoever and it would cost them dearly to try.

Try to educate yourself before making useless threads and wasting Crackberry's bandwidth.
    surrealsounds likes this.
    05-23-14 11:40 AM
    That explains why Blackberry is losing so much market share... all those damn ANDROID STORES with the direct purchasing and warranty repairs are just destroying BB's sales.

Right.

You don't need a store to be successful, Apple can afford the overhead and offers more than just phones to its consumers. BB doesn't operate in this way whatsoever and it would cost them dearly to try.

Try to educate yourself before making useless threads and wasting Crackberry's bandwidth.
    What's with the attitude? A BlackBerry store will do quite a bit of change in the Saudi market, look at the Dubai store, it gets a lot of visits daily, if you don't like the thread, please guide yourself to the door.

Posted via CB10
    05-23-14 11:53 AM
    When Apple announced their retail store plans they were widely criticized and with some justification. Until then no one was having success with brick and mortar stores. Even now only Microsoft really even tries – the Sony stores aren't exactly a shining example. Apple's stores are also as much about the experience and expectations for the brand. BlackBerry hasn't yet built up anything along that line to be able to exploit it.

BlackBerry would be annihilated in a year if they tried to open and maintain their own physical stores. Too expensive, too much overhead, not enough product lines and accessories to stock such stores, not enough sales. Sure, it's nice for a fan to drop by and browse and gush but it doesn't really help the company.

Don't forget the negative impact on local resellers either.
    05-23-14 12:29 PM
    When Apple announced their retail store plans they were widely criticized and with some justification. Until then no one was having success with brick and mortar stores. Even now only Microsoft really even tries � the Sony stores aren't exactly a shining example. Apple's stores are also as much about the experience and expectations for the brand. BlackBerry hasn't yet built up anything along that line to be able to exploit it.

BlackBerry would be annihilated in a year if they tried to open and maintain their own physical stores. Too expensive, too much overhead, not enough product lines and accessories to stock such stores, not enough sales. Sure, it's nice for a fan to drop by and browse and gush but it doesn't really help the company.

Don't forget the negative impact on local resellers either.
    It's not for fans, if for example I see a HTC Store ( I know they don't exist ) I will go to check the new M8, and maybe I will like it and buy it.

Also local resellers are ****! They don't stock all BlackBerry phones and are overpriced.

Posted via CB10
    05-23-14 12:42 PM

Right.

We hope to have a stores to get the last products from blackberry, and to have warranties for devices with better quality of repairing. Finally, if you are not interested in the discussion you can leave for others

Posted via CB10
    05-23-14 02:42 PM
    I have no idea what you're saying, RIM said YES because they couldn't afford losing all those customers in Saudi Arabia ( you can't imagine how insanely popular BlackBerry was in Saudi Arabia ) people use to wear them on their necks with a strap!

And about the proxy part, no, we even have BBM Voice and Channels working normally.

Posted via CB10
    Proxy as in business partners, not that internet proxy.

K.S.A did ask for full access to RIM, which they declined. Somehow they manage to continue operating, but of course later we know the K.S.A ordered the telcos to install a keylogger of some sort ( with ability to log calls and text, and MORE) on all legacy BlackBerry devices and pushed it as a 'software update'.
    05-24-14 08:33 AM
37 12