From arstechnica

Other iOS 9 additions include a newly unveiled Quick Type keyboard. "What makes a multitouch keyboard so special is that it can transform�when you want to move the cursor or make a selection, put two fingers on the keyboard and it becomes a trackpad,"*Federighi said. The idea is to allow for editing quickly without your fingers leaving the home row. Rather than fiddling with long presses and slowly moving the parameters of a copy and paste highlight, using the trackpad you can move the cursor, make selections, cut, drag, and paste.

Posted via CB10
    06-08-15 02:07 PM
    oh boy, Apple is innovating again. Stop the presses!!! LOL!
    06-08-15 02:32 PM
    From arstechnica

Other iOS 9 additions include a newly unveiled Quick Type keyboard. "The idea is to allow for editing quickly without your fingers leaving the home row. Rather than fiddling with long presses and slowly moving the parameters of a copy and paste highlight, using the trackpad you can move the cursor, make selections, cut, drag, and paste."
    THIS is what having a toolbelt with trackpad on a device gives you without requiring the gesticulations and dexterity. I'm very interested to see how it works and how, if possible, it could be better than a purpose-built device like BlackBerry's trackpad.

...and I'd say this is less about "BlackBerry PKB features" than it is about "BlackBerry pointer movement features".
    06-08-15 02:37 PM
    Very interesting from apple, will have to see when it comes out to make judgements

Posted via CB10
    06-08-15 02:40 PM
    ..."innovating" you mean...? ;-)

�   HaPPy Queen's Birthday weekend...   �
    Thachoc1 likes this.
    06-08-15 03:23 PM
    So when is Blackberry bringing this to their virtual keyboard?
    06-08-15 03:32 PM
    I don't see the use in a virtual track pad on a touch screen phone.

Posted via CB10
    NYTOC83 likes this.
    06-08-15 03:38 PM
    BlackBerry's virtual keyboard is busy being the best virtual keyboard of any device or platform. Not to mention this feature sounds useless
    06-08-15 03:40 PM

Posted via CB10
    Are you just saying that cuz your die hard bb? I can actually see this going a long way but again let's reserve judgement till we actually see it.

Mad_Mdx you could bring no arguments against this new feature so you took the time to remind everyone how bb is the best.

I Flippin hate some crackberry people

Posted via CB10
    06-08-15 03:54 PM

Posted via CB10
    The feature is iPad-only.
    oystersourced and brian4591 like this.
    06-08-15 04:27 PM
    How many times is Apple going to try and rip-off Blackberry ideas and functionality?

Posted on my New BlackBerry Classic
    06-08-15 05:35 PM
    Are you just saying that cuz your die hard bb? I can actually see this going a long way but again let's reserve judgement till we actually see it.

Mad_Mdx you could bring no arguments against this new feature so you took the time to remind everyone how bb is the best.

I Flippin hate some crackberry people

Posted via CB10
    A virtual track pad on a touch screen device blows my mind, from a UX point of view and not because of any allegiances. I own six Apple devices.

Posted via CB10
    sentimentGX4 and Bishkin like this.
    06-08-15 06:20 PM

Posted via CB10
    I got the impression that this was mainly going to be an iPad feature.
    06-08-15 06:44 PM
    06-08-15 06:46 PM
    I don't see how any touchscreen device would benefit from a virtual touch/trackpad.

Is it April 1st again?

Posted via CB10
    06-08-15 07:16 PM
    BlackBerry should have had this feature from DAY 1.

I would find this *very* useful on my Z30. It's keyboard is big enough for this to make sense in its 5" screen.

And now BlackBerry has the OS support due to modifications made for the Classic toolbelt and Passport capacitive keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    06-08-15 07:19 PM
    Sounds like it to me. I'm looking forward to this on the iPad. It will make it a lot easier to type I think. I'm not sure what this has to do with BB. I have a q10 so may be missing something but I wasn't aware of BB having this feature.
    06-08-15 07:48 PM
    How many times is Apple going to try and rip-off Blackberry ideas and functionality?

Posted on my New BlackBerry Classic
    What are they ripping off here precisely? Virtual keyboards? Go ahead and say that.
    sentimentGX4 and techvisor like this.
    06-08-15 07:49 PM
    From arstechnica

Other iOS 9 additions include a newly unveiled Quick Type keyboard. "What makes a multitouch keyboard so special is that it can transform�when you want to move the cursor or make a selection, put two fingers on the keyboard and it becomes a trackpad,"*Federighi said. The idea is to allow for editing quickly without your fingers leaving the home row. Rather than fiddling with long presses and slowly moving the parameters of a copy and paste highlight, using the trackpad you can move the cursor, make selections, cut, drag, and paste.

Posted via CB10
    What Blackberry has a virtual trackpad that can be turned on and off? What Blackberry feature does this copy. Every time apple or google or virtually anyone else comes out with something people here claim they are copying from BB. What is it here?
    sentimentGX4 and techvisor like this.
    06-08-15 07:57 PM
    Now imagine if BlackBerry had implemented the virtual track pad when people were asking for it over two years ago. Guess those stickers in BBM were way more important!

Posted via Z30
    techvisor and MarsupilamiX like this.
    06-08-15 07:58 PM
    not sure it is apple stealing from BB this time...

I saw it on jailbroken iphone/ipad that someone made a keyboard that lets people move cursor a while back ago around 2013 or something (way before passport came out, at least to my knowledge)

I don't mind bashing apple, but I'll do it because the products are slimy, but not because they are copying something since everyone does that
    06-08-15 07:59 PM
    There is no need to panic, does BB even have this feature at all. If not, BB can always do something similar.
    06-08-15 08:13 PM
    Now imagine if BlackBerry had implemented the virtual track pad when people were asking for it over two years ago. Guess those stickers in BBM were way more important!

Posted via Z30
    I remember reading about that as a request for PlayBook touch screen written as one of Kevin's editorials.

Posted via CB10
    06-08-15 08:15 PM

Posted via Z30
    BBM Stickers have made BlackBerry a lot of money, this solitary feature will not make Apple a lot of money.

Posted via CB10
    06-08-15 09:17 PM
    That would make more sense. On a phone is it really that handy to stop typing, grab the phone with one hand so you can use two fingers to scroll with the other hand, then change positions to continue typing?

Two handed gestures on any platform on any phone seem like a pain in the **** to me.

Posted via CB10
    06-08-15 09:28 PM
93 123 ...