With iOS or Android, you have access to a much more robust selection of apps than you'd get with RT. So there wouldn't be much of a sting. With RT, you're limited to the Windows Store, which to be quite frank, is severely limited. If there wasn't an option to run desktop apps, I probably wouldn't touch a Windows tablet until their store improved drastically.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    The Windows Store isn't honestly that bad. I'm not saying that it's as good as iOS or Android, but the top apps are there. But one thing to note is that the Windows Store for Windows Phone is actually VERY good, but I will admit that the Windows Store for Windows could use work, but it isn't horrible.
    04-05-14 11:05 AM
    The Windows Store isn't honestly that bad. I'm not saying that it's as good as iOS or Android, but the top apps are there. But one thing to note is that the Windows Store for Windows Phone is actually VERY good, but I will admit that the Windows Store for Windows could use work, but it isn't horrible.
    I will concede that mileage may vary. From my observations so far, the Windows stores would serve well those customers that are dedicated to using Microsoft services. But for those that utilize services other than Bing, Skydrive, OneNote, etc... it can become a bit challenging.
    ajst222 likes this.
    04-05-14 02:28 PM
    I will concede that mileage may vary. From my observations so far, the Windows stores would serve well those customers that are dedicated to using Microsoft services. But for those that utilize services other than Bing, Skydrive, OneNote, etc... it can become a bit challenging.
    I think the one thing that would really benefit the Windows Store is all of the Google apps. Even though I doubt Google will develop their own apps any time soon, they recently just released API's to developers so at least some clients should be available
    DenverRalphy likes this.
    04-05-14 02:53 PM
    I think the one thing that would really benefit the Windows Store is all of the Google apps. Even though I doubt Google will develop their own apps any time soon, they recently just released API's to developers so at least some clients should be available
    Yup yup. G+, Maps,and Hangouts alone would make me a happy camper. A competent Drive and Gmail client would really make me happy (though those two API's have always been open so don't know why they're so poorly supported).
    04-05-14 03:25 PM
    Yup yup. G+, Maps,and Hangouts alone would make me a happy camper. A competent Drive and Gmail client would really make me happy (though those two API's have always been open so don't know why they're so poorly supported).
    Really? I didn't know that Drive and Gmail's API's have been out there. But I don't use either. I used to use Gmail but a little over a year ago I switched to Outlook and adapted (then) SkyDrive. I already used OneNote, Office, Skype, and Bing so all of these combined led me more into Windows.

There is a Google search app though on Windows...I do know that much, but for those who already use services such as Google Drive, Google+ (all 5 of them lmao), and Hangouts, I definitely get that it might be tough to switch to a Surface 2 over an iPad or Android tablet.
    04-05-14 03:40 PM
    Really? I didn't know that Drive and Gmail's API's have been out there. But I don't use either. I used to use Gmail but a little over a year ago I switched to Outlook and adapted (then) SkyDrive. I already used OneNote, Office, Skype, and Bing so all of these combined led me more into Windows.

There is a Google search app though on Windows...I do know that much, but for those who already use services such as Google Drive, Google+ (all 5 of them lmao), and Hangouts, I definitely get that it might be tough to switch to a Surface 2 over an iPad or Android tablet.
    Drive definitely has an API available, as apps like Safe In Cloud uses it. As for Gmail, I know it's available somewhat. There are a couple Win 8 apps that utilize the Smart-tab/Smart-label features for Gmail... just not reliably so. I dunno if that's due to an only partial API availability, or just faulty coding from the app developers who are currently trying to implement the features.
    04-05-14 03:50 PM
    Off-topic, but I just want you all to know that it should be "complementary", and not "complimenting".

"Compliment" is to verbally/literally express appreciation or gratitude for another person. "You're looking pretty today."

"Complement" is to go along with or complete another thing. Like the PlayBook completes the BlackBerry experience.

On-topic: Yeah, I want a new tablet that complements my Z10 properly.

Mmm...CB10! Just the tip though...
    04-05-14 07:30 PM
    Off-topic, but I just want you all to know that it should be "complementary", and not "complimenting".

"Compliment" is to verbally/literally express appreciation or gratitude for another person. "You're looking pretty today."

"Complement" is to go along with or complete another thing. Like the PlayBook completes the BlackBerry experience.

On-topic: Yeah, I want a new tablet that complements my Z10 properly.

Mmm...CB10! Just the tip though...
    Lol!! Thanks for the correction. Points noted.

Posted via CB10
    Nharzhool likes this.
    04-05-14 08:45 PM
83 ... 234