The latest from BlackBerry's social media as of October 2, 2013

Apparently you can use your BlackBerry as a phone!-6832773f-dd3e-41bc-929e-6b2595ea45d0.jpg

This is what it's come to now.
    10-02-13 11:01 AM
    Sad, Isn't it.
    richardat likes this.
    10-02-13 11:05 AM
    They need to stop trying to be witty.

Just clear messages that show features of BB10. Period.
    10-02-13 11:08 AM
    I've never been able to bring myself to use the word "liaise," so it's a good thing talk is available.
    10-02-13 11:08 AM
    Sad, Isn't it.
    Yup, and disturbing.
    10-02-13 11:09 AM
    Maybe I'm missing something but what is wrong with that. It is kind of a "get back to basics" message as well as one that makes the point that BlackBerry is not strictly a device for professionals and others who use buzzwords like "liaise". Personally, I like this one.
    10-02-13 11:11 AM
    ridiculous
    10-02-13 11:32 AM
    Yup, and disturbing.
    not as disturbing as blackberry's last prophecy, I mean ad.

Apparently you can use your BlackBerry as a phone!-playbook_4_400.jpg
    10-02-13 11:35 AM
    Maybe I'm missing something but what is wrong with that. It is kind of a "get back to basics" message as well as one that makes the point that BlackBerry is not strictly a device for professionals and others who use buzzwords like "liaise". Personally, I like this one.
    The message may be clever to some but the timing is wrong. With only 1.7 million shipped last quarter they need to focus on getting BB10 devices into the hands of people first.

Even in a death spiral, BlackBerry still appears unable/unwilling to produce an extensive cohesive sales-oriented marketing effort across all channels.
    10-02-13 11:52 AM
    Smartphones have evolved long past the basics. Thos is really pathetic. PAY a small fortune just to be able to talk on the phone...

Posted via CB10
    10-02-13 11:57 AM
    Terrible advertisement.

1. No mention of BlackBerry. Are they so naive or 'arrogant' to assume the average person correlates the logo with BlackBerry?

2. Talk to people?

3. Liaise?

Hahahaha
    10-02-13 12:51 PM
    I really don't want to believe that the person who made that advertisement actually got paid for it.
    richardat and BerryWizard like this.
    10-02-13 01:21 PM
    I bet the competition wishes their phone can do that.

Blackberry: Getting stuff done with tools, not toys.
    10-02-13 01:28 PM
    Smartphones have evolved long past the basics. Thos is really pathetic. PAY a small fortune just to be able to talk on the phone...
    I think you are reading a bit too much into that. It isn't saying that talking on the phone is all you can do with it (although IT IS STILL a phone). Just as you have pointed out, smartphones have evolved, so too does the way we "talk" to each other. Again, and I know I am in the minority, I like it.
    BBVegasGirl80 likes this.
    10-02-13 01:35 PM
    You're right on the money. It's a well implemented ad. It's cooler than BB's usual fare.
    canuckvoip likes this.
    10-02-13 02:15 PM
    anyone care to explain what this ad is about? not really sure what is the point.

telling you to call ppl?
    richardat likes this.
    10-02-13 02:34 PM
    It's on their Facebook page. Of course people are going to recognize it as a BlackBerry when they?re on the BlackBerry Facebook page. Are you being deliberately obtuse?

Posted via CB10
    10-02-13 02:34 PM
    I agree with the getting-back-to-basics concept. Using social media to inspire people to forgo said media and actually talk to people can only be a good thing. Maybe the ad needs more polishing to expand on the concept, but it's still a very solid concept.
    canuckvoip and Vorkosigan like this.
    10-02-13 02:46 PM
    they are least concerned what **** they are doing
    10-02-13 02:48 PM
    They're trying to tell people to connect with others...nice ad...and no it Does NOT imply that the phone can be used to make calls as ell...seriously? Little less dumbness please?

Posted via CB10
    10-02-13 02:55 PM
    Oh I thought the point was that BBRY was running out of clients and the staff were talking to [recruitment] people?
    richardat likes this.
    10-02-13 03:01 PM
    They're trying to tell people to connect with others...nice ad...and no it Does NOT imply that the phone can be used to make calls as ell...seriously? Little less dumbness please?

Posted via CB10
    so in another word this is a pointless and useless ad. great way to sell your phone.
    richardat likes this.
    10-02-13 03:11 PM
    Terrible advertisement.

1. No mention of BlackBerry. Are they so naive or 'arrogant' to assume the average person correlates the logo with BlackBerry?

2. Talk to people?

3. Liaise?

Hahahaha
    Its on their twitter feed. If you see it there and don't know which company is being advertised, you've got bigger issues.
    10-02-13 03:15 PM
    so in another word this is a pointless and useless ad. great way to sell your phone.
    "So in another word", attempting to troll your way through to a nonexistent point isn't going to work here.
    10-02-13 03:17 PM
    There's NOTHING wrong with this ad!
    I can tell you that in our office we are constantly reminding our sales, service, and technical staff to "get on the phone" and deal with XYZ live. People are forgetting how important it is to have that real time contact with customers and/or suppliers. Emails can be ignored in this busy world of BUSINESS.
    10-02-13 03:21 PM
62 123