In NY all the time. Makes me soo happy!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-02-08 09:28 PM
    no later than a hour ago i had 3 commercials in the row in the same commercial breack about blackberry: one form at&t then verizon and to finish sprint.. that s sick
    06-02-08 09:32 PM
    There are soooo many commercials for blackberry right now!! Makes me want a new one every time I see them.... LOL
    Ha, I'm glad to know I'm not the only one!!!
    06-02-08 09:37 PM
    I think a lot of it also has to do with the pearl being more appealing to your average user, not just your powerhouse business person. As well, the price drop on the pearl to usually under $100 on a new three year means many individuals whom would have never considered a smartphone can afford one. As well, data and all in one plans (e.g. Telus $30 net, email, txt, etc.) for a low price contributes to the over all mass marketability to the average consumer.
    06-02-08 09:41 PM
    We're seeing more BB commericals here in Alabama. I have an 8830 but seeing any BB on tv makes me smile!
    06-02-08 09:46 PM
    Jerry u live near sarasota fl ?? Lol kiddin!!

06-02-08 09:49 PM
    I think a lot of it also has to do with the pearl being more appealing to your average user, not just your powerhouse business person. As well, the price drop on the pearl to usually under $100 on a new three year means many individuals whom would have never considered a smartphone can afford one. As well, data and all in one plans (e.g. Telus $30 net, email, txt, etc.) for a low price contributes to the over all mass marketability to the average consumer.
    I get what you're saying Janye; but the scary part about price dropping is that I know so many people who are technologically challenged and they're now running around w/ BB Pearls and dont have a clue what to do with them; besides make a phone call.
    06-02-08 09:54 PM
    lots of BB commercials here in Tucson Arizona.
    06-02-08 10:00 PM
    lots of BB commercials here in Tucson Arizona.
    Welcome to the Crack!
    06-02-08 10:02 PM
    Oh, even my husband has noticed the increase in blackberry commercials and print ads! HE was pointing them out to ME in the Sunday paper this weekend. (He's quite jealous of Pearly and usually resistant to any discussion of anything blackberry related). He was asking me about the curve and whether it was better than mine. Then he said he thought that blackberries were beating iPhones in popularity. So I said to him, "What next? You gonna join Crackberry?" The kids were totally torn up over that one! They just thought I was hilarious!!

I've noticed that many of the carriers' ads are VERY blackberry focused. They don't include blackberry as a part of the highlighted phones, the ads are about blackberry completely. I just noticed this a few nights ago, especially from Verison and AT&T...

Is this a preemptive strike against the new iPhone?

06-02-08 10:23 PM
    I get what you're saying Janye; but the scary part about price dropping is that I know so many people who are technologically challenged and they're now running around w/ BB Pearls and dont have a clue what to do with them; besides make a phone call.
    Focus on the positive, more money in RIM's pocket, more money they can spend on R&D, which leads to just plain better phones. At least that's the way it's supposed to work.
    06-02-08 10:49 PM
    This morning while watching the morning news and waiting to see how bad in this world are, a US Cellular ad graced the airwaves. Apparently if your purchase one of their BB Pearls, you get 4 free (pick your choice) of some other phone, i.e. razor flip something or other, etc. These carriers are not crazy, they know what people want and the world needs more BB. I just that was interesting, �we will give you 4 of these other crap phones if you purchase this kick a$$ Pearl.� LMAO
    06-03-08 08:43 AM
    Focus on the positive, more money in RIM's pocket, more money they can spend on R&D, which leads to just plain better phones. At least that's the way it's supposed to work.
    I agree 100%. There are a few other guys in the office that everytime the pick up my phone, they keep saying I should get one. Well no (blank). I know, I know what am I letting them do touching my phone. It is ok. It is password protected, They might screw something up!!! HA HA HA
    06-03-08 08:46 AM
    I've seen them a few times on TV in New York City.
    06-03-08 09:06 AM
    I think a lot of it also has to do with the pearl being more appealing to your average user, not just your powerhouse business person.
    I agree. As much as I dislike Apple, I think they were smart to recognize the value that smartphones have to the mainstream buyers. I think RIM now sees this too and is using its excellent brand and technology to target the mainstream with its products.

I feel like this is just the beginning though. With Apple moving to target business users with new iPhone software (especially exchange support), and RIM possibly expanding its product line to include touchscreen models (such as the often rumored Thunder), the two companies are moving into direct competition. We should see a lot of 3G iPhone ads after its announcement on the 9'th. I can't wait to see what RIM is working on to fire back.
    06-03-08 10:17 AM
    I have noticed a huge influx of BB commercials.
    06-03-08 10:19 AM
    I haven't tried to keep count but it seems like since the 8330 was released I've been seeing BlackBerry commercials more than any other cellphone, period. Just a month ago I couldn't remember EVER seeing a BlackBerry commercial AT ALL. Now I see a BB commercial at least once every 15-30 minutes. Especially during NBA playoff games and on ABC.
    06-03-08 11:37 AM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD