I've just bought the new bold 9900 after having iPhones for the last few years am really disappointed with choice of apps available compared to the iPhone and other aniriod phones why is that
    02-08-12 02:57 AM
    You wouldn't have been disappointed, had you researched, prior to purchase, about the availability of apps/list of available apps in the Appworld.
    02-08-12 03:20 AM
    No doubt that the BB pales in comparison as to the wide range of apps availability with the iphone.

However, at least as far as I am concerned, do I really need those hundreds or even thousands of apps?

The answer is in negative for me, thus, I still purchased a 9900.

Again, like with any other product comparison, you cant win all categories. As to iphone vs. bb, there are tons of threads that talks about this and that has showed that they both have their own pros and cons.

Give it a few days, if not weeks, and you might just see why there's this rave about the 9900
    02-08-12 03:34 AM
    Blackberry's aint toys.

There was a survey someone posted here recently showing that the majority only use about 6 apps frequently. The rest just sit in the back ground doing nothing on our phones.
    02-08-12 03:44 AM
    Blackberry's aint toys.

There was a survey someone posted here recently showing that the majority only use about 6 apps frequently. The rest just sit in the back ground doing nothing on our phones.
    Agree with your post Ben but you really need to move on from the "Iphone toy" argument. That is SO fanboy-ish and totally false. Case in point: I use google maps often to check traffic flows or directions. Although my Torch does a good job of it, Iphone is MUCH better updating and rendering the maps.

Back to the OP, I can tell you that I've always been a big critic of BB - sort of like the dad that loves his kid but wants him to be better and improve. However, seriously how many apps do we need out there? I haven't counted but I must have about 20 or so that meet my every need. So the other 499,980 are useless to me.

I do agree that there's a better chance of finding that unique app you're looking for from a choice of 500K apps then 50K but I think we pretty much have covered 99.999% of our needs when we reached 10K!

What is more accurate is that the quality of apps are better in IOS but that is a function of the OS, not the store. Also, not that I have confirmed it myself but some say the pricing is cheaper than what we get in AppWorld.

Trust me when I say you'll probably find what you need even with the smaller selection.
    02-08-12 07:40 AM
    sorry to hear that~ maybe you can reading the instructions first or google the information in detail to learn the product completely then enjoy some funny and useful software&appliance it support with other users online.after that,there are may some surprise.
    02-09-12 03:36 AM
    Research pays off when you do it OP. I'm no app person, I did research before I got my first blackberry and stuck with it since, after two upgrades.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com using Tapatalk
    02-09-12 04:45 AM
    I have 19 apps on my Bold 9780 -
    Poynt
    Foursquare
    Google maps
    Twitter
    Berryweather - paid for
    Facebook
    Wikitude
    Whatapp
    BlackBerry Protect
    Ispeech translater -free gift
    Sky news
    V Lingo - free gift
    Super Popup - paid for
    My NGR
    Quick Launch - the best - paid for
    Docs to Go Pro - paid for
    MSN
    DuoBerry
    Camera Timer

and one theme - paid for
    Use Quicklaunch, Twitter, Foursquare, Berryweather and BBM daily daily
    02-09-12 05:00 AM
    What is more accurate is that the quality of apps are better in IOS but that is a function of the OS, not the store. Also, not that I have confirmed it myself but some say the pricing is cheaper than what we get in AppWorld.

Trust me when I say you'll probably find what you need even with the smaller selection.
    Not necessarily so, IOS apps are better visually but Blackberry apps integrate far deeper into the OS, I can easily share a twitt to my facebook without having to open the facebook app or do any copying or pasting or vice versa.
    02-09-12 05:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD