So I bought an app from Blackberry world and it sucks. It's buggy and pretty much useless as it stops working if you drop it into an active tile, or if the screen times out. Is there any way to 'return' it and get a refund or credit to app world?
    04-20-13 01:11 PM
    Contact the developer to see what he/she can do for you. Should be links in app world
    04-20-13 01:19 PM
    Generally they send out an email when you purchase an app with developer contact information.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-13 02:05 PM
    I bought one and it didn't download correctly and wanted me to pay again. I email the dev 2 times and never got a response. That is a bad dev.
    04-20-13 02:43 PM
    I bought one and it didn't download correctly and wanted me to pay again. I email the dev 2 times and never got a response. That is a bad dev.
    The developer has no control over the payments, and doesn't even get contact information for people who purchase the app. You need to contact BlackBerry instead of the developer.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-13 03:03 PM
    Contact [email protected] with your receipt and explain the issues when you ask for refund.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-13 03:59 PM
    I got a refund from a dev before it was 99 cents but it def was from the developer
    04-20-13 04:02 PM
    There is a specific form on blackberry.com (under support / AppWorld support) which needs to be completed when asking for refunds.

If you provide good enough reason blackberry is very reasonable and will issue refund.

Unfortunately (or fortunately) all app distribution and billing is handled by bbry and developer can only help with application specific issues.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-13 04:03 PM
    I went to the refund form, located at https://consumersupport.webapps.blac...ommerce/refund, and filled out the entire form. It gave me the error message 'An unknown error occurred processing your refund request. Please try again later.

Have tried this on a number of days, on my Playbook, a desktop and a laptop. I do not believe this page even works.

I doubt seriously if I will ever get my money back. The app name was Data Recovery Manager, by Lycon. They don't seem to have any apps that actually work. But I'll bet they make a ton on volume of sales.
    04-27-13 11:34 AM
    Xopher is right, developers have NO involvement in the payments, other than eventually receiving their portion of the revenue if the sale actually goes through.

We have no visibility into problems with payment, no control over any of the systems involved, nor even knowledge of which app you tried purchasing (for those users who say simply "I tried to buy your app" as though we might not have more than one).

For those who say an install failed and you were then asked to purchase again, likely one of the two following things has happened.

One possibility is that you hit a widely seen bug in BlackBerry World where the download failed and it's showing you "Purchase" again instead of "Download". Good news in that case! Just hit Purchase again, enter your BBID password if asked, but do NOT click Buy Now again if you see the confirmation dialog, with the price, taxes, and your payment method. 19 times out of 20, after you hit Purchase and re-enter your BBID, the download will simply begin again and the app will install, without you being double-billed. (If this doesn't work, reboot and try once more before emailing anyone.) The short version: hitting Purchase does not bill you, so you can always hit that safely. Just pay attention to what happens after.

The other main possibility is that the first sale really did not go through. You'll always get a receipt email shortly after it does, so if you didn't get one of those it's nearly certain you were NOT charged, in which case you can just try the purchase over again (preferably after a reboot).

In no case should you email developers about these problems, because we can do nothing about it (except give you the above suggestions), and almost certainly have not got your money.
    04-27-13 01:50 PM
    So I bought an app from Blackberry world and it sucks. It's buggy and pretty much useless as it stops working if you drop it into an active tile, or if the screen times out. Is there any way to 'return' it and get a refund or credit to app world?
    If you have used PayPal to pay for the app you can start a PayPal claim. I did it once for a Facebook chat app that didn't work.

Posted via CB10
    04-27-13 02:41 PM
    I got a refund from a dev before it was 99 cents but it def was from the developer
    Developer really cannot do anything on refund issue. Developer do not have authority to modify sales transaction. Contact App World or fill in the form as suggested.
    04-28-13 09:00 AM
    Developer really cannot do anything on refund issue. Developer do not have authority to modify sales transaction. Contact App World or fill in the form as suggested.
    then why did I get my 99 cents wired to my paypal account from a dev when I made the purchass with my credit card ?
    05-02-13 09:53 AM
    then why did I get my 99 cents wired to my paypal account from a dev when I made the purchass with my credit card ?
    It is correct developer has absolutely no insight into the individual purchases. We get monthly statements which breaks down number of purchases per application, per country, but the total is aggregated.

Even though we don't get many requests for refunds (as a matter of fact we've recently ran a query against our support mailbox and only had 3 asks for a refund in the past 12 months -- 1 of them was purchased on two BB IDs by accident) in one occasion we decided to just do a straight $1.99 PayPal transfer to the person out of a good will. Basically we lost the 30% commission BBRY takes on a transaction ($0.60) but we thought its better to take a hit ;-) than have customer unhappy they spent money on something they do not find use for.

Maybe this is a similar case which explains why you received refund from developer directly.
    05-02-13 11:07 AM
    Try emailing [email protected] instead with receipts attached

Posted via CB10
    05-02-13 11:12 AM