I have an unlocked Tour 9630, using it only for GSM pre-paid. With one network the APN works fine on all phones including the BB. On another operator, the APN works fine in all phones except the BB ...with and without "APN Authentication Enabled"... the Diagnostics Test always shows "RadioData Activation: No".

My question is: since the Tour is not officially sold and supported by this GSM operator, could it be that they block data access on it? Or maybe this network only allows data to be passed via BIS/BES and blocks all APN data on BlackBerries?
    06-14-10 06:28 AM
    I had an unlocked tour that could not get data while using Tmo.. I scrapped it fast and traded it for a Tmo 8900. I was told it was a service boook issue and tmo didn't have those servicE books available.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-14-10 07:17 AM
    I was told it was a service boook issue and tmo didn't have those servicE books available.
    Could be. Although data works on other operators with no service books installed and only APN info
    06-14-10 07:29 AM
    A BlackBerry is different from other phones.
    06-14-10 06:46 PM
    Some carriers such as TMO are changing service books around. So when trying to
    use a BB world phone on a carrier such as TMO, the proper service books aren't there.
    06-14-10 06:54 PM
    Without the names of the networks and details of APN in use, it is impossible for anyone to provide detailed advice. However you may wish to look at the thread in the Storm forum, relating to blocking of ex-Verizon devices used in the North American T-Mobile network.
    06-14-10 07:37 PM
    Without the names of the networks and details of APN in use, it is impossible for anyone to provide detailed advice. .
    It's a Verizon branded Tour. Data connections works fine on the Swiss GSM network "Sunrise" (APN: internet, no user/password). But when I try to use it on the Swiss GSM network "Swisscom" (APN: gprs.swisscom.ch, user: gprs, password: gprs) the data connection fails.

The same APN settings for Swisscom work on several other phones, so it's not an error in the APN settings. My best guess is that Swisscom is not allowing my BB to access data, maybe because they don't sell this model, or maybe because they are trying to force all BB's to use BIS/BES and not allow data via APN
    06-15-10 03:18 AM
    Hmm, the timing is the same, could be coincidence, or could be something going on with RIM's "World" (CDMA/GSM) phones?

Verizon BlackBerry Storm No Longer Work on T-Mobile?
    06-15-10 10:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD