What's this about the clicks? You get to the email by one touch.

Lying to the public by not being clear? I'm sorry, that is not an Apple issue, that is a carrier issue.

I have a VZW BB. Yet I cannot get 4G at home. Is that BB's fault? Did they lie to me? I absolutely CANNOT get 4G. You know why I cannot get 4G? Because where I live I'm on an Extended Network which does not offer me 4G. Is it BB's fault that I bought a phone to use in an area where VZW has no coverage? Or was it me who got a VZW phone because I was angry with AT&T and went to its competitors, never bothering to check coverage?

From Apple's website:

"The new iPad supports fast cellular networks the world over — including 4G LTE networks in the U.S. and Canada.2 "
    "4G LTE is supported only on AT&T and Verizon networks in the U.S. and on Bell, Rogers, and Telus networks in Canada. Data plans sold separately. See your carrier for details."

Let's not blame companies for research that consumers must make prior to purchase. I have no more right to complain to neither RIM nor VZW for my lack of 4G than anyone buying an iPad not researching data speeds in each consumer's respective network.
    But when they advertised 4G, that applied to a minority of the people - ie people who will travel to North America with those cellular coverage.

When the advertised your BB, you are in the small portion where the exclusion applies. But most people do get the coverage advertised. Unless they have 100% coverage in the country they operate in, obviously some people will not get it.
    03-30-12 02:15 PM
    enough with the apple and 4G crap. You are on a one man crusade to make sure everyone on this board knows all about this "problem" and yet it relates in no way shape or form to the discussions about RIM. Quit trying to derail threads.
    brucep1 likes this.
    03-30-12 02:19 PM
    enough with the apple and 4G crap. You are on a one man crusade to make sure everyone on this board knows all about this "problem" and yet it relates in no way shape or form to the discussions about RIM. Quit trying to derail threads.
    Well, someone else posted the same... So there goes the one man theory, although i do agree that it is pretty strange that only 2 people are talking about millions of people being swindled

As for this having nothing to do w the rim news... If you read my initial statement it is very closely relatedto THE mEDiA BEING BIAS and blatantly lying to the public.

EDIT: Also, I never intended it to turn into this, but at the same time i dont think it is right to ignore people when they continue to say that there is no problem or that what i am saying is wrong/not important... that is the entire point i am making, that because it is a problem with an apple device it is not important but if the same thing happens with a rim device it IS important
    Last edited by FSeverino; 03-30-12 at 04:18 PM.
    03-30-12 02:26 PM
    Lmao. Nice troll attemp. Lying to the public by 'not being clear' is pretty serious but i guess its not as important as not having a button to click that takes you directly to your email when you can just use the browser in 2 clicks.
    Troll? Do you mean the 4g thing in Australia? You aren't overly clear. If you are calling that a "critical flaw" you might also want to look up the definition of those two words.

I actually happen to agree with you, I also think its a little stupid that my iPhone now says 4g, however, I'm not going to cry about it like a little .

Sent from my iPhone4s using Tapatalk
    Last edited by xandermac; 03-30-12 at 04:00 PM.
    03-30-12 03:57 PM
    Troll? Do you mean the 4g thing in Australia? You aren't overly clear. If you are calling that a "critical flaw" you might also want to look up the definition of those two words.

I actually happen to agree with you, I also think its a little stupid that my iPhone now says 4g, however, I'm not going to cry about it like a little .

Sent from my iPhone4s using Tapatalk
    crit�i�cal   [krit-i-kuhl] Show IPA
    adjective

pertaining to or of the nature of a crisis: a critical shortage of food (shortage of 4G).
    of decisive importance with respect to the outcome; crucial: a critical moment.
    of essential importance; indispensable: a critical ingredient.

flaw
    a feature that mars the perfection of something; defect; fault: beauty without flaw; the flaws in our plan.
    a defect impairing legal soundness or validity.
    a crack, break, breach, or rent.

So to me... a CRITICAL FLAW would be something that ' mars the perfection' 'of essential importance'

Im pretty sure i used the right wording considering the wifi AND 4G model ONLY has wifi and DOES NOT have 4G. So it is advertising those TWO things PLUS A SCREEN but delivering TWO of the THREE and the wifi is apparently iffy, so maybe even 1.5 of the 3.

EDIT: I now see why you mentioned your phone:

"There is an interesting article today on AnandTech about how AT&T foisted/forced their 4G symbol into the iPhone 4S with IOS 5.1 when running with an AT&T Sim whereas it shows 3G for everybody else."

Here is the link: http://www.anandtech.com/show/5659/t...-the-3g-toggle

AT&T pretending to be 4G. Thanks for that. Although this is very similar THIS is a CARRIER issue because THEY changed it. It is VERY sketchy though
    Last edited by FSeverino; 03-30-12 at 04:35 PM.
    03-30-12 04:15 PM
    Isn't admitting you can't do it all tantamount to admitting you can't really build a top smartphone platform?

I mean I hope RIM proves all doubters wrong. But on the consumer side I see the big media/content/entertainment players building their own devices and services that are integrated from top to bottom. Apple, Google, Amazon and Microsoft.

Why would any of these companies help RIM produce a superior experience to their own devices? If anything they want to hobble RIM.
    The relationships that he is talking about might not be with these guys but the owners of the content. The networks, cable companies, movie studios, all they need to do is say hey we want your things on our phones and tablets you can price it competitively and make most of the money. At the beginning I don't think RIM will make money on these things which sucks but it's the best for the long term. Get people hooked then renegotiate these partnerships. As for hardware that's not a big deal either cause Samsung makes so many of apples components. Retina display on ipad and ram is from sammy. What I think is wierd is that Samsung would have the same problem that they have with Google (not owning the OS ) would make sense for them to invest money in rim buy a small size of it. This takes that away.
    03-30-12 04:27 PM
    I’m gonna call it….Windows buys RIM, sits on the company and have them churn out the rest of the crud. Turns it into a luxe brand, and we see the same bb10 but with super support. But the gut say Android/Google, this is the best scenario because Google can brand the tablet, already has a foot in the door on the tablet, plus a foundation to stop the fragmentation.
    03-30-12 04:32 PM
    To further my point about how this is PERCEIVED here are some quotes from iMore... I wont use the user names because I dont really think it makes a difference, but the link is
    http://www.imore.com/2012/03/28/ipad...ffered-refund/

Maybe Apple should take Australia off their list of the first countries to get their new products if they are going to be whiny bitches about it.
    People WHINE because it doesnt work AS ADVERTISED

I agree if the country is going to whine and about something like this when they are still within 30 days of the device launch they should definitely be removed from the list of countries that receive the device first in that case all countries that are not supported under the 4g requirements at launch should not get the device until a later date to avoid this headache all together.
    They WHINE because they get a device that doesnt work, but it doesnt work so they shouldnt have got it until it works

So, if a company sells you a 4G device but it actually does not work, and you complain about it, that qualifies as being a whiny ?

Someone should give you a job as head of customer support.
    WINNER!

Again, i am MORE THEN HAPPY to end the conversation here. I stated a fact and people are saying i am over exaggerating. Really? Im sure there is close to, if not more than, A BILLION DOLLARS involved in this. IT IS IMPORTANT!

The main reason i mentioned it in this thread WAS NOT TO BASH APPLE, but to BASH THE MEDIA. To show how some things are made to be a lot more/less then they are. If people disagree with me then i think you should go to Europe or speak to some Aussies.
    03-30-12 04:35 PM
    Also looks like I'm not getting my BT keyboard with trackpad either.....sucks....do I cancel my order?
    03-30-12 04:36 PM
    I�m gonna call it�.Windows buys RIM, sits on the company and have them churn out the rest of the crud. Turns it into a luxe brand, and we see the same bb10 but with super support. But the gut say Android/Google, this is the best scenario because Google can brand the tablet, already has a foot in the door on the tablet, plus a foundation to stop the fragmentation.
    I don't know why google would have any interest or for that matter MS other than to just sell any and everything.
    03-30-12 04:42 PM
    Also looks like I'm not getting my BT keyboard with trackpad either.....sucks....do I cancel my order?
    im pretty sure this is aimed at 'business' people so i think it will not only still happen, but will be something they 'focus' on
    03-30-12 04:52 PM
    I don't know why google would have any interest or for that matter MS other than to just sell any and everything.
    Google has a card feature on the Nexus, and with QNX, they could have a refreshing look, and take the lead in the next iteration of the homescreen app layout. MS can pillage QNX for all it's worth, the whole phone to type on the tablet and used as a mousepad is right up their alley. I don't think anyone else would have a stake, ie. Apple because the blackberry breed is business, and Google wants a more polished look, and the "card" OS is probably the most underrated and most intuitive methods there is. Plus MS and Google aren't to far from base acquiring this OS
    03-30-12 05:03 PM
    Google has a card feature on the Nexus, and with QNX, they could have a refreshing look, and take the lead in the next iteration of the homescreen app layout. MS can pillage QNX for all it's worth, the whole phone to type on the tablet and used as a mousepad is right up their alley. I don't think anyone else would have a stake, ie. Apple because the blackberry breed is business, and Google wants a more polished look, and the "card" OS is probably the most underrated and most intuitive methods there is. Plus MS and Google aren't to far from base acquiring this OS
    I didn't realize they would be interested in anything since they all have their own thing. So would google continue with android, mix qnx and android etc. and the same for MS?
    03-30-12 05:07 PM
    im pretty sure this is aimed at 'business' people so i think it will not only still happen, but will be something they 'focus' on
    I sure hope so. Got all excited about the keyboard, then next think I know only Canada getting the goods. One thing that puzzles me with this "new" direction is.....business is so limited, I don't see hardware being picked up in masses because everything is kinda melded nowadays. Unless something like a secure 3D hologram roundtable conference is in the works....I just don't see it. But then again I'm not RIM. If they move to other countries where they are strong, I only see them offering premium service for a cheap price. They need to stay and compete, and listen to the people in the trenches at the company, the new CEO said on his debut interview that the suits would be listening to guys actually putting the system together....this latest press release doesn't sound like that at all.
    03-30-12 05:12 PM
    I didn't realize they would be interested in anything since they all have their own thing. So would google continue with android, mix qnx and android etc. and the same for MS?
    Of course they'd re-brand it or skin it....but I think the public would react to the Blackberry name the curiosity of the new home. Yes they all have their own thing but Google has a problem with getting pure Google in the hands of customers. Google can take the QNX system and run with it, and as for windows, I wouldn't be surprised if they just stabilized the whole thing so it worked consistently and predictable call it a travel vers. win 8, or like I think turn it into a top tier brand.
    Last edited by grissomtech; 03-30-12 at 05:20 PM.
    03-30-12 05:18 PM
    But to answer your question, isn't Andy and QNX already mixed. Andy has a easier time transitioning because of their fragmentation. Having the QNX and BB10 could be the end of it all, using QNX/BB10 the underlying core of the OS, and sandboxing for devs to bring any apps over, and any phone company will always have the core QNX/BB10 to spec for equaling fragment end. MS on the other hand would definitely have a time deciding whether risk it outselling Win8 now that it's stable and usable because if you remember initial reviews were glowing about the playbook, it was just the apps. Or MS can do what MS does best right now have companies kill in the market but have to pay the piper, why not with the Playbook? But I still think Word on the Playbook is a match made in heaven.
    03-30-12 05:37 PM
    I sure hope so. Got all excited about the keyboard, then next think I know only Canada getting the goods. One thing that puzzles me with this "new" direction is.....business is so limited, I don't see hardware being picked up in masses because everything is kinda melded nowadays. Unless something like a secure 3D hologram roundtable conference is in the works....I just don't see it. But then again I'm not RIM. If they move to other countries where they are strong, I only see them offering premium service for a cheap price. They need to stay and compete, and listen to the people in the trenches at the company, the new CEO said on his debut interview that the suits would be listening to guys actually putting the system together....this latest press release doesn't sound like that at all.
    i would have to disagree that business areas are limited. there are A LOT of doctors / lawyers that NEED security on phones and tablets, and 'tech' related businesses are a huge percentage of the business world.

Also, the business world doesnt really have devoted companies such as RIM would be. We know most people buy iOS for games/entertainment and the main draw for android is customization and google integration. What would be so wrong for RIM to be the business side of the triangle? They did an incredible job when they started, and if they can match that now and for afew years to come then they will once again be the RIM of old.
    03-31-12 01:06 AM
    i would have to disagree that business areas are limited. there are A LOT of doctors / lawyers that NEED security on phones and tablets, and 'tech' related businesses are a huge percentage of the business world.
    I have a friend who is an IT administrator at a law firm. The attorneys have both BlackBerry and iPhone. The younger attorneys prefer iPhone, whereas the older attorneys prefer BlackBerry. My friend manages both platforms, and he uses an iPhone; he did use a BlackBerry in the past. He was the person who told me about the Crackberry site.

Also, the business world doesnt really have devoted companies such as RIM would be. We know most people buy iOS for games/entertainment and the main draw for android is customization and google integration. What would be so wrong for RIM to be the business side of the triangle? They did an incredible job when they started, and if they can match that now and for afew years to come then they will once again be the RIM of old.
    Mobile fusion could be the product that gets RIM back in a prominent position in enterprise.
    03-31-12 01:21 AM
    I have a friend who is an IT administrator at a law firm. The attorneys have both BlackBerry and iPhone. The younger attorneys prefer iPhone, whereas the older attorneys prefer BlackBerry. My friend manages both platforms, and he uses an iPhone; he did use a BlackBerry in the past. He was the person who told me about the Crackberry site.

Mobile fusion could be the product that gets RIM back in a prominent position in enterprise.
    Agree 100%with all of this but i would add one thing... the older people use bb bc they know how good it WAS and are loyal to it. if bb can get those people back AND show all the younger generation some innovation then they will be safe.

BB has lost focus in the past years and that is exactly the reason for your friends situation. the people that used bb in its prime love it, the others dont know about it. that is what needs to change.
    03-31-12 01:26 AM

That strictly business only model still sounds limited. I just think we are moving into a world where niche companies get "borged" into the collective of a major companies, RIM could go the way of ultimate secure this and ultimate secure that but long term RIM would still disapear you dont need a tablet that plays music with incredible speakers if your just a watchdog entity.
    03-31-12 01:29 AM
    Agree 100%with all of this but i would add one thing... the older people use bb bc they know how good it WAS and are loyal to it. if bb can get those people back AND show all the younger generation some innovation then they will be safe.

BB has lost focus in the past years and that is exactly the reason for your friends situation. the people that used bb in its prime love it, the others dont know about it. that is what needs to change.
    Actually, it is the keypad that the older users prefer, from what he has mentioned. The younger folks prefer the touchscreen. The younger folks did use BlackBerry, but when they had the option of using their own personal iPhones, rather than the company-issued BlackBerry, they turned in the BlackBerry.
    03-31-12 01:30 AM
    Actually, it is the keypad that the older users prefer, from what he has mentioned. The younger folks prefer the touchscreen. The younger folks did use BlackBerry, but when they had the option of using their own personal iPhones, rather than the company-issued BlackBerry, they turned in the BlackBerry.
    again, iagree. but what you have to look at is why the younger people had iphones to begin with. bbs arent able to compete anymore w ios and android bc people seem to like the others more. so would your friend need to have two phones... that doesnt make sense. so they let him use his iphone and then bb loses a sale.

it is a vicious cycle of losing little by little. i dont want a bb bc it isnt cool, then they become less popular and less people want them and so on.

did these young lawyers buy the iphones to use as business tools? would they use a touch screen bb? these are the types of questions RIM has to ask.
    03-31-12 01:42 AM
    Young folk. Next think you know they will be wearing bell bottoms and tie dyed shirts again.
    03-31-12 01:46 AM
    Young folk. Next think you know they will be wearing bell bottoms and tie dyed shirts again.
    what's old is new again.....
    03-31-12 07:41 AM
    And listening to Rock and Roll...

And let's not forget all this yammering about world peace.

People don't change, they just grow old.
    03-31-12 09:11 AM
174 ... 4567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD