ok so i think i have bad hearing or something cause every phone ive had i have trouble hearing what people are saying. is there anyway to get the volume louder while im talking to someone other than clicking the volume button on the side?
    10-02-08 04:21 PM
    Your profile says you're only 20, so your hearing should not be failing yet. Get the doc to check your hearing, it could be something simple and easy to resolve like wax or a low grade infection. If its more serious you need to know about it.

Using the Curve on speakerphone might help, but DON'T put it to your ear, you risk doing serious damage on top of something already under suspicion.

The manual for your phone says:
    Change the default volume for calls
    You can increase or decrease the default volume for calls. The higher the volume percentage, the louder the volume.
    1. In the phone, press the Menu key.
    2. Click Options.
    3. Click General Options.
    4. Change the Default Call Volume field.
    5. Press the Menu key.
    6. Click Save.

Improve sound quality during a call
    You can only change sound quality for the earpiece on your BlackBerry device.
    1. During a call, press the Menu key.
    2. Click Enhance Call Audio.
    3. Select a bass or treble option.

Improve sound quality for all calls
    You can only change sound quality for the earpiece on your BlackBerry� device.
    1. In the phone, press the Menu key.
    2. Click Options.
    3. Click General Options.
    4. Change the Enhance Call Audio field.
    5. Press the Menu key.
    6. Click Save.

Hope this helps
    10-02-08 04:58 PM
    Have you tried your other ear when using your BB? Most people use one ear only when using the phone. My wife can hear better out of her right ear than she can from her left. We discovered this when I was sitting to her left and I could tell her word for word what was being said.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-02-08 05:20 PM
    Ya I mean I hear better out my left and I'm left handed so it works out. And I don't believe its a wax problem lol but thx a lot on the tips I'm sure this will help!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-02-08 10:11 PM
    Ya I mean I hear better out my left and I'm left handed so it works out. And I don't believe its a wax problem lol but thx a lot on the tips I'm sure this will help!
    Unless you are reaming your ears to the eardrum (not a good idea btw), it very well could be a wax problem.

Barring that try this... Take the back off the phone and make a few phone calls. If you can hear the calls better, buy a battery door that does not cover up the speaker. Makes the call volume a lot louder as well as ringer volume for the softer rings and tones. Trust me If I can hear my phone ringing buried in my back pack, you should hopefully be able to hear your calls better.
    10-03-08 12:22 AM
    I'm having the same problem but it only started when I upgraded Desktop Manager to 4.7 (in anticipation of upgrading to the 4.5 OS). Like the OP, I have an ATT 8310. The speakerphone and ring volumes are fine but the regular in-call volume is low. (The other thing that happened while connected to the DM 4.7 was that somehow the "radio" got turned off and I didn't have any data services until I figured out how to turn it back on.) I've tried all the tricks above (except that I don't actually have any "enhance call" options to choose from anywhere). I haven't actually installed the 4.5 OS upgrade yet. I rolled DM back to 4.6 and restored from my backup but nothing has helped.
    11-28-08 02:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD