I I have been trying out docs to go and have to say its pretty much useless, every .doc file I get sent almost it comes up with an error any cannot open it. I need to view these files ideally on my phone to get a step ahead, docs to go gets no where near delivering, it really should be a free programme, are there any alternative programmes for viewing documents.

Thanks for any help/advice.
    06-05-11 04:34 PM
    Are the .doc files. RTF? That is the only time I am unable to open a .doc file with documents to go,
    It is by far the best office suite available on the blackberry line

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-05-11 05:32 PM
    I have never had any problems opening files in Documents to Go.
    06-05-11 06:20 PM
    Yup they are .doc files, keeps saying error6 cannot open these. Its doing it with loads of my emails its getting I can't view anything.

06-06-11 02:25 AM
    Are you sure they are in fact .doc and not .docx. This is the newer format from M$ that purports to be the open standard. Perhaps docs to go cannot read such files yet.

06-06-11 07:30 AM
    Docs2Go reads .docx files as well as .doc files. You might try uninstaling and reinstalling Docs2Go, or certainly try a battery pull if you haven't done so. The current version of D2G for OS6 is 2.0005.105. Far from useless, this my most used suite of apps. I have the paid Premium version.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    06-06-11 07:43 AM
    I would be more inclinded to say that the files though they have a .doc extension were made using Open office or something similar and are not formatted properly for Doc2Go to be able to open.

I have found often Open Office .doc files are RTF formatted, and my BB can not open them,

I would very much like to know the origin of the files
    06-06-11 08:17 AM
    I have not problems either, it might be your software or something else, use it regularly. If you have a leaked os on there that too might be causing your problems.

06-06-11 11:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD