Bb10 launched 10 months ago and we are already on the verge of a 3rd significant update and a 4th Bb10 phone is in the process of launching. This platform isn't even a year old yet and people are calling it dead. Is it human nature to have such little patience? Why don't we let it grow and develop before we declare it dead? Yes BlackBerry is in trouble but their actions and words sure make it sound like they are committed. If we are already on 10.2 10 months in, where will we be next time this year if blackberry manages to go private?

Posted from my Z10
    portal, alan510, badiyee and 57 others like this.
    10-18-13 10:21 AM
    Why do you expect anything from a culture that wants everything now, drive thru style w/ all problems solved in a 60 minute show w/ 5 commercial breaks.......
    10-18-13 10:27 AM
    Bb10 launched 10 months ago and we are already on the verge of a 3rd significant update and a 4th Bb10 phone is in the process of launching. This platform isn't even a year old yet and people are calling it dead. Is it human nature to have such little patience? Why don't we let it grow and develop before we declare it dead? Yes BlackBerry is in trouble but their actions and words sure make it sound like they are committed. If we are already on 10.2 10 months in, where will we be next time this year if blackberry manages to go private?

Posted from my Z10
    Sales have flatlined since launch. No money from sales no money for development.

And I would argue 10.2 is the only significant update, which falls in line with the yearly upgrades from google/apple. And even that has no official release date yet.
    10-18-13 10:30 AM
    Why do you expect anything from a culture that wants everything now, drive thru style w/ all problems solved in a 60 minute show w/ 5 commercial breaks.......
    Yeah your right

Posted from my Z10
    10-18-13 10:32 AM
    I don't think it's about wanting it "now" as much as the perception that other alternatives have had "it" for quite some time.
    10-18-13 10:33 AM
    Sales have flatlined since launch. No money from sales no money for development.

And I would argue 10.2 is the only significant update, which falls in line with the yearly upgrades from google/apple. And even that has no official release date yet.
    It has started rolling out. If I remember correctly android started off quite slow as well., same with wp8.

Posted from my Z10
    CyberMan2013 likes this.
    10-18-13 10:33 AM
    I think the basis for people calling it dead is that the devices really just aren't selling. There's definitely plenty of development being done on the platform, and to be honest, rather great upgrades coming from the leaks we've seen, so in that area BlackBerry seems to be doing pretty well. The 10.2 leaks I've installed have made my Z10 experience much improved, there is still a rather large gaping hole to be filled to allow the Z10 to be my sole device to carry (still carrying an android around for some things) This is due to lack of apps, which is due to lack of sales. There isn't a clear plan to actually expand the sales, there doesn't seem to be a route to take here, the initial push / pull of the launch is probably the highest sales we'll see for any BB10 device. This means that any potential buyer will likely be either A) wanting the company to split up to sell assets or B) wanting the company to scale back so much that the financial bleed of trying to appease the consumer market all but moves the company out of it entirely.

Speculation sure, but I'm not really seeing another route. This upsets me greatly. I really don't want to type on another device. I'm not a brand loyalist, in fact I'm sure you're aware that I have no issues about sharing my discontent for BlackBerry, that doesn't though mean I want them to go under. I love the keyboard, there is just nothing else close to it, I love the unified inbox, gestures. I'm tempted to get a Nexus 5 as they are the bleeding edge of Android and rather cheap, but I know what I'll be getting back into, and it's not a huge leap as far as experience, as other previous Android devices. That being said, I think everyone can agree that BlackBerry going private is the only way "out" of this mess financially, I just can't pull together a scenario in which that yields a positive outcome for the consumer who wants the devices and software to keep coming.
    10-18-13 10:35 AM
    dido on that....if i was blackberry i would not even come out with the z10, the z30 and the q10 would have been my choices as flagship devices, blackberry OS is a solid OS however the OS was release to late as other platforms adopted almost the same features...blackberry needs to release something that will set the BAR high once again...also they need to change the enitre senior mangement team as i feel they are sorta out of tune in the consumer market....VOTE ME FOR THE NEXT CEO!!!!
    gfondeur and potatoheadguy like this.
    10-18-13 10:35 AM

Posted from my Z10
    I appreciate your thoughts on how impatient ple are with Blackberry; I have had to understand unfortunately that that is how the world now is -- no one is ready to hold on to anything or anyone anymore, and when they do, they put you on such a short string that at the least they'll abondon your ship. Life for me has been tough, and if there's nothing at all God has thought me thru all these years, I have learnt to wait and trust that all will be well. So here's to saying...I know all will be well with our beloved Blackberry real soon..in fact, even sooner than we think... Bless you brother
    10-18-13 10:37 AM
    But it's much older than that. Didn't this all start even before the playbook was known? I think they are well into year 3 going on year 4. You know delays and all that stuff.
    It has started rolling out. If I remember correctly android started off quite slow as well., same with wp8.

Posted from my Z10
    Android started off slow, but Google was never in a position to rely on it for income. They offer it free, any income it made was just a bonus through advertising, now they're making more than anyone else with ad revenue, and their stock is trading over $1000. BlackBerry doesn't have that luxury.
    The same crowd doesn't want to pay for apps either. As if paying for something that others create is "so 2 seconds ago". Entitlement issues...and I daresay for some, maturity issues as well. You have that on the Internet as anonymity allows for few barriers and even less accountability.

Posted via CB10
    tmanthib and gfondeur like this.
    10-18-13 10:38 AM

Posted from my Z10
    You don't remember corrctly. As soon as it was a pipe dream there was a dev community (windows mobile) that was running it on those phone's to start with.
    And then...it exploded
    10-18-13 10:42 AM

It has released, officially.

Sent from my A500 using CB Forums mobile app
    10-18-13 10:47 AM
    Thank God for the leaks team....dont know what i would do without 10.2
    10-18-13 10:50 AM
    It doesn't help that you have multiple manufacturers cranking out various Android phones all the time. It makes for a stark contrast when you compare the platforms.
    gfondeur and Mack Gans like this.
    10-18-13 10:54 AM
    Thank God for the leaks team....dont know what i would do without 10.2
    Sad when thats the best you can hope for
    10-18-13 10:59 AM
    You nailed it! LOL
    rkeerti likes this.
    10-18-13 11:03 AM
    You nailed it! LOL
    Nailed what? The fact that BB is caught in reverse when others are in drive? Nailed it.
    10-18-13 11:05 AM
    This platform isn't even a year old yet and people are calling it dead. Is it human nature to have such little patience? Why don't we let it grow and develop before we declare it dead?
    Who exactly is 'we' in the last sentence?
    10-18-13 11:30 AM
    It's a .2 release..... Basically meaning it's mostly bug fixes and adding features that should have been there in the first place, like multiple alarms..... Not that impressive in 9-10 months.

EDIT: Isn't this the release that's supposed to fix the rebooting problem? And it took them til now to fix it? Sorry, but I don't think many would consider that "fast."
    10-18-13 11:31 AM
    Let's summarize two years: bought QNX, developed BB10 from scratch, released four new devices. Does anybody know what that takes? They did not take a existing operating system and fone and make incremental upgrades. They started from scratch people. In fact I actually can't believe a company that can do nothing right managed to pull this off. I think BB need a pat on the back for this accomplishment.
    10-18-13 11:40 AM
    Let's summarize two years: bought QNX, developed BB10 from scratch, released four new devices. Does anybody know what that takes? They did not take a existing operating system and fone and make incremental upgrades. They started from scratch people. In fact I actually can't believe a company that can do nothing right managed to pull this off. I think BB need a pat on the back for this accomplishment.
    They would get one if they sold any devices. Thats the name of the game. They cooked up a half baked OS and didnt sell any of them.
    10-18-13 11:42 AM
    They would get one if they sold any devices. Thats the name of the game. They cooked up a half baked OS and didnt sell any of them.
    sell low numbers, yes. Sold none? factual error.
    Dunmanway Emar and Loc22 like this.
    10-18-13 11:43 AM
    It's a .2 release..... Basically meaning it's mostly bug fixes and adding features that should have been there in the first place, like multiple alarms..... Not that impressive in 9-10 months.

EDIT: Isn't this the release that's supposed to fix the rebooting problem? And it took them til now to fix it? Sorry, but I don't think many would consider that "fast."
    its not like other companies are that fast themselves. Or, in the case of some devices (i'm talking Android), completely abandoned. Yes, go on with PlayBook and etc. But BlackBerry isn't alone in this department, so I don't see why the necessity to harp this without pointing the same of other companies.
    gfondeur likes this.
    10-18-13 11:45 AM
280 123 ...