Anyone wanna share say what features they wish they're BB had or maybe improvements to apps already on the BlackBerry?
    07-16-08 05:23 AM
    I wish there was a DND feature for incoming calls that are not found in your contacts.

In other words. If the number is not in your contacts, your phone doesn't ring and the call goes straight to v-mail.

Several Dumbphones have this feature, Rim needs to bring this over to the berry.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-16-08 06:17 AM
    I wish the calendar was better. After using a Palm program called Datebk6, I am spoiled. I want my Datebk6!!!
    07-16-08 06:19 AM
    Threaded sms, webcam broadcast, access to the api routines/calls...,lol.

Dm

07-16-08 07:47 AM
    Better web . I want my damn youtube !!! Also wish every site had a moblie version

A free verzion gps is on the wish list but that is streching it lol

07-16-08 08:17 AM
    I wish there was a DND feature for incoming calls that are not found in your contacts.

In other words. If the number is not in your contacts, your phone doesn't ring and the call goes straight to v-mail.

Several Dumbphones have this feature, Rim needs to bring this over to the berry.

There is: search for Black & Whitelist on the software on CrackBerry.

software.crackberry.com/product.asp?id=12708&n=Black-%26-Whitelist
    07-16-08 08:30 AM
    Better web . I want my damn youtube !!! Also wish every site had a moblie version

A free verzion gps is on the wish list but that is streching it lol

Can't you use Google Maps as a GPS so you know where you are and get directions without having to pay extra?
    07-16-08 08:31 AM
    There is: search for Black & Whitelist on the software on CrackBerry.

software.crackberry.com/product.asp?id=12708&n=Black-%26-Whitelist
    Awesome, didn't know about this.
    07-16-08 10:17 AM
    The ability to clean? Perhaps prepare food?

I also somewhat wish it had a better calander.
    And flash. I want to stream videos god dammit!
    07-16-08 10:23 AM
    I wish the desktop redirector would work for attachments. I have to forward work redirected emails to my gmail to view attachments which is slightly annoying.

I also wish that apps could be loaded to the media card, as well as messages instead of clogging up the device memory.

07-16-08 10:23 AM
    Native Html email, color calendar so it would match outlook, ability to save programs to memory card, give me more than one reminder beep for missed whatever.

07-16-08 10:24 AM
    1. Wish we could bring out folders as an icon, like phone log, missed calls. Instead of having to go to "view folders".

2. Wish we could store applications to our media card and run them from there.

3. The Micro SD slot would be on the side of the phone instead of under the battery (sucks to lose connection and then it takes 3 minutes to reboot)

4. On and off button instead of an icon.

5. Wish I could program the phone to send a text message to the person that is calling while I am on the other line. Or an extended message, kind of like the "out of office assistant" on outlook but a feature for the phone calling.

6. Schedule text message, like someone's birthday so that I don't forget, so for it to send at night when the person will be able to view it so that I don't forget to send it later on.

7. Address book to be more compressed instead of so spread out, this would allow to see more names on one screen instead of scrolling every 4 or 5 lines.

8. An extra convenience Key.

9. Better browser and more options for websites to offer mobile options.

10. Auto program messages to people calling you like "I dont' want to hear it until you pay me my money" when a particular person calls.

11. Program some numbers to go straight to voicemail? Program "you have dialed an invalid number, please do not attempt again" for some numbers or " this caller does not wish to speak to you or receive calls from your number"
    Last edited by Morenina; 07-16-08 at 12:51 PM.
    07-16-08 10:37 AM
    The ability from the option menu to add an email sender to a "Do Not Forward to My Blackberry" filter.

Especially as a new user, I'm spending too much time manually setting up these filters so that newsletters, blogs and such aren't automatically forwarded to my Blackberry.
    07-16-08 10:57 AM
    threaded SMS and to have the ability on incoming calls to choose "respond with text" in addition to answer and ignore. I also like the idea of one more convenience key.
    07-16-08 11:04 AM
    ...an app that allows you to install apps on your device from zip files...!
    07-16-08 11:07 AM
    Just Flash! I got everything else I need!

07-16-08 11:15 AM
    More themes......and a myspace app
    07-16-08 12:43 PM
    11. Program some numbers to go straight to voicemail? Program "you have dialed an invalid number, please do not attempt again" for some numbers or " this caller does not wish you speak to you or receive calls from your number"
    I love this! Yes!

threaded SMS and to have the ability on incoming calls to choose "respond with text" in addition to answer and ignore. I also like the idea of one more convenience key.
    Great idea! Yes!

Also, downloading to and running apps from the media card. I'm always fighting memory.
    07-16-08 12:50 PM

I also wish that apps could be loaded to the media card, as well as messages instead of clogging up the device memory.
    There is a program...... Its here on Crackberry store. By alzeize I think
    07-16-08 01:26 PM
    How about a utility to track your data usage including statistics as well as phone minutes such as day time, evening, weekend, etc?

Minimoni is ok except it doesn't do voice tracking and the phone log only shows total time and not a detailed breakdown of your minutes. Also, Minimoni does not work for everyone anymore in version 4.5 of the OS.
    07-16-08 02:38 PM
    - Picture manipulation tools (rotation, color, brightness, contrast, red-eye, effects)
    - Calendar needs improvement
    - Threaded chat logs.
    - import contacts from SIM card to address book.
    - memory leak problem. This HAS to get fixed if the Blackberry is to become a true consumer product.
    - much, much more memory. People do not want to have to manage where they put their stuff on a phone. Media Card, Device Memory, who cares.
    - email needs to support distribution lists from Outlook or native.
    - Themes need more customization. Free choice of icon on Today front page, ability to change icons. Themes should also work across applications so that if you have a red theme all the apps should show up with a red theme too.
    - Battery life increase. 1300-1500mAh battery in place of the 1000mAh today.
    - better wireless tools - file transfer and printing
    - native bluetooth printing
    - A full Flash browser that is as good as the one in the iPhone. This is not a comparison, it is just what's needed.
    - A charging cradle to eliminate the need for day-to-day charging via the USB port in the box with every phone
    - leave the USB port but put 2 or 3 extra contacts on the case of new phones so as to allow syncronization from a cradle. The USB port is too flimsy.
    - A holtser in the box with a magnet incorporated. This is a real Blackberry unique advantage
    - include AutoStandby as standard
    - OTA incremental software updates for BIS users
    - OTA and bluetooth syncing for BIS users.
    - Media player displays album art and does not put albums with art into pictures
    - Improve 3rd party software. I am amazed at how BAD the 3rd party software products for Blackberry are.
    - animated wallpaper
    - wireless local printing
    - internet printing (makes drivers easier).
    - make BIS much, much cheaper to compete with Microsoft push email on Windows Mobile.
    - Many more customizaton options, fonts, colors, Address Book layout, Calander options.
    07-16-08 02:48 PM
    I wish there was a field in the contacts list that allowed you to enter in someone's birthday and then transfer it to your calendar.
    07-16-08 02:53 PM
    -----

The alarm is awful.
    The calendar isn't much better.
    The browser is a pain.

-----
    07-16-08 06:31 PM
    An Address Book where can add additional fields for eg. more telephone nos. The Symbian OS has that. Owned a Sony Ericson Smart Phone P990i before moving to the Berry world. Since then am missing this feature. Some of my Contacts have more than Two Work Nos. and am unable to add them under the same contact name. Have to create a contact_name_2 to add two more phone nos and so on. Very unprofessional for a business phone.
    AD
    07-16-08 06:32 PM
    Native creation and editing of MS Office documents
    would do it for me.
    07-16-08 06:39 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD