Hello,

People that use more than one device, what is your reasoning other than having to own one due to your job?
    I'm interested to know what devices and why you guys carry more than one around with you.

Thanks, Mike

Passport
    07-05-16 10:36 PM
    Two numbers for the business. One "Office" and one "Onsite/Mobile"...
    Z10/Passport

Add a permanent wifi hotspot (Q10 now),... which I don't carry, of course. :-)

Might get a Priv or some other ChenDroid at some stage.

:-D

�   There's a Crack in the Berry right now...   �
    anon(8719892) likes this.
    07-05-16 11:25 PM
    Interesting, thanks for the reply.

I've been giving an Xperia Z3 a trial run and I think I could use android permanently if I had a good Blackberry keyboard. At the moment I've been using the passport to reply to emails so I often have it in my bag with me connected to my now-daily Xperia. Looking to buy a Priv when I can.

Mike

Passport
    07-05-16 11:38 PM
    Z30 as my primary phone. Lumia 950 with a secondary number, mainly to learn how to use it - just in case, and to keep in my car for emergencies. (Windows 10).
    An extra Z30 and Z10 on my desk, just because. On WiFi only.

9000 > Q10 > Z10 >Z30>Z30>< Lumia950
    Jerale and LuxuryTouringZone like this.
    07-05-16 11:46 PM
    Two cell phones which make me feel happy when I no longer worry about my cell phone's battery, that means I do not need to carry chargers always beside me. The first one is Passport which used for emails, comments in crackberry forums and friends' phone calls. The last one is Nokia 215 dual sim, which is to do some unimportant tasks, such as making phone call to customers or others who are not my relatives or close friends. Of course, that can also help me just charge my cell phones after 2 days from the last time of full charging. It is so convenient for me, I suppose.

Posted via BlackBerry
    07-06-16 12:26 AM
    Ever since I got my PRIV, I've been using my Z10 as my secondary device.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    zephyr613 likes this.
    07-06-16 12:57 AM
    I use either a Passport and an iPhone 6S Plus or a Passport and my Priv. Priv has been seeing less action though because the battery is terrible.
    07-06-16 05:19 AM
    Is it really that bad? My Xperia Z3 has a battery slightly smaller than the Priv and I get around 4-5 hours of screen on (sometimes more) and it lasts all day. Much the same as my Passport was, very reliable as long as I charge each night. I can't see why the Priv would have a bad battery life though?
    07-06-16 07:18 AM
    Interested to try a windows phone, might pick up a used Lumia 930 to see what its like.
    Thanks for the post!
    neoberry99 likes this.
    07-06-16 07:21 AM
    I have two devices BlackBerry Classic and iphone 5 Classic for Work and Music library and iphone for Apps

Posted via CB10
    07-06-16 07:26 AM
    I have two devices BlackBerry Classic and iphone 5 Classic for Work and Music library and iphone for Apps

Posted via CB10
    I can see those two being very pocket-able tools. Good combination I suppose.

Passport
    07-06-16 07:28 AM
    PRIV for Work
    Z10 for personal.

FYI, I am the only Blackberry user in entire company now, all else is either Samsung or IPhone..

Sigh....
    07-06-16 07:44 AM
    PRIV for Work
    Z10 for personal.

FYI, I am the only Blackberry user in entire company now, all else is either Samsung or IPhone..

Sigh....
    Just curious, what company would that be? Or rather what field if you'd prefer not to say. May be a little off topic but how's the battery life, I'm seeing a lot of people say it's bad.

Passport
    07-06-16 08:48 AM
    Interested to try a windows phone, might pick up a used Lumia 930 to see what its like.
    Thanks for the post!
    If you are coming from BB10, and have never used a Windows phone, you will find it very different at first. I found it frustrating when I started using it. I actually took 3 One on One lessons at Microsoft, which I never had to do with BB10 or iOS.

However, now that I have it pretty much sorted out, I am able to enjoy it as a second phone, and could use it if my BlackBerrys die. The 950 has an amazing camera, the tiles are useful and fun (once you get them organized - not easy) and screen clarity and sound are very good. It even has a file manager, removable battery, and SD slot. It has a similar app gap to BB10. (I haven't seen the 930).

But no OS, in my opinion, is easier to navigate than BB10. The VKB is great, I love swiping words and swiping back to delete. Opening and closing apps is easier on BB10.

But the world is constantly changing, and we have to keep an open mind. Besides, it's good for our brains to learn new things. Give the Windows phone a chance and don't give up too soon. I almost did.

9000 > Q10 > Z10 >Z30>Z30>< Lumia950
    07-06-16 09:36 AM
    2 classics

BlackBerry Classic / 10.3.2.2876
    07-06-16 09:41 AM
    Just curious, what company would that be? Or rather what field if you'd prefer not to say. May be a little off topic but how's the battery life, I'm seeing a lot of people say it's bad.

Passport
    Can't name the Company but I am the Corporate IT Security guy, hence why I was able to be the "only" Blackberry device in a company with over 40,000 employees.

I find the battery to be fine (not great, but not Z10 like) I am running the official 5.1. Lollipop from VZW. Once you disable all the garbage, I am able to get a full 8hrs+ with semi heavy usage, but no web browsing or Social Media.
    Mike_WasTaken likes this.
    07-06-16 10:03 AM
    Superbly compact & ergonomic 9900 handles 99% of my Critical Communications needs. Classic, PP & Z30 fill in the gaps as needed. I rarely bother to carry them home from work, anymore. Too easy to just pop a fresh battery into 99 and catch the early bus. Unless expecting to need them, my embedded battery stuff mostly gets locked into desk drawer at day's end. Fwiw.

Dual carry DOES provide great efficiency in being able to consult one device while communicating on the other. MUCH easier to look up appointments, work spreadsheets, alter contact info, etc, etc, in one hand while communicating thru the other device in the other hand. This "double fisted" use is best accomplished when both handsets are single handed friendly. Hence my choice of two of THE most single handed friendly devices... 9900 and Classic.
    Mike_WasTaken likes this.
    07-06-16 10:05 AM
    I'd just like to say, thanks for the input. Some interesting scenarios. This may sound a little dysfunctional to some but I think something like a Bold 9900 for phone calls and texts (and maybe emails if it can format them to a modern standard, I haven't owned one so I don't know) but also for use as a Hotspot to another device with the apps etc. Would that work? The battery on the bold 9900 is quite small by the looks of it.

Passport
    07-06-16 12:30 PM
    I'd just like to say, thanks for the input. Some interesting scenarios. This may sound a little dysfunctional to some but I think something like a Bold 9900 for phone calls and texts (and maybe emails if it can format them to a modern standard, I haven't owned one so I don't know) but also for use as a Hotspot to another device with the apps etc. Would that work? The battery on the bold 9900 is quite small by the looks of it.

Passport
    Calls, texts, emails, bbm are what 9900 does best. Its exquisite PKB is a standard to judge all others by, imo. Its efficiently compact form factor makes it king of single handed comfort and ease of carrying. I have multiple email accounts, texts, etc on "Messages" assigned to the "Convenience" key. This makes "Messages" available with simple key press from within virtually ANY app! More convenient than the excellent Hub, IMO. Fwiw.

I use email a LOT. No problems I'm aware of. I don't use Gmail (nor ANYthing Google, if possible) but others do, afaik.

9900's tiny battery is part of what makes the device itself compact and light weight. Its compact OEM battery is sized adequately for a light day's use so you're not lugging around unneeded heft on those days. Works nicely since the drained battery can be swapped with a charged spare as needed. Reboot after swap is 2 minutes, 40 seconds. Spare compact JM1s fit unobtrusively in pocket.

If needed, a larger battery can be fitted that can reliably power 9900 for several DAYs! That larger battery adds thick to the 9900's otherwise thin form so I only use that option as needed. Nice option that's always available. Anyone who thinks 9900 needs a bigger battery simply needs to get a bigger battery! Lol.

9900 does hotspot fine with latest OS versions. Might depend on carrier, tho. Some 9900s can be had in 4G of some type.

Downsides? 99's native browser has gotten clunky. Still usable but ... I grab a bb10 for browsing, if handy. If no secondary bb10, 99 gets by ok tho.
    07-06-16 01:44 PM
    @idssteve
    Great information there. Interesting to see it from your point of view. I have seen the extended batteries, but like you say, a second readily charged battery is just as useful.
    When you say the browser is clunky, are we talking playbook clunky (freezing when scrolling with checker-boarding or is it just slow to load pages?
    Thanks

Passport
    07-06-16 03:38 PM
    @idssteve
    Great information there. Interesting to see it from your point of view. I have seen the extended batteries, but like you say, a second readily charged battery is just as useful.
    When you say the browser is clunky, are we talking playbook clunky (freezing when scrolling with checker-boarding or is it just slow to load pages?
    Thanks

Passport
    "Clunky" was probably a poor choice of words. No checkerboarding or anything like that. In fact there are sites that load quicker onto 99 than onto my Classic, sometimes. By "clunky" i meant "hit or miss" on some sites' page configurations. Most work just fine but every now and then you run across one where things are placed "strangely", if that makes more sense. ? Some sites do experience prolonged pauses on occasions. Can't say my Classic isn't getting similarly irritating, either.

In fact, I still find Opera Mini (third party browser) to be considerably "snappier" than my Classic for sites like CB, Amazon, etc. But, for most browsing I'll grab Classic, PassPort or Z30 depending on which I've decided to carry as secondary fill in. Carrying two devices, you just learn which is better at what and apply the tool accordingly.

Spare OEM (JM1) batteries are really very, very, compact to carry in pocket. A simple battery swap restores the 9900 to 100% charge in under 3 minutes (including reboot). Nothing matches that, afaik.
    I keep spare batteries charged using a dedicated spare battery charger so that the phone itself never really needs to be plugged in. I've powered my 99s for quite a few years thru battery swaps exclusively. It's been so long since my 99's been plugged in to a wire, I honestly couldn't say if its usb even works! True wireless freedom, imo.
    07-06-16 04:30 PM
    I use an Iphone 6s Plus as my personal phone and I have a Blackberry classic for my business phone. I'm a Real Estate Agent and idk what I would do with out my keyboard lol

Posted via CB10
    07-06-16 06:17 PM
    OG BlackBerry Passport & BlackBerry Priv.

Passport is too good for daily use and Priv is my back-up for instant messaging only.

Posted via CB10
    07-06-16 08:09 PM
    No. I see a Lumia 950 for both work and personal use.
    07-06-16 08:40 PM
    Z10 work and personal.

Q5 / Z30 personal, with a sprinkling of Leap, Q10 and silver Passport on occasion. Passport would get more use if it had same sim size as the others.

Posted via CB10
    07-06-16 11:18 PM
79 123 ...