Hello to whoever reads this.
    I have an 8520 and have just bought an Acer Laptop windows7.
    The scenario.
    1)Have no internet connection on the PC neither do I have any wifi source.
    2)have an 8520 with internet connection.
    3) have no BB desktop manager installed, not even bbsak.
    What I tried.
    1) downloaded a free app called Tether from appworld. But it has to be installed on my pc too and I have no net connection so I can't do that.
    2) tried the windows connection manager settings but all in vain.

ANY suggestions or workarounds here. Any help would be highly appreciated.
    Thanx.

Edit: one way though could be is that if someone can send me the setup files of "Tether" for my win7 PC. It'll surely salvage me.
    Last edited by husainpatan; 04-15-12 at 05:06 AM.
    04-15-12 03:05 AM
    Hello to whoever reads this.
    I have an 8520 and have just bought an Acer Laptop windows7.
    The scenario.
    1)Have no internet connection on the PC neither do I have any wifi source.
    2)have an 8520 with internet connection.
    3) have no BB desktop manager installed, not even bbsak.
    What I tried.
    1) downloaded a free app called Tether from appworld. But it has to be installed on my pc too and I have no net connection so I can't do that.
    2) tried the windows connection manager settings but all in vain.

ANY suggestions or workarounds here. Any help would be highly appreciated.
    Thanx.

Edit: one way though could be is that if someone can send me the setup files of "Tether" for my win7 PC. It'll surely salvage me.
    Do what I do, download the desktop files onto your blackberry and then just copy it over to your computer.
    04-15-12 12:26 PM
    Yes. Download the Tether Desktop files on your BlackBerry through the Tether app itself. Then connect the BlackBerry to the computer and copy the EXE over and run it on the computer.
    04-15-12 02:23 PM
    thanx jonathon and switchbeach
    i tried doing that but the file always fails to download. Maybe its because of its 13 mb size.
    Can anyone of u send me the direct download link so i can download it on my n97 or 9900.
    Thanx
    04-15-12 03:07 PM
    You need to go somewhere that you have a good data connection on your BlackBerry and download it that way.

Here is the link from Tether's website.

http://tether.com/pb/13953120

http://tether.com/blackberry/windows

Note that if you are having a difficult time downloading a 13MB file on your BlackBerry, you probably are going to have a really hard time tethering a computer.
    04-15-12 03:24 PM
    You need to go somewhere that you have a good data connection on your BlackBerry and download it that way.

Here is the link from Tether's website.

http://tether.com/pb/13953120

BlackBerry for Windows Download | Tether

Note that if you are having a difficult time downloading a 13MB file on your BlackBerry, you probably are going to have a really hard time tethering a computer.
    Thanx a lot for the link..
    Its not that I have a bad connection ALWAYS. Bis isn't working here at my location due to some scheduled network maintenance works.. It'll probably be f9 in two days.
    04-16-12 10:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD