03-29-10 12:30 PM
26 12
tools
    I went to my local sprint store to play with the blackberries and there a couple of things I noticed right away:

* search on websites like craigslist, ebay, amazon requires a few clicks to magnify in versus the treo. is that because the web pages are just not optimized on the blackberry's?

- I think I know what you mean. Using Opera Mini you have to click on a field to bring up a blank text box that you type into, or perhaps you mean the BB broswer when it is set to display 'page view' - that can take a bit of zooming in.

However I just use the BB browser in 'column view' and all these sites are already optimised for mobile view so you just type straight into the search box, it's pretty quick.

* composing email....is there a way to have a set of canned responses that I can choose from whenever I reply or compose emails?

- You can set up all sorts of canned responses with the autotext list. There's already a few programmed in such as your phone number and BB PIN. I use

**All the best

Dom**

to sign off emails and

**Thanks for the mail and sorry for the late reply.**

I just type 2 or 3 z's to make them pop up. There are also loads of keyboard shorcuts that will get you firing out emails quickly and effortlessly.

I really liked the trackpad and was wondering if anyone had a work around for the issues above?
    Hi, I've replied with the info to the answers I could help with. Hope it helps you out a bit.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-29-10 12:30 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD