Still use my curve 9300 as a music player when I workout.

Posted via CB10
    02-15-14 09:49 PM
    9360. But I'm currently seriously thinking investing in a used or refurbished (maybe through T-Mobile) Q10 (since the Q5 isn't available in the States) because my 9360 won't open the app ChatOn, it says some crap about Java.Illegal or whatever and the Screen Display options changed back to what it was previously on by itself. I would rather just get a 9900 since they cost less but IDK if I will run into any of the issues.
    02-15-14 10:32 PM
    There is no legacy device in existence that comes anywhere close to BB10. If you think so you are sadly mistaken and in need of a vigorous head shaking.

Posted with the Glorious Z30
    02-15-14 10:42 PM
    There is no legacy device in existence that comes anywhere close to BB10. If you think so you are sadly mistaken and in need of a vigorous head shaking.

Posted with the Glorious Z30
    Is that why they sell so badly?

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums
    JeepBB likes this.
    02-16-14 03:05 AM
    I have both a Z10 and a Bold 9780.

One of things I love about BlackBerry is that their phones are almost indestructible! I've had my 9780 since it came out and it has not missed a single beat (it's taken some mild abuse too).

The 9780 is just so reliable. Plus the battery life is simply phenomenal.

I am completely in love with my Z10 and very tempted to pick up a Z30. However, I'm waiting to see what John Chen pulls out of the bag later this year.

Posted via CB10
    02-16-14 03:53 AM
    Yes.

I can just look at it to see the temperature and current wx conditions.
    I can just look at it to see my next calendar events.
    I can just look at it to see how many messages I have, from which accounts, and just look at it to READ a new message...don't even need to touch it in any way after a message arrives.
    I can just look at it to see what wifi network I'm connected to.
    I can just look at to see if any data is coming or going.
    And if the phone is across the room, and didn't just come out of a case....I can just look at it to see if the phone is still on (even with black screen)....and connected to a network, via green blinking light.

Yea, that's why many people still have a legacy 9900. None of those things are possible on the "faster" os10.
    Damn, but I miss that flashing coloured LED!

It was literally the biggest thing I missed when I left BB for WP.

As long as I could see my BB, I knew at a glance what calls and messages I'd received, and could assess from across the room if it was important enough for me to interrupt what I was doing. Now, *that* is productivity.
    mamasan47 likes this.
    02-16-14 05:02 AM
    I used to have a 9300 but got sick of how slow it was always getting that stupid clock. I went android then windows phone full circle back to a blackberry z10 and I couldn't be happier minus battery life

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk
    02-19-14 06:18 AM
    I use a Z10 as well as a 9900. I'm still quite pleased with my 9900 and have no plans to replace it...the phone still functions superbly for me.

Although I like the Z10, I'm not abandoning the 9900. I certainly like the 9900 far better than I like the Q10, perhaps due to it being familiar, perhaps due to its curved keyboard, who knows, but the 9900 is still a stellar device IMHO.

Sent via BlackBerry Z10
    02-19-14 08:18 AM
    I would love to see Legacy users make the switch to BB10. I used a Bold 9900 before getting the Z10. A few days in, I had mastered the touchscreen completely. But, once the Q10 came out, I started missing my beloved keyboard. So I got a Q10 for my work line and kept my Z10 ad my main line. BB10 is by far the best OS on the market. I've used an iPhone, i've used Android and i've even spent time with a Windows phone. BlackBerry10 is a multitasking dream!

'Men's Fashion & Lifestyle' C001214D9
    05-01-14 08:42 PM
    Me. I still use my three-year old Bold 9900 sometimes, although I use my Q10 as my daily driver now.

Posted via CB10
    05-01-14 09:53 PM
    I was using the 9360 because I found a second hand one for $30 but now I have a z10 because I found a second hand one for $100.

Posted via CB10
    05-01-14 10:16 PM
    I still use my 9900. It's a great device, no doubt. I have been really tempted as of late to try a Z30, but I simply can't justify the expense right now and something just doesn't feel right to me about moving to a touch only BB device. There is no way I will ever buy a Q10 or Q5 after they removed the trackpad and other dedicated buttons. It's not a competition between legacy and BB10, as BB10 no doubt is an amazing platform for a new generation. I know because I bought my girlfriend a Z10 and have read a lot about the phones. She loves it, and used to have an Android before that which was full of malware and a battery which died far too often.

However, for many of the reasons legacy user have listed here I will stick to my 9900 for now. If BlackBerry releases an updated Bold (which is what I think the Q30/BlackBerry Classic will be) then I may move to that at some point.

Also, I really do enjoy the 9900 and PlayBook combo when used with BlackBerry Bridge. The BlackBerry Bridge feature and the way it works on legacy BB devices, is simply untouchable. It is ahead of its time and to this day is a very innovative solution for security and mobility. The concept of this has flown over the heads of Apple and Google, as they have no such tool which can come close to allowing you to link your devices the same way.
    mamasan47 likes this.
    05-02-14 12:27 AM
137 ... 456