It's the spark! Clearly South Korea loves it's BlackBerry's to include the notification Spark to their logo! Same spot on the icon too hahaha love it!!
    Attached Thumbnails anyone notice the Olympic logo this year? looks familiar...-90500.jpg  
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    02-12-18 11:01 PM
    The asterisk predates Blackberry by about 2000 years.
    Invictus0, Qorax and brianmartinuk like this.
    02-13-18 07:23 AM
    The asterisk predates Blackberry by about 2000 years.
    Why would they put an asterisk beside the Olympic logo? Everyone cheating? It's a notice that it's on!! It's an alert. Wake up Debbie downer hahahah

P.S this treat isn't showing up in my participated threads for some reason
    02-13-18 11:34 AM
    Why would they put an asterisk beside the Olympic logo? Everyone cheating? It's a notice that it's on!! It's an alert.
    It’s a snowflake.
    02-13-18 11:58 AM
    It’s a snowflake.
    Wrong. It's literally the spark hahah
    Attached Thumbnails anyone notice the Olympic logo this year? looks familiar...-90501.jpg  
    02-13-18 12:02 PM
    Wrong. It's literally the spark hahah
    What makes more sense, that the Winter Olympics would use an asterisk to symbolize snow, or a Blackberry notification badge?
    02-13-18 12:03 PM
    Whatever silliness you want to believe is your business.
    Exact symbol n placement. Silly indeed. Why everyone so serious n so pessimistic on here? Jesus lol have some fun on here man
    02-13-18 12:06 PM
    Or the real meaning is more interesting.

https://www.olympic.org/news/pyeongc...fficial-emblem

WHERE THE EARTH MEETS THE SKY

The emblem’s design has its roots in Hangul, with the shapes that form the logo stemming from the first consonants of each syllable in the word “PyeongChang” when it is written in Hangul. The first character in the emblem also represents a gathering place where the three elements of Cheon-ji-in – heaven, earth, and human – are in harmony. The second character symbolises snow and ice, as well as the athletes’ stellar performances. PyeongChang 2018’s new emblem symbolises a grand gathering of people from all around the world in celebration of Olympic winter sports, which is taking place in the harmonious land of PyeongChang – “A square where the earth meets the sky, and where athletes excel in snow or on ice - that’s where everyone will celebrate the world’s biggest winter festival in 2018.”
    velkod and Invictus0 like this.
    02-13-18 12:49 PM
    Or the real meaning is more interesting.

https://www.olympic.org/news/pyeongc...fficial-emblem

WHERE THE EARTH MEETS THE SKY

The emblem’s design has its roots in Hangul, with the shapes that form the logo stemming from the first consonants of each syllable in the word “PyeongChang” when it is written in Hangul. The first character in the emblem also represents a gathering place where the three elements of Cheon-ji-in – heaven, earth, and human – are in harmony. The second character symbolises snow and ice, as well as the athletes’ stellar performances. PyeongChang 2018’s new emblem symbolises a grand gathering of people from all around the world in celebration of Olympic winter sports, which is taking place in the harmonious land of PyeongChang – “A square where the earth meets the sky, and where athletes excel in snow or on ice - that’s where everyone will celebrate the world’s biggest winter festival in 2018.”
    How dare you, come at me with an actual explanation.
    02-13-18 01:03 PM
    Lol... it's apparently 'ㅊ' but I like your spark theory. Is Korea still a strong BlackBerry market?

Posted via CB10
    velkod likes this.
    02-13-18 02:00 PM
    Is Korea still a strong BlackBerry market?
    They launched the Priv there a week before exiting the hardware business, I doubt that won them back many fans.

​BlackBerry to return to Korea with Priv after three years away | ZDNet
    velkod likes this.
    02-13-18 02:17 PM
    Lol... it's apparently 'ㅊ' but I like your spark theory. Is Korea still a strong BlackBerry market?

Posted via CB10
    Right? I bought a flip case for my keyone yesterday and tech emporium in Burlington. Guy said his black keyone sold immediately n silver one seems really well. I think it's slowly coming back. Love this phone

Flip case is really good too. Great quality n works perfectly
    02-13-18 02:55 PM
    They launched the Priv there a week before exiting the hardware business, I doubt that won them back many fans.

BlackBerry to return to Korea with Priv after three years away | ZDNet
    Devices, probably not. Services and software though...you know, what they offloaded devices to do... might be a different story.

https://www.telecomasia.net/content/...orm-blackberry
    velkod likes this.
    02-13-18 04:00 PM
    Don't get distracted! Clearly the logo is a sing that BlackBerry is on the rise after - or during - the Olympics ;-)

CB10 on my PP SE
    rarsen and velkod like this.
    02-13-18 04:10 PM
    Devices, probably not. Services and software though...you know, what they offloaded devices to do... might be a different story.

https://www.telecomasia.net/content/...orm-blackberry
    Perhaps but they also have local competition from Samsung and Knox. The ZDNet article says they weren't reopening their office so I do wonder what type of presence they have there.

Sounds like a topic for the next big CrackBerry feature, "The State of EMM Solutions in South Korea".
    velkod likes this.
    02-13-18 04:54 PM
    SPLAT
    velkod likes this.
    02-13-18 10:52 PM
    Perhaps but they also have local competition from Samsung and Knox. The ZDNet article says they weren't reopening their office so I do wonder what type of presence they have there.

Sounds like a topic for the next big CrackBerry feature, "The State of EMM Solutions in South Korea".
    At one time the CrackBerry EMM (BES) forums were pretty busy, back in the day most every big and small business had to have a BES Server, even if it was BES-X. Today, not so much... it's really on the big companies that bother with it. That said BlackBerry UEM is very profitable.... but these days you had better have a support plan.
    02-14-18 07:46 AM
    At one time the CrackBerry EMM (BES) forums were pretty busy, back in the day most every big and small business had to have a BES Server, even if it was BES-X. Today, not so much... it's really on the big companies that bother with it. That said BlackBerry UEM is very profitable.... but these days you had better have a support plan.
    Right, but how many in South Korea? It seems BlackBerry devices were popular there at one point but does that nostalgia extend to EMM now as well?
    02-14-18 09:51 AM
    Right, but how many in South Korea? It seems BlackBerry devices were popular there at one point but does that nostalgia extend to EMM now as well?
    Nostalgia... no.

But BlackBerry does have one of the top EMM solutions and is well known for their security... and the EMM vendors are consolidating.

Besides BlackBerry and Samsung are all buddy-buddy...
    02-14-18 10:01 AM
    Nostalgia... no.

But BlackBerry does have one of the top EMM solutions and is well known for their security... and the EMM vendors are consolidating.

Besides BlackBerry and Samsung are all buddy-buddy...
    But without a local office in South Korea (according to the above article anyway) are they making much progress there? I'd assume that's where Knox would have the advantage, local support that admins can turn to.

They do have an office in Hong Kong which I'm sure can be attributed to some of their success there,

https://ca.blackberry.com/company/about-us/maps

Edit: It wasn't showing up in the search but it seems they do have an office in Seoul.
    02-14-18 10:40 AM
    Right? I bought a flip case for my keyone yesterday and tech emporium in Burlington. Guy said his black keyone sold immediately n silver one seems really well. I think it's slowly coming back. Love this phone

Flip case is really good too. Great quality n works perfectly
    The logo looks like this ㅍ*

If the * is the BlackBerry spark then what is the ㅍ? Maybe this is the next PKB design and the logo is an early reveal pre-MWC. It's square and it looks like it has some hefty bottom/top bezels.... sounds like a BlackBerry to me!

Posted via CB10
    02-14-18 07:34 PM
    The logo looks like this ㅍ*

If the * is the BlackBerry spark then what is the ㅍ? Maybe this is the next PKB design and the logo is an early reveal pre-MWC. It's square and it looks like it has some hefty bottom/top bezels.... sounds like a BlackBerry to me!

Posted via CB10
    Hahahahah
    02-14-18 10:13 PM