Just a bit curious about how it affects the display of the Z10. I have a clear screen protector now, but I'm opting to go matte since the clear one really is a fingerprint magnet. I'm just holding back because I know that the matte finish kind of blurs the screen a bit.

Your suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Posted via my sexy Z10
    05-01-13 08:06 AM
    Just a bit curious about how it affects the display of the Z10. I have a clear screen protector now, but I'm opting to go matte since the clear one really is a fingerprint magnet. I'm just holding back because I know that the matte finish kind of blurs the screen a bit.

Your suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Posted via my sexy Z10
    Me. It's okay but I think it dulls out the display a bit. Maybe it's just my perception. You can get a 5 pack on ebay for about a buck a piece so you really have nothing to lose. Try it out and give it a shot. Like you, the fingerprints were driving me nuts

Posted via CB10
    yelmonster likes this.
    05-01-13 08:11 AM
    Me. It's okay but I think it dulls out the display a bit. Maybe it's just my perception. You can get a 5 pack on ebay for about a buck a piece so you really have nothing to lose. Try it out and give it a shot. Like you, the fingerprints were driving me nuts

Posted via CB10
    So you have it on now and it dulls out the display for you? Hmm, I'll be trying that eBay suggestion. Cheers!

Posted via my sexy Z10
    05-01-13 08:12 AM
    I'm using Tru's anti glare one. You're right, it does dull the display a little but I like that I don't have to wipe down the screen nearly as much. Instead I find myself wiping the screen over the camera and sensors as they aren't covered and you can really see the finger print smudges. Lol

Posted via CB10
    05-01-13 08:16 AM
    I'm using Tru's anti glare one. You're right, it does dull the display a little but I like that I don't have to wipe down the screen nearly as much. Instead I find myself wiping the screen over the camera and sensors as they aren't covered and you can really see the finger print smudges. Lol

Posted via CB10
    But is the dulling bearable? I'd hate to sacrifice the super clear display of the Z10.

Posted via my sexy Z10
    05-01-13 08:21 AM
    I'm on the same boat as OP. I'm not sure which screen protector to buy and the matte screen protector looks and feels good on the iPhone 5..
    yelmonster likes this.
    05-01-13 08:25 AM
    i have a matte and i plan on switching it for a clear because of the dulling. well, it's mostly because i want my z10 to shine next to my friends' iphone 5's... right now my z10 is not faring well in screen comparisons and i think the matte screen protector has to do with that!
    yelmonster likes this.
    05-01-13 08:25 AM
    i have a matte and i plan on switching it for a clear because of the dulling. well, it's mostly because i want my z10 to shine next to my friends' iphone 5's... right now my z10 is not faring well in screen comparisons and i think the matte screen protector has to do with that!
    Lol. BlackBerry pride!

Posted via my sexy Z10
    05-01-13 08:26 AM
    I'm thinking of switching to the matte now. I just wiped my screen clean now, and noticed that it's harder to swipe up when typing on the keyboard after cleaning the screen.

Think it'll be smoother to use the gestures with a matte protector. Anyone agree with me?

Posted via my sexy Z10
    05-01-13 08:28 AM
    The matte finish gives the screen somewhat of a frosted look, so it will affect the clarity and glossiness somewhat. On the plus side, it will give it some glare resistance, doesn't pick up oil from your fingers as much, and makes it easy for you fingers to slide around the screen.
    05-01-13 08:42 AM
    But is the dulling bearable? I'd hate to sacrifice the super clear display of the Z10.

Posted via my sexy Z10
    It's very bearable as I'm used to it. I've had it on since Feb 5th with no problems. Comes in a two pack and static cling.

That said, when it's next to another z10 or iPhone5, then I can really see the difference it is def not as sharp. But I'm ok with it.

If I'm honest, I'm waiting for the XT tempered glass screen protector to be released, then I may try that out. It's supposed to be anti smudge.

Posted via CB10
    05-01-13 09:19 AM
    I went from a glossy to a matte. The glossy one was very noticeable in terms of finger smudge/prints. With the matte I have no complaints and in fact I think the matte ones look cooler imo.
    05-01-13 09:39 AM
    I've had matte and glossy on several phones before and prefer matte. Besides not having to wipe it down as much, it seems to have more longevity than a glossy screen protector and I personally like the texture on touchscreens. As stated, it does dull the brightness out a little, but that doesn't bother me.
    05-01-13 09:55 AM
    I tossed that c***py iShield thing that the dealer suckered me into and bought a Z10 matt protector from Cellaris. Huge difference! I did have to up the brightness by about 10%, but it resists finger oil and dust way better. Sure I have to give it a brisk wipe with a lint-free wipe every few days, but it always keeps its finish. It's as good today as the day I bought it (about a month ago).
    05-01-13 09:57 AM
    Running a matte one here too. Like it a lot better than clear. Seems easier to clean too.

Posted via CB10
    05-01-13 10:20 AM
    Great! I'm definitely getting the matte one tomorrow!!!!! Thanks for the feedbacks guys!

Posted via my sexy Z10
    05-01-13 10:32 AM
    ive had an otter box and took out the screen protector and bought a matte one and love it as i had one prior on my pb and love how your fingers dont stick like with a clear one i noticed when cleaned its harder to swipe and what not but the matte has a film like feel that no matter what your finger just glides and not smudging up the screen 5 sec later and instead of wiping every hour i do it maybe once a day if that, and as for screen i gotten use to the non glossy of the screen so its up to you to try it out and see in your own opinion
    05-01-13 10:48 AM
    I bought a red Phantom skin that came with the matte screen protector. I didn't like the dullness of my screen while it was on. After reading some of the comments I will put on another one. I was use long a clear one which worked fine for me.

Posted via CB10
    05-01-13 01:50 PM