I'd like to get my son off the Verizon plan and onto his own, and Straight Talk is a good deal. Wondering if it will work and if I'll need any workarounds to get it going.

Posted via CB10
    07-20-15 10:16 AM
    1) Verizon limits the phones that will work via Straight Talk and their network.

2) Your Verizon Z30 is unlocked, so it will work with other networks... like AT&T and T-mobile that Straight Talk does most of their business with.

I think the key is, do you need Verizon's network or not.

If you need Verizon's network... you'll have to check. Their is a CHECK COMPATIBILITY AND REGISTER YOUR PHONE page on the Straight Talk site base on your area (their contracts) and your IMEI/MEID/ESN.

If you are fine with AT&T or T-Mobile coverage... yes it will work.
    07-20-15 10:48 AM
    1) Verizon limits the phones that will work via Straight Talk and their network.

2) Your Verizon Z30 is unlocked, so it will work with other networks... like AT&T and T-mobile that Straight Talk does most of their business with.

I think the key is, do you need Verizon's network or not.

If you need Verizon's network... you'll have to check. Their is a CHECK COMPATIBILITY AND REGISTER YOUR PHONE page on the Straight Talk site base on your area (their contracts) and your IMEI/MEID/ESN.

If you are fine with AT&T or T-Mobile coverage... yes it will work.
    Thanks, I will check and see. But both AT&T and T-Mobile have fine coverage here so if I can't have Verizon it will still be alright.

Posted via CB10
    07-20-15 10:51 AM