I'm not sure if it's because I have my Tour set to turn off at night and turn on again in the morning, but so far, these last two mornings after the update, I get in my car and the Bluetooth isn't working. I go into "Manage Connections", and my Bluetooth is off, instead of on, which is the way I'd left it the previous night before the phone it turned itself off. Anyone else having this difficulty after the Verizon OS update?
    04-01-10 08:11 PM
    My Bluetooth stays on. But then again, my BlackBerry is never turned off.
    04-01-10 08:23 PM
    It happened to me today.
    04-01-10 08:29 PM
    I had the same thing and found that the setting under bluetooth options that says "connect on power up" was not checked. Not sure if this is a new option. I have not restarted since I set this setting, but I assume it will auto start now.
    04-01-10 08:33 PM
    I'm not sure if it's because I have my Tour set to turn off at night and turn on again in the morning, but so far, these last two mornings after the update, I get in my car and the Bluetooth isn't working. I go into "Manage Connections", and my Bluetooth is off, instead of on, which is the way I'd left it the previous night before the phone it turned itself off. Anyone else having this difficulty after the Verizon OS update?
    Is the blue tooth set to connect on power up? go into bt, then options this is how mine is set and I have no problems

04-01-10 08:45 PM
    Yes, my Bluetooth is set to connect on Power Up. Not sure what the problem is here, but I'm seriously thinking of going back to 4.7. Thanks for the suggestions, though!
    04-02-10 06:08 AM
    Mine worked for a few days after the upgrade and then stopped suddenly yesterday. I couldn't even "enable Bluetooth" or do anything to get it working again. I ended up deleting the connection and repairing it and worked after that. I leave mine on all the time, except for a Quickpull reboot every night and that didn't seem to make any difference. I also don't use the connect at startup as my blurtoooth unit is in my truck and only want it to connect when I am in it. We'll see if it works today.
    04-02-10 07:42 AM
    I just restarted my Tour for the first time since changing the "connect on power up" to yes and it did not reconnect on power up. hmmmm.

Also, when I enable the chick box under connections, it does not take. I keep doing it about 12-15 times and eventually it will take. What a PITA.

I might be going back to .419 as this is a deal breaker for me.
    04-02-10 10:02 AM
    I commented elsewhere that I thought Bluetooth was a bit flakey in this release - at least in regards to getting it to "stick" when turning on.

I also had an unusual thing happen this morning. Sitting in the cradle, the phone woke up and when it did the keyboard backlight was pulsing on and off and the LED was a steady bright green. I took it off the cradle and the screen and keyboard returned to normal, but the led remained bright green. Battery pull fixed it. The only thing I changed was loading in the new BB Twitter beta - suspect.
    04-02-10 10:15 AM
    I just restarted my Tour for the first time since changing the "connect on power up" to yes and it did not reconnect on power up. hmmmm.

Also, when I enable the chick box under connections, it does not take. I keep doing it about 12-15 times and eventually it will take. What a PITA.

I might be going back to .419 as this is a deal breaker for me.
    Exactly my experience!
    04-02-10 10:16 AM
    I have noticed the same thing since upgrading to 5.0. I have had to reboot, as the bluetooth becomes disabled and can not be enabled. The Connect at Power Up was always checked yes. I had no problems at 4.7.
    04-18-10 08:55 PM
    I have been having the same problem for the past few weeks. I have not upgraded to 5.0 though...
    04-19-10 08:43 AM
    I have the problem, I have to click mine 50 times and it will finally "take" for some reason, then I just leave it on. But it will magically turn its self off in a couple days.
    04-19-10 10:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD