First, and foremost, I love RIM! I'm getting extremely frustrated with the iPhone and Android people. They throw it in our faces that they are better than us berry people. Sure, RIM doesn't have a 3.7in. Screen, tons of apps for games, etc, BUT what system has the BB notifications setup! NO ONE!!! Sure, RIM could step it up a bit, but I still love my berry...

Is anyone getting disappointed for keeping rIm's back and supporting them? I am, but I'm not.... I find myself wanting to go to the iphone, but see that I'll miss a lot from BB... I just wish they'd step it up a little bit competition wise. mixed feelings I guess.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-13-10 02:39 PM
    What do you expect from a troll? The best thing you can do is to ignore them.
    08-13-10 02:47 PM
    I neither "love" or "hate" RIM. I LIKE my Storm, however. There's good and bad to be said for all the cellular carriers, all the phone mfgrs, etc, etc. At the end of the day, I use the phone I think is best suited to me. I'm not married to any brand (but I WILL miss BBM if I switch to a droid). Why people identify with their cell phone mfgrs is beyond me.
    08-13-10 03:06 PM
    That's what I don't get. I know there are trolls and such, and although some make sense, why are we said to be "settling" with RIM when we could have a bigger Better phone as they say? I don't get it. It should be "to each their own", but no.... They have toash out at us crap... We could lash about things we don't like about the otherr phones (droid, iphone, etc), but we don't... We're aware they are better for the most part.

08-13-10 03:40 PM
    That's what I don't get. I know there are trolls and such, and although some make sense, why are we said to be "settling" with RIM when we could have a bigger Better phone as they say? I don't get it. It should be "to each their own", but no.... They have toash out at us crap... We could lash about things we don't like about the otherr phones (droid, iphone, etc), but we don't... We're aware they are better for the most part.

Presuming you meant what you said about the other phones being better, why do you have a BB? Are you a masochist?
    08-13-10 03:43 PM
    I'm not getting tired of anything. It obviously says something about the maturity of the majority of android and iPhone users. I mean they are marketed to kids.
    08-13-10 03:53 PM
    I'm not getting tired of anything. It obviously says something about the maturity of the majority of android and iPhone users. I mean they are marketed to kids.
    That's probably why the iphone users SUPPOSEDLY have more sex than owners of other phones (what a STUPID stat). If the average age of an Jesus phone owner is 10+ years younger than the average cell phone owner, that only makes sense. They'd have u believe it's because the phone "makes the owner sexier". gimmie a frickin' break, people!! (no, I'm not upset. I just pretend to be)
    08-13-10 03:57 PM
    That's probably why the iphone users SUPPOSEDLY have more sex than owners of other phones (what a STUPID stat). If the average age of an Jesus phone owner is 10+ years younger than the average cell phone owner, that only makes sense. They'd have u believe it's because the phone "makes the owner sexier". gimmie a frickin' break, people!! (no, I'm not upset. I just pretend to be)
    haha yeah. Without a doubt, one of the stupidest stats around.

It's almost like saying Lamborghini drivers get more action than Kia drivers. Of course... It's the Lambo driver's top priority.. Chances are the Kia driver is either working his *** off or it just isn't his top priority. You market a phone/car as sexy, people who's top priority to look sexy buy it.. Simple as that.
    08-13-10 04:20 PM
    That's probably why the iphone users SUPPOSEDLY have more sex than owners of other phones
    It's all those fart apps, I just know it.
    08-13-10 05:37 PM
    It's all those fart apps, I just know it.
    LOL! could be!
    08-13-10 05:40 PM
    Why do BB users get a break, calling the other phones names along with the people that use them. Why does anyone care what phone other people are using??? Use what works best for you and stop all these silly threads. JMHO.
    08-13-10 07:17 PM
    We get a break because we don't go to android and iPhone forums to say how much better our devices are. We stay in our own forum because we don't care what phone's other people use. If your going to come into a blackberry forum stating opinions as facts, get ready to be flamed... If someone comes with reasonable opposing views and isn't just trying to cause fights, that is more than fine. MHO
    08-13-10 07:26 PM
    We get a break because we don't go to android and iPhone forums to say how much better our devices are. We stay in our own forum because we don't care what phone's other people use. If your going to come into a blackberry forum stating opinions as facts, get ready to be flamed... If someone comes with reasonable opposing views and isn't just trying to cause fights, that is more than fine. MHO
    Have you been to the iphone section of crackberry? Full of people looking to flame. I find it all childish, in both directions, and it's unproductive. These forums are a place to come look for help with a phone, app, etc. but instead every other thread (probably an exaggeration) is aimed at pitting one side against the other in order to boost an ego.
    08-13-10 07:37 PM
    Have you been to the iphone section of crackberry? Full of people looking to flame. I find it all childish, in both directions, and it's unproductive. These forums are a place to come look for help with a phone, app, etc. but instead every other thread (probably an exaggeration) is aimed at pitting one side against the other in order to boost an ego.
    If you feel strongly enough about flamers, I suggest (seriously) that you contact the mods via PM and explain your feelings. If enough people do that, it's POSSIBLE that the most egregious examples of baiting/flaming between the major "factions" of phone owners will be deleted/edited. OR, you may find that management here doesn't mind a spirited debate, even when it tends to cross the line into name calling and other childish behavior. remember, if one plays in the mud, one will get soiled. I know that while I see some mod's reminders to be civil , there still remains lots of "iffy" (IMO) posts that serve no useful purpose that I can see, other than to taunt the "other side". Personally, I see nothing wrong with someone pointing out, ON NEUTRAL GROUND, a deficiency or issue with a particular phone, but when a member habitually goes into a forum that doesn't pertain to the phone they idolize/own, and persistently disses the phones and its users, that behavior ought to carry some consequences.
    08-13-10 07:53 PM
    You all make very good points .I have to say, I love the point about the fart app, LOL. It's just weird how they all like to flame the BB all the time. Pointless. Sorry if this seems like a pointless thread. I was just curious.
    08-13-10 08:02 PM
    Actually I have only gone into the iPhone sub forum once to read the thread on why iPhone users have more sex than other smartphone users, because I thought it was quite comical. And seriously, if iPhone and android users come to Crackberry for advice.. That's just silly. Crackberry is a site for Blackberry users and abusers.
    08-13-10 08:04 PM
    Actually I have only gone into the iPhone sub forum once to read the thread on why iPhone users have more sex than other smartphone users, because I thought it was quite comical. And seriously, if iPhone and android users come to Crackberry for advice.. That's just silly. Crackberry is a site for Blackberry users and abusers.
    There are multiple subforums in Crackberry for a reason; people often like to move around and try different devices. There is nothing wrong with that. I find it refreshing that the owners of the site thought of that and designed places for others to hang out.

My only point was that it seems a lot of bandwidth is being used as bragging rights, instead of helping people. As Dave1812 said, there is nothing wrong with a spirited debate such as which screen do you like best, which keyboard works best for you, etc.
    08-13-10 08:11 PM
    There are multiple subforums in Crackberry for a reason; people often like to move around and try different devices. There is nothing wrong with that. I find it refreshing that the owners of the site thought of that and designed places for others to hang out.

My only point was that it seems a lot of bandwidth is being used as bragging rights, instead of helping people. As Dave1812 said, there is nothing wrong with a spirited debate such as which screen do you like best, which keyboard works best for you, etc.
    If you refer to post #12 of this thread, you would see that I agree.
    "If someone comes with reasonable opposing views and isn't just trying to cause fights, that is more than fine. MHO"

Also, Crackberry is a member of the Smartphone Experts family, which has specific forums for each smartphone OS. My point was, it would make more sense to go to one of those sites for information on non-Blackberry smartphones.
    08-13-10 08:27 PM
    I see more people using BB than other devices. I will see an iphone once in awhile but for the majority of customers I see it is BLACKBERRY

08-14-10 01:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD