This isn't a constant thing with my Curve and I never would've done a reboot and not thought twice if my wife's hadn't done the same thing. I got on BB MSNGR and started asking around and it happened to at least 4 other people other than my wife and I.

I live in Ontario, Canada so it may just be limited to this area, but I was just curious if anyone else had this problem this morning.

It didn't work for bell and telus users.

Again, not looking for advice on how to fix it, just curious if other people had the same thing happen.

Cheers
    04-19-10 08:49 AM
    Your BB keypad is sore from being abused of usages. By getting back on you guys it disable your alarm ;p

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-19-10 08:58 AM
    Your BB keypad is sore from being abused of usages. By getting back on you guys it disable your alarm ;p

Yeah, I dunno what u mean.

04-19-10 09:02 AM
    Yeah, I dunno what u mean.

That makes two of us.

[edit]

I get it, he's saying you use it too much and it's getting back at you by turning off the alarm proactively.

Took me a while to puzzle that one out.
    04-19-10 11:02 AM
    Ahh, fair enough.
    Well still I'm assuming from the lack of responses on here that this wasn't the pandemic that I thought it was. Strange.

04-19-10 12:27 PM
    I'm in Alberta and my Curve alarm went off this morning as scheduled.
    04-19-10 02:26 PM
    That's odd. My 9700 woke me up with "I'm In a Hurry" by Alabama, like it does every day.
    04-19-10 02:30 PM
    That's odd. My 9700 woke me up with "I'm In a Hurry" by Alabama, like it does every day.

lol pretty funny
    04-20-10 09:32 PM
    Mine worked too.......
    Even after three snooze hits it kept going off....
    04-20-10 10:15 PM
    Lol good ole jim jones every morning

04-20-10 10:17 PM
    Mine worked fine this morning. Your problem is probably just a coincidence.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    04-21-10 08:07 AM
    do you know what os you are running? You many need a upgrade...this happened to me awhile back....let me know how that goes for you

04-21-10 08:10 AM
    But why would the alarm clock be impacted by the network ? I have used my alarm with all network connections off and it has worked no problem.
    04-21-10 09:45 AM
    The Curve 83xx and Pearl 81xx seem to have problems with the alarm app (they're basically the same phone). When I had a Pearl, the alarm wouldn't go off about once every 2 months.

Why it happened to you and some of your friends at the same time, I've no idea.
    04-21-10 09:49 AM
    I never had any issues with the BB alarm on my Curve or Tour, but I now use a 3rd party alarm app called SwooshAlarm, it's failproof and offers tons more customization than the BB alarm.
    04-21-10 09:53 AM
    That. Is. Awesome . And, let me guess, when you're on vacation you have it set to wake you up 3 hours later than normal to "TLCASAP."

Back on topic - My alarm went off like normal today, as well.
    04-21-10 10:27 AM
    My alarm did NOT go off this morning, first time ever! Thankfully my husband was already up so he woke me. Could have been bad! I thought it was just me, that I had gone too long between battery pulls (3 days).. Mine was set for 5:30 am Eastern, in case it matters..

If it's a coincidence it is certainly a strange one!
    04-21-10 03:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD