Sounds like Canadians are only for and about Canadians. Eh
    Comments by many Canadians on this forum have made non Canadians like myself want to leave to another platform. Let's see how BlackBerry does with only Canadian users.
    ChrisInSD likes this.
    06-04-12 08:59 PM
    Please don't paint us all for the comments of a few. Your comment is not only wrong, it is unfair and reflects poorly upon you.
    06-04-12 09:04 PM
    I heard Canadians are kinky lovers.
    06-04-12 09:23 PM
    I always liked that a Canadian company had Canadian CEO's at the helm. Judging from American news, having pride in a national institution isn't a bad thing.

It's like I have always appreciated that the government has the ability to step in to stop foreign takeovers of Canadian corporation.

Nothing wrong with some protectionism. I guess behaving American by liking that a company is run by the 'hometown guys' is only okay when Americans do it?
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    06-04-12 10:51 PM
    I heard Canadians are kinky lovers.
    Damn.... wish I knew that last year visiting BC.
    06-04-12 11:56 PM
    Thank you--this tagline is totally cheesy. Kevin, et al should stop using it...please. We are already considered the "dorky" phone, let's not have this nerdy tagline to help cement the image.
    JR A and oldtimeBBaddict like this.
    06-05-12 12:28 AM
    Comments by many Canadians on this forum have made non Canadians like myself want to leave to another platform. Let's see how BlackBerry does with only Canadian users.
    This is totally true. I know this is off topic but the vitriol (largely directed only at Americans) by the Canadians on this forum is really palpable. You like to regularly accuse us of cowboy-crazy patriotism with a passive aggressive condescension, but you are often nastily nationalistic. Americans don't care that BlackBerry is a Canadian company...they just want a phone that works.
    06-05-12 12:34 AM
    Please don't paint us all for the comments of a few. Your comment is not only wrong, it is unfair and reflects poorly upon you.
    Sorry let me change that in my OP to some.
    06-05-12 03:59 AM
    Nothing wrong with national or pride in your country but what does it matter if a born Canadian is in charge or insert from where ever? Does that make RIM not Canadian?

Would you rather have no RIM or a RIM run owned by South Africa or insert country. I said I hope it doesn't happen and would like to see them stay as they are but I also would like to see them not go under.

Deleted a lot here. I just think it is silly to worry that a companies CEO isn't a native of said companies nation. Does that make Canadians any less?
    Last edited by kbz1960; 06-05-12 at 05:40 AM. Reason: Add
    amazinglygraceless likes this.
    06-05-12 04:06 AM
    Guys, there was ONE post on Page 5 from one Canadian regarding RIM's choice of a non Canadian CEO... Only one! And there are at least SEVEN responses disliking the post referencing CANADIANS.

You guys blew this WAY out of proportion.
    06-05-12 07:55 AM
    As a Canadian who owns RIM product but not RIM stock, I couldn't care less the nationality of RIM's new CEO... I just hope BB10 kicks asses... Oh wait, does "BB10 kicks asses" sounds cheesy for some people?
    06-05-12 08:01 AM
    Guys, there was ONE post on Page 5 from one Canadian regarding RIM's choice of a non Canadian CEO... Only one! And there are at least SEVEN responses disliking the post referencing CANADIANS.

You guys blew this WAY out of proportion.
    Agreed. And so did mine.
    06-05-12 08:02 AM
    Please do not confuse a not quite perfect command of English or a slight mis-quote of a phrase as a lack of intelligence or, of intent.

Mr. Heins is a very smart cookie indeed to have gotten where he is and to have been trusted with RIM's well being. We should give him our support and not nit-pick his slight idiosyncrasies when delivering euphemisms.

RIM, in my opinion is very definitely Rock 'n Roll.
    06-05-12 08:29 AM
    I said I (well not just I, in discussion with tech minded friends and clients a lot of them said it too) was disappointed. I will take it if it means RIM stays alive. Lets face it, the two Canadians previously in the position are the reason RIM is collapsing.

You know what, never mind. Its a moot point anyway because the tools my fellow Canadians voted for (not me, Harper isn't my doing) has already said they won't stop a foreign buyout of RIM.

Sent from my Lumia 710 using Board Express
    06-05-12 11:29 AM
    We have dummies in charge also.
    06-05-12 11:37 AM
    Yep, back on topic. They really need something new. Crackberry can do so much better.
    JR A likes this.
    06-05-12 12:35 PM
    *sigh*

"Let's rock and roll this" was Thorsten's rallying cry to the Blackberry faithful, it wasn't intended as any kind of public tagline or slogan. It was a mildly awkward colloquialism. I haven't heard or seen any indication that this is going to be used by RIM Marketing in any shape or form.

I would, however, still love to get that t-shirt that Alec Saunders had that read "Stay Calm and Be Bold"
    JR A likes this.
    06-05-12 12:43 PM
    Ok guys, no more politics, and back on topic, PLEASE don't make me post up a silly picture!!!!! (Adam Zeis hates when I do that!) And Tonis too far, you know what I mean!
    06-05-12 12:50 PM
    Sorry Mr. PK....... Once again.

As you know sometimes I can't help myself.
    pkcable likes this.
    06-05-12 12:55 PM
    Sorry ...
    pkcable likes this.
    06-05-12 01:14 PM
    I always liked that a Canadian company had Canadian CEO's at the helm. Judging from American news, having pride in a national institution isn't a bad thing.

It's like I have always appreciated that the government has the ability to step in to stop foreign takeovers of Canadian corporation.

Nothing wrong with some protectionism. I guess behaving American by liking that a company is run by the 'hometown guys' is only okay when Americans do it?

The real American thing to do would to have government not even be involved in the first place when it comes to who a corporation decides to be CEO...
    oldtimeBBaddict likes this.
    06-05-12 02:30 PM
96 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD