I picked up a spare 9900 that must have come out of a corporation that had a tight IT policy as it's locked down pretty tight. No WiFi, no loading apps, etc. Just email, phone calls and basic factory apps. Period.

I tried many times to "RESET TO FACTORY" via the BlackBerry Manager on my PC. No dice. You click on the "RESET TO FACTORY" Button and you get "An Error Occurred, Unable to Perform Reset". I have not tried Loader, but assume if the Manager program can't do it, Loader will have the same issue.

Is it possible that this Berry is locked down permanently? I have never heard of that, but I can't think of any other reasons why I can't reset it to factory and get rid of that heavy IT lock down policy that is ruining an otherwise beautiful 9900.

Thanks in advance.
    08-04-15 10:41 PM
    I have not tried Loader, but assume if the Manager program can't do it, Loader will have the same issue.
    Wouldn't hurt to find out...
    08-04-15 10:48 PM
    Wouldn't hurt to find out...
    Yes. That's a fact. Was not sure Loader would work on 7.1, but it can't hurt to try. The ATT 9900 is useless as it sits now. Might as well try everything. Worst that can happen is it bricks the phone. It's close to that now with this heavy IT lockdown.
    08-04-15 10:56 PM
    I picked up a spare 9900 that must have come out of a corporation that had a tight IT policy as it's locked down pretty tight. No WiFi, no loading apps, etc. Just email, phone calls and basic factory apps. Period.

I tried many times to "RESET TO FACTORY" via the BlackBerry Manager on my PC. No dice. You click on the "RESET TO FACTORY" Button and you get "An Error Occurred, Unable to Perform Reset". I have not tried Loader, but assume if the Manager program can't do it, Loader will have the same issue.

Is it possible that this Berry is locked down permanently? I have never heard of that, but I can't think of any other reasons why I can't reset it to factory and get rid of that heavy IT lock down policy that is ruining an otherwise beautiful 9900.

Thanks in advance.
    On the Bold 9900 go into Option, Security & select Security Wipe. Write the word BlackBerry in the box and click Wipe. It should factory Reset the device. If it doesn't, return to the place of purchase as they are responsible for making any devices they buy & sell, fit for consumer use.

If they can't, it's a Refund or device switch.

Posted via CB10
    08-05-15 10:58 AM
    08-05-15 11:23 AM
    SOLVED

Guys, I'm pretty technical having spent over 15 years in IT. Believe me, this one really got me. I tried every way I know to get the Berry reset to factory. Nothing worked. All tries with any method including BB Desktop Manager, BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife, Direct command prompt and others just would not get in and cue the Berry to RTF (Reset to Factory).

FINALLY tried (and believe me I had really given up) JL_CMDR. I figured because this was a script, it may just get past the password issue I was evidently having with the other methods. I had to be a problem with password because I'd get the same error with all methods, "Error, Unable to complete RTF" and it always happened within a split second of execution. Within 3 seconds trying JL_CMDR, it worked, the phone switched off and reset to factory.

This one really had me going.

Cured.

Thanks to those that responded. Everything failed but JL_CMDR. Go figure.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    08-05-15 02:41 PM