Anyone else out there loving BlackBerry Maps?

I just picked up an 8800 and BB Maps has become my new favorite app
    05-26-07 12:44 PM
    I do, too. But at the moment am using TeleNav till my trial period expires in about two months...

ps: does that mean that you should be giving us a new pin number?
    05-26-07 01:00 PM
    Picked up an 8800???

Well, I find BB Maps to be extremely helpful.
    05-26-07 03:38 PM
    Downloaded BB maps to 8800 that had a working version of TeleNav. BB maps work on the device; however when you select the option on BB maps to select address from address book and then hit map it, the device launches Telenav.

Questions:

1. Is there a way to disable TeleNav without removing the application all together from the device?

2. I am doing something wrong?

3. Has anyone else seen this? What are some solutions?

thx
    05-28-07 11:04 AM
    If TeleNav is just a trial version, I suggest uninstalling it. Options / Applications / Menu / Delete / Reboot (it gives you that option)...

Basically it seems that TeleNav is acting like the default application...
    05-28-07 12:17 PM
    I love my BB Maps program.
    05-28-07 09:06 PM
    Have you tried Google's free map program? I think it is better, much better than BB maps.

By the way, I wanted to delete TelNav Maps, but it isn't listed in Applications to delete. Any ideas how to get rid of it?
    06-15-07 05:29 PM
    I use BB maps for Gps because it has several features that I prefer to google, particularly trackup and it's font is easier to read at a glance. However, It does not track well in my home county, where I have a very strong signal. Sometimes it will go for a couple of minutes without updating. BB maps does work well in other areas. Google tracks well everywhere and has good POI. Because I have a vzw 7130e, I can't get wayfinder or telenav. Does anyone know how to improve BB maps? I have a Holux gpslim 240 gps receiver; once it gets started it works fine. Also, when I start gps I often need to repeat the process several times before the red arrow appears.
    Last edited by zinadork; 06-18-07 at 09:22 PM.
    06-18-07 09:16 PM
    I can't figure out how to turn the view (360 rotate). Any ideas?
    06-21-07 06:01 PM
    I am new to the BB world and noticed that this might be an awesome program since my att&t preloaded telenav wasnt very good. However i noticed on download it said that this program isnt available on the att&t network. HELP ME... does this mean it will not work on my att phone or it wont be found for download on att site ?
    06-24-07 02:55 PM
    I also find Google maps to be a better application that BB Maps. Much more user friendly, better maps and the ability to toggle between maps and satellite images. I just wish either of them had turn-by-turn directional capabilities.
    07-01-07 06:25 AM
    I use BB maps for Gps because it has several features that I prefer to google, particularly trackup and it's font is easier to read at a glance. However, It does not track well in my home county, where I have a very strong signal. Sometimes it will go for a couple of minutes without updating. BB maps does work well in other areas. Google tracks well everywhere and has good POI. Because I have a vzw 7130e, I can't get wayfinder or telenav. Does anyone know how to improve BB maps? I have a Holux gpslim 240 gps receiver; once it gets started it works fine. Also, when I start gps I often need to repeat the process several times before the red arrow appears.
    I have an 8830 with the Holux GPSlim240 and I cannot reliably get the GPS signal for BBMaps to work. I believe (my memory is fading) that I was able to get it to work a couple of times, but I haven't had the patience to get it to work now. any clue?
    07-26-07 12:49 PM
    when i go to the blackberry website and try to download maps it tells me that they don't allow att members to use them, does anyone have an advice?
    07-31-07 11:14 PM
    Below is a quote form the Blackberry Maps download page... GRRR it appears AT&T customers cannot use this. BUMMER!

BlackBerry Maps

View maps and receive driving directions on your BlackBerry� device using BlackBerry� Maps. This application allows you to find businesses, restaurants, concert venues, parks and more by entering addresses and viewing their locations on maps, quickly and conveniently from wherever you are.

Note: BlackBerry Maps is not available on the AT&T network.

BlackBerry Maps is only available on devices running device software v4.1 or v4.2.x.
    Currently, BlackBerry Maps contains map data for US, Canada, UK, Austria, Belgium & Luxembourg, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France (including Monaco), Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy (including Vatican City and San Marino), Liechtenstein, The Netherlands, Northern Ireland, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Spain (including Andora), Russia, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Lithuania, Estonia, Latvia, Slovenia, Croatia, Albania, Bulgaria*, Moldova, Romania, Belarus, Bosnia Herzegovina (Former Yugoslav Republic of) Macedonia, Serbia, Montenegro, Ukraine, Hong Kong, Singapore, Malaysia, and United Arab Emirates. Updates with broader coverage will be available in the future when available.
    Click BlackBerry Device User Guides to learn more about BlackBerry Maps.

Additional Terms of Use for UK Map Data

If you would like to wirelessly push BlackBerry Maps to your BlackBerry users, please click here.
    08-28-07 08:31 PM
    I have AT&T and I thought I have BBmaps on my Pearlita. I messed around with the one that was already there but I'm a big fan of Google Maps! It's free to download and really easy to use, seems to load quicker most of the time, etc. It offers map & satellite views, traffic updates (not much help unless you're in a big city), options to find locations & businesses, among other options. Also, for all of you that love the iPhone commercial when the search for sushi looked so easy...WELL, its not quite as sexy but it's just as easy and most times it provides much more info than just the phone number & website, but also the menu, prices, hours, etc.
    Try it out!
    PIN me up!
    -Bill
    08-28-07 08:48 PM
    I am a telenav fan, it has saved me from being lost many of times. And yes I do pay that 10 dollar a month fee.
    08-28-07 08:53 PM
    Does Google maps or BB maps give you turn by turn voice directions? Say I was in downtown NY walking and I wanted to find a store could I get voice directions to that location with either one of those?
    08-29-07 06:27 AM
    I found it - InfoSpace Find It!
    Turn-by turn directions.

One more thing - it's 100% FREE.

For OTA Downloads:
    (http) bb.infospace.com

PIN Me at 23F3BCF0 if you have questions.
    Last edited by mr.joshuah; 09-05-07 at 08:20 AM.
    09-05-07 08:09 AM
    how is it working for you now? did you have to do anything special during the install or setting up the phone?

Thanks
    09-05-07 09:44 AM
    WOW...InfoSpace is a sweet program. Good find and thanks for the heads up on it!
    09-27-07 01:16 AM
    Well I just installed bb maps on my curve *at&t branded* with no alterations to the phone at all. All I did was go to maps.blackberry.com on my curve, downloaded and installed. Works perfectly, then I uninstalled Telenav on mine. What I like about bb maps where I could not get telenav to work right was showing the map of the directions.

Charlie
    10-03-07 02:46 PM
    I'm using BB Maps and Google Maps on my AT&T 8800 with no problems. I really like the way Google Maps looks and have used it so far as the primary mapping tool. I don't plan on using Telenav at anytime, if I wanted to be charged for a GPS program then I would've stayed with VZW.
    10-03-07 03:20 PM
    Well if you go to the maps page on bb's site, you can download, install bbmaps on your att phone! My curve is att as well as my cell service is att and bbmaps works great on my 8300 *curve*.

Charlie

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-04-07 01:19 AM
    Stupid question, but just for clarification, the BlackBerry Maps application and the GPS feature for maps counts towards your data plan correct? Bell doesn't have an unlimited plan, so right now I have limits..(yeah it sucks..) and was playing around with the Maps/GPS feature (pretty fun if you ask me! lol) but just wanted to check if this costs data so I won't play to a 200+ dollar bill at the month! (hehehehe)
    10-06-07 12:00 AM
    I love BB maps, it's a great program. I use Google maps sometimes and I like it a lot also.

I downloaded Infospace and it is pretty nice also. It gives turn by turn by voice also and it's free.

Telenav isn't bad either, just don't like that 9.99 a month fee. I wouldn't use it enough to justify the cost.
    10-06-07 09:24 AM
48 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD