I started having troubles with the wifi on my 9550 several days ago. BB will find my network and will connect with WEP key, but when turned on, it takes a long time for the wifi icon to turn white, and the browser page or app will not load/refresh or run extremely slowly once it's on. The device will quickly drop the connection and return to 3G where everything will work correctly. I have been using the same router for over a year with this device. I did recently upgrade our ATT DSL plan and add an XBox 360 to the network, but all other wireless devices work flawlessly (including the laptop I'm using now.) I have deleted the wifi profile on the phone and set up again, power cycled both the modem and the router, and done battery pulls all to no avail. This is happening on my 9550 as well as my wife's. Just wanted to see if anyone was having a similar issue or knew of a fix.
    01-18-11 12:43 AM
    My S2's WiFi would grey-out a lot and I would reset my cable modem.
    Problem solved, everybody's happy. Yeah - right.

I have both WiFi and wireless TV in my house. After one more problem
    with the TV, I was talking with my Cable Guy who swore (and will swear)
    that my Cisco Router does NOT have to be plugged into my Cable Modem
    to get WiFi to my wife's Apple or our BBs or our TVs. Yeah, right. Turns
    out that my cable modem does NOT work its wireless magic UNLESS
    it is plugged into my Cisco router, irrespective of whether or not my
    non-wireless Cisco Router has hardwired outputs to my computers
    connected or not.

Duh. Don't know if it is a loading issue or a TCP/IP address issue.

Suppose I had tone in the sense that my S2's WiFi icon was white. Then if
    I would unplug the Cisco router, it would stay white. But: if I were to then
    disable WiFi on my S2 and re-enable it, it would grey out and stay that way.
    If I were to then turn off my 3G, I could not surf with WiFi. More Duh.

Oh well ! Just keep the &^%##(%$ Cisco router plugged in.

Doctor Neutron
    Last edited by DoctorNeutron; 01-18-11 at 09:38 AM. Reason: more info
    01-18-11 09:24 AM
    From time to time my wifi will loose connection and then come back on automatically. Happens randomly.
    01-19-11 09:33 AM
    Same thing happening here started yesterday, also is wi-fi supposed to turn its self off if u receive a message because that's getting real old.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-19-11 03:11 PM
    I have up on wifi a long time ago. My router is older and the connection was very inconsistent. Even when I was hooked up it wasn't any faster than 3g. Maybe when big red starts gouging me for unlimited data I'll buy a different router...or a different phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-19-11 07:35 PM
    Yeah randomly it just wont find my home internet or connect and disconnect later
    01-19-11 08:20 PM
    Well right now, i have zero connectivity. Browser goes nowhere, and can't even connect to wifi!
    01-19-11 09:01 PM
    I am having serious connectivity issues. Beweather, Browser, facebook, SI app Pandora, and Emails are not going through either. However, Google app works, App world Works too! Been like this for the past day or so, done battery pulls... any suggestions? Im running OS .1015
    01-20-11 11:41 AM
    Can anyone help me out????
    I'm having problems connecting to the web with WiFi on my storm 2. I've tried all i could but it keeps coming up with this message " Connection failed due to a net work problem. If this persist, please contact your network administrator."
    This phone is Brand new Verizon Unlocked, using T-mobile sim card. I do not have a data plan.
    02-28-11 11:48 AM
    I'm having the same problems. Wifi is connected, all lit up, but the browser will time out. The wife's curve 8530 connects all the time without a problem. I'm running OS .713. I even did a wipe a couple of weeks ago and re-installed the OS, it worked for a bit, but then nothing. It isn't just at home, can't connect to the wireless router at work either. I'll run the speed test, first it will say "no connection" but if I hit the start test button, it will work both upload and download. Goto wifi tools, everything looks OK, it gets signal no problem. I was considering upgrading to the latest OS, but it looks like people are having wifi problems too. So what's the problem, is it a hardware issue? or a brower issue?
    02-28-11 05:10 PM
    Can anyone help me out????
    I'm having problems connecting to the web with WiFi on my storm 2. I've tried all i could but it keeps coming up with this message " Connection failed due to a net work problem. If this persist, please contact your network administrator."
    This phone is Brand new Verizon Unlocked, using T-mobile sim card. I do not have a data plan.
    You need a BlackBerry Data Plan.
    02-28-11 05:41 PM
    When I start having issues, I have found that rebooting my external WiFi
    hardware helps a bunch !! Doctor Neutron
    03-01-11 08:45 AM
    I have done a search for my problem and I cant find a salution. I have a storm2 with the lasest device OS version 5.0.0.1015 Bundle Platform 4.2.0.442. I am trying to connect to my home wifi network, which is the Siemens SE587 WLAN dsl. This router is using WPA-PSK/WPA2-PSK security. My phone will have signal but will not connect to the network. after trying reboots, deleting the network and reinstalling does not work I reboot the router and then the phone will connect. It will not stay connected though if for any reason I loose signal it will not connect again until I reboot the router. I have connected to other wifi networks without a problem.

I would like some help with this problem it seems that I may have some setting wrong in my router but I am not sure which one is wrong.
    03-15-11 08:41 PM
    This is happening to mine too
    05-29-11 12:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD