I keep getting the message that a new email setup software is ready to be downloaded. Once I start I get a message that I am unable to read all of. It says that something may cause the email setup client to stop running properly and asks if I want to proceed. I click yes and it continues to download, then asks me again. I say yes and then it downloads and then fails.

Any ideas on how to stop this from happening/download the new BIS update?
    05-19-11 01:58 PM
    OK, I need to spend some serious time reading ALL your posts...you're a wealth of information on everything I'm missing....
    05-19-11 02:11 PM
    Oh man, has this been posted? Sorry dude I wasn't trying to re-post crap.

We can have the mods delete this...
    05-19-11 02:14 PM
    **** it finally downloaded and it rebooted and now won't get past the bar screen. the bar is full but it's just stuck there.

I'm pissed. Any ideas?
    05-19-11 02:29 PM
    3 battery pulls later and nothing. Jesus.
    05-19-11 02:36 PM
    Troubleshooting begins with the basics.

The first step is to identify what you are trying to do. BlackBerry users do not update BIS, only the carriers do that.

Were you prompted from BlackBerry Desktop Manager? What is the actual text of the message?

05-19-11 02:57 PM
    ??? My gf got the update as well. I read on another news site that the updates were rolling out. The update itself said BIS upgrade.

So I hit upgrade. Was having trouble installing it. Installed it. Now my phone won't start.
    05-19-11 03:00 PM
    An upgrade at the carrier should not impact the device, they test it to be sure that will not happen.

Have you tried the "Safe Start"? Hold down the Esc while it reboots.

I keep getting the message that a new email setup software is ready to be downloaded....
    Does this message come to Email or by PIN Message? Are you sure it is from your carrier?

What is the HTTP link you are following?
    05-19-11 03:04 PM
  9. T
    The day people started posting about this I noticed that I couldn't log in to BIS from my computer using my usual bookmark. A warning came up saying that the site's certificate was no good! I Googled BIS and followed a link to the site, then updated my bookmark. I wonder why the site's certificate was no good?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-19-11 03:51 PM
    i installed the BIS updated for t-mobile which appeared to have renamed something in the boot files or what have you. when the device powered on, the only thing i saw on the screen was a list of items and applications that would not run. i fixed it with a reload of the software..
    05-19-11 05:00 PM
    jesus what a fiasco. I had to do like 7 battery pulls.

I was able to connect back to my computer. I cleared it out and for the past half hour I couldn't get it to connect to my mac. I had to pull the battery out, connect it to my mac, it kept coming up error 507, It finally started do something and is now loading but stuck at 75%.

Thank you BIS update for making my email experience on blackberry better.
    05-19-11 06:34 PM
    I can't set up my email without updating and that screws my phone up, what should I do? Anyone else having problems?
    05-19-11 07:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD