Neither my boyfriend or I can send messages. I'm running 5.0, he has the original version that came with his 8330 (4.6, I think?)

Anyway, we can't get messages to send to anyone. Is anyone else having problems? I couldn't find another thread asking this recently.
    09-11-09 08:27 PM
    Mine seems to be sending/receiving just fine. I'm running 5.0, as are most of my bbm friends. Check for outages in your area that may be the source of your issues. Hope you figure it out
    09-11-09 08:36 PM
    Thanks

This might be a silly question, but do you know who I should call or where I should look to check if it's an outage in my area?

Usually I just assume it's a 5.0 problem until David tells me his isn't working either. Then I know it's not since he isn't running 5.0. (If i had my way he probably would be, but he's still got OS .77 so upgrading him would be a pain.)
    09-11-09 08:40 PM
    I really am not sure sorry, but would suggest a Google search or contacting RIM directly.
    09-11-09 10:11 PM
    Ok, turns out is a different problem than what I originally though. I just downgraded from bbm 5.0 to the original version that came with my device. (my on accident than on purpose, but oh well) I went to re-add my contacts and they all added just fine, except for my boyfriend. He still was listed as "pending". I looked at his phone when I got a chance and it doesn't even register that I requested to add him. So I went to add ME from his phone, but now we are not actual contacts and I'm listed as pending on his phone and his is listed as pending on mine.

Help please? I don't know what to do. I've tried everything I can think of to try and fix it, but it's not working.
    09-11-09 10:43 PM
    Neither my husband nor I are able to send BBM messages today either. It was working fine yesterday. Hope you find an answer.
    09-12-09 11:55 AM
    BBM 5 has intermittent issues with message delivering. most of the time it works just fine, but every now and then they get delayed.
    09-12-09 12:40 PM
    Had delivery problems with 5 and restored to 4.6 version but lost my contacts now
    09-15-09 03:31 AM
    BBM overall appears to be down right now. Ive got 8 messages that have been sent but not delivered. they are to 3 different contacts, 1 of whom is using bbm 4.5 and says hes tried sending to his friends and they also arent being delivered.
    09-15-09 10:31 AM
    About 2 minutes after posting the above all my messages were sent and all incoming messages were delivered....

Rim really needs to get a handle on this server issue.
    09-15-09 10:44 AM
    About 2 minutes after posting the above all my messages were sent and all incoming messages were delivered....

Rim really needs to get a handle on this server issue.
    should be taken care of once it goes official.
    09-16-09 05:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD