Well for me,it seems clear that success for BB10 will be in it's ability to connect to lots of people without having them forced to be on a Blackberry device, what would be best is if it connected to Skype with a beautiful and clear picture and sound, that quality will become it's own advertizing as those who aren't on BB10 will 'see the difference', that's what I am hoping for cause that will give one aspect of this mobile computer a large audience who get to immediate input on quality.

As to Skype and Netflix, yes having them on board is a good thing, a very good thing. It just bugs me that with the fierce environment for smart phone, these two enterprizes don't seem to have any competition? If there were competition for these two companies there would be more options for the mobile devices and consumers. I say this especially in regards to Skype, why are they getting away without any viable competition, no else is getting that free ride! I would love to see BBM go Desktop with Video!! then build apps for it (just the video) for iOS and Android!!
    11-26-12 01:44 PM
    Apple is becoming a niche product too. It is only selling about 15% of new smartphones. Therefore, it will suffer the same fate as RIM.
    No, it will not.
    Reducing marketshare isn't about declining shipments, but more about the smartphone market exploding and sucking up many former featurephone and dumbphone users.

There are Android phones more powerful than the 9900 on sale in China for $160. Those contribute significantly to the total Android tally....as well as sales of mid-range Android devices....before one starts debating the flagship phones.

Apart from Marketshare, Apple is still raking in well over 60% of the total profits in the smartphone game.

Keep dreaming
    11-26-12 01:49 PM
    She works as a sales representative. She may not be very bright. She may make a lot of sales because she is good looking and outgoing.
    Wow.

Does the same apply to good looking and outgoing male sales representatives?
    Do we assume they're not very bright and make sales only because of good looks?

Is this 2012 or 1220?

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    11-26-12 02:05 PM
    There's possibly an aspect that gets overlooked by a few people when it comes to apps on platforms: carrier agreements. Verizon customers have had Skype. Let's hope none of that goes around with BB10.

kbz1960 likes this.
    11-26-12 02:20 PM
    No "non love" here, but I am thinking the Samsung galaxy note 10 looks really sweet - granted the price tag doesn't.
    11-26-12 04:23 PM
    Wow.

Does the same apply to good looking and outgoing male sales representatives?
    Do we assume they're not very bright and make sales only because of good looks?

Is this 2012 or 1220?

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    If "he" gave the same advice that the OP got, I'd be inclined to believe that it does also apply.
    11-26-12 04:33 PM
    Can you use FaceTime if you have an iPhone and your family has a BB10 phone or PlayBook?

What's your point?
    Beat me to it.

Can't use FaceTime with any Android device either... what's the point here?
    Again

This isn't serious is it?

Besides the fact that FaceTime runs on: Mac OS, Apple TV, iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, and all of those can also run Skype (which can be run on basically every platform except BlackBerry - yes I know about the Verizon non-video exception) everyone's (or at lest the vast, vast, vast majority) family has some tech platform that runs FaceTime or Skype (I don't have FaceTime anywhere, but have Skype on my laptops and TVs). Very, very few families (generously less than 5%) will have BB10.

In other words, a proprietary BlackBerry VOIP and Video solution that is not cross-platform (and not even cross BB platform) is not a solution and certainly not the equivalent of FaceTime - not even comparable.
    Can I use face time on my pc? How does it work on a pc? Guess I don't know anyone with an iphone or mac.

What about faceflow that seems to work on everything.
    11-26-12 05:19 PM
    While i agree that iPhone has a large following, and so does an Android, i know more people with a BlackBerry device than any other, and I live in North America. Those that don't have an iphone: one has an android, and the others all have feature phones.
    11-26-12 06:48 PM
    There's possibly an aspect that gets overlooked by a few people when it comes to apps on platforms: carrier agreements. Verizon customers have had Skype. Let's hope none of that goes around with BB10.

http://i50.tinypic.com/vrqxk9.jpg

http://i50.tinypic.com/xaw6cj.jpg
    Been pointing that out but people complain about no video chat. that is a hardware issue with BB, no front facing camera .

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    11-27-12 04:43 AM
    Been pointing that out but people complain about no video chat. that is a hardware issue with BB, no front facing camera .

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    Not to mention my Storm2 couldn't handle running the program.
    11-27-12 09:33 AM
    Sprint has a big contracts with Apple; it's a long way to go to make their money from selling an Iphone. Now talking is cheap regarding BB10 until it is coming out and we will see who is better. I strongly believed BB10 will be a hit when consumer understand their UI.
    11-27-12 10:20 AM
    Sprint has a big contracts with Apple; it's a long way to go to make their money from selling an Iphone. Now talking is cheap regarding BB10 until it is coming out and we will see who is better. I strongly believed BB10 will be a hit when consumer understand their UI.
    As long as it has the apps to back it up. Ask any one person what they want in a phone and most will say apps, not physical keyboard or LED light.
    11-27-12 01:16 PM
    As long as it has the apps to back it up. Ask any one person what they want in a phone and most will say apps, not physical keyboard or LED light.
    Well since you asked. It isn't apps. I'm not normal though.
    11-27-12 01:28 PM
    The other day I called Sprint to ask them a question on my future upgrade and their 14 day return policy, The CSR boldly ask me (No pun intended) Why would I even think of considering a BB 10 next year since, in her opinion, "BlackBerry is pretty much dead device now". It seems this is the overall opinion of not only Carriers, but Obliviously consumers in the US alike. Really? What can RIM do to even get at leat 10 percent of their former subscribers back? Let alone 20-25 percent?
    First, RIM has already taken steps to improve, invogorate, and are in the process of changing the image that has dogged them in the critics/press as being "dead" for the last two(plus) years.....and they are not done- yet. Next, BB10 may not be the devices that turn it around for RIM as the 1st Generation devices, but, RIM will introduce new devices along with a new platform with more choices to follow. Can't hurt. Trust me when I say that I'm (one of many) that are not happy about waiting two years for a new BlackBerry, but, when we're this close to launch and the appearance of things coming together for RIM, I can wait. So, to all of those still playing the part of "chicken-little" claiming that the sky is falling BB10 will be D.O.A.(dead on arrival) and won't make it, thank GOD they're not doctors operating on someone for cancer or a liver transplant. LOL.
    Last edited by Blacklatino; 11-27-12 at 02:00 PM.
    11-27-12 01:42 PM
    Can you use FaceTime if you have an iPhone and your family has a BB10 phone or PlayBook?

What's your point?
    Get your family on BB10.

Seriously, if RIM had this out 2 years ago, I'd be a rich man, but they didn't, so now they need to grab the people switching from iPhone.
    shemaree09 likes this.
    11-30-12 08:07 AM
    BBM Voice/Video will be on BB10. So that solves the FaceTime issue.
    Only if your friends/family have Blackberry's too. iOs device are already everywhere!
    11-30-12 10:07 AM
    Only if your friends/family have Blackberry's too. iOs device are already everywhere!
    I must be under a rock. No one I know personally has an iphone or blackberry so they both are worthless.
    11-30-12 10:20 AM
    I must be under a rock. No one I know personally has an iphone or blackberry so they both are worthless.
    definitely under a rock
    kbz1960 likes this.
    11-30-12 10:29 AM
    definitely under a rock
    The good news is..........I do have geico
    11-30-12 10:37 AM
    Can I use face time on my pc? How does it work on a pc? Guess I don't know anyone with an iphone or mac.

What about faceflow that seems to work on everything.
    Facetime is Apple only. Faceflow has an insignificant user base.

Google Hangouts works on Linux, Windows, MacOS, Android, and iOS.

Skype works on all of the above, plus Windows mobile.
    11-30-12 10:48 AM
    Personally, I think RIM should do one of two things...... either partner with their current video store vendor (name is escaping me at the moment) to offer a similar online-only rental model like Netflix......or partner with a company like Dish Network/Blockbuster to bring new release content as well as streaming tv content (Sling media) to the PlayBook and BB10 handsets.
    You really want RIM to partner with Blockbuster? The jokes would write themselves.
    RubberChicken76 likes this.
    11-30-12 10:50 AM
    Facetime is Apple only. Faceflow has an insignificant user base.
    I'd love to know how regularly used Facetime is by Apple users. Every time I see someone video chatting on an Apple product, it's always with Skype. I don't down Facetime's functional abilities, but I almost never see it get used.
    11-30-12 10:56 AM
    I'd love to know how regularly used Facetime is by Apple users. Every time I see someone video chatting on an Apple product, it's always with Skype. I don't down Facetime's functional abilities, but I almost never see it get used.
    I use it at least once a day. I use my iphone 4 to facetime different members of my family, some using their ipads and some using their iphones. Its convenience is unrivaled.
    11-30-12 10:59 AM
    I use Facetime all the time on my iPod Touch with friends and family. Its easier because a lot of my friends have an iPhone and/or Mac. Facetime gets used a lot more too because its also available on iPad and iPod Touch. These days, most people have at least 1 of these products.
    11-30-12 11:16 AM
    Well my BBM list keeps getting smaller.

*ONE* person....my man....that I know in real life. ALL my family and loved ones have gone. I used to say the whole family was a BB family, but everyone is gone.

I only have about ten from the forum, after I dropped one member from BBM and Twitter and my contacts this morning.

My WhatsApp is increasing. My iMessage is increasing.

I will Skype and Face Time with them.

******edited to catch typo that my loving, loving friend THE PANTLESS ONE brought to my attention!!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by qbnkelt; 12-05-12 at 11:11 AM.
    12-05-12 10:48 AM
80 1234